Page 302 of 374 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 5596

It's really starting to feel like they are going out of their way to make Lena villainous and unlikable, probably to squash any hope the shippers have of Kara and Lena getting together. Her villainy is so over the top it borders on ridiculous.

As for Kara's hair- I really hate the bangs. Not only is it unflattering, quite frankly it makes her human disguise even weaker now that Kara and Supergirl share the same hairstyle. At least before she could pull it back into a ponytail to change how her hair looked.

Hell, she had to tell Lena this year, because if Lena couldn't put two and two together by just the haircut, there was no hope for her.

Something just occured to me- Leviathan press ganged and then killed Rip Roar because he saw the medallion. But not only did Lena also see the medallion, but Andrea was wearing it out in public. And Lena had a drawing of it in her journal. So why was Rip Roar enslaved and later killed just for looking at it, when probably dozens of people (and especially Lena) have seen it as well?
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 11-11-2019 at 08:38 AM.

I’m still not sure about Lena going full on villain, but I sort of understand why she’s felt betrayed by people she trusted twice. But when did Lena figure out eve was part of leviathan? And what exactly is leviathan, anyway? Andrea, on the other hand is starting to annoy me with the good person forced into being bad trope they tried with reign and Samantha. Didn’t like it then either.
    Last edited by protege; 11-11-2019 at 01:44 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I'm still not buying supervillain Lena based on that betrayal nonsense. Every time I hear her whining about that, I just have to roll my eyes.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I liked the references to past seasons. Lord Industries, Myriad, Superman and Supergirl saving Lena. Cat Grant being appointed press secretary. I am guessing they used footage of Lex Luthor left in the cutting room
    but it was nice they brought back Rahul Kohli to play Jack Spheer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm still not buying supervillain Lena based on that betrayal nonsense. Every time I hear her whining about that, I just have to roll my eyes.
    I know, seems like they afe just grasping for her villain motivations.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I know, seems like they afe just grasping for her villain motivations.
    Agreed. For someone who was looking to redeem the Luthor name and NOT follow in the family footsteps, she has done over the past 6 episodes:

* Talked a former friend into buying CatCo, with the intention of using them to out Kara's identity to the world, which could very well result in the death of Eliza Danvers (Alex is a harder target).

* Had a woman abducted, mapped her brain, then downloaded an artificial intelligence into said brain, possibly destroying Eve's personality in the process

* Manipulated Kara into stealing her brother's journals so that she could create a mind control device

* Tampered with the Phantom Zone projector so that it would send Malefak to her lab, instead of back into prison where he belonged

* Manipulated him into helping her create her own inception device

* Used said device on Malefak to keep him there

* Used said device on the DEO to allow Andrea to rescue her boyfriend, which could have resulted in the death of Alex and J'onn

* Used said device on Rip Roar to force Andrea to hand over the amulet, which now has no true purpose to Lena other than spite

* Manipulated Kara AGAIN to keep her away from the DEO while Andrea rescued her boyfriend

And that's just off the top of my head.

And all because Kara didn't tell her she was Supergirl, which compounded Andrea's earlier betrayal. Talk about a snowflake...

Incidentally, I'd like to think that when Kara finds out what Lena did she'll throw her into a cell for a while a'la Max Lord, but I know she'll just get all weepy and blame herself for what Lena is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m still not sure about Lena going full on villain, but I sort of understand why she’s felt betrayed by people she trusted twice. But when did Lena figure out eve was part of leviathan? And what exactly is leviathan, anyway? Andrea, on the other hand is starting to annoy me with the good person forced into being bad trope they tried with reign and Samantha. Didn’t like it then either.
    If I remember correctly, Eve mentioned that she was involved in something, but if she told Lena they would kill her and Lena as well.

As for Andrea- this is a different situation. With Sam/Reign, Sam had no control over what Reign did and was forced to take a back seat. I don't even think she had a memory of what Reign was doing. With Andrea, she is fully aware of what she is doing, and has chosen to do it for selfish reasons. Sure, it was to save her life, but as Lena pointed out, if that medallion could have helped her stop Lex sooner, then hundreds or thousands of people would still be alive.

This twist actually makes her more likable to me, and considering what happened to her boyfriend, I'm wondering if maybe she'll turn herself into the DEO next week and spill all of the beans, including Lena's part in it, just to get vengeance for him
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 11-11-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Agreed. For someone who was looking to redeem the Luthor name and NOT follow in the family footsteps, she has done over the past 6 episodes:

* Talked a former friend into buying CatCo, with the intention of using them to out Kara's identity to the world, which could very well result in the death of Eliza Danvers (Alex is a harder target).

* Had a woman abducted, mapped her brain, then downloaded an artificial intelligence into said brain, possibly destroying Eve's personality in the process

* Manipulated Kara into stealing her brother's journals so that she could create a mind control device

* Tampered with the Phantom Zone projector so that it would send Malefak to her lab, instead of back into prison where he belonged

* Manipulated him into helping her create her own inception device

* Used said device on Malefak to keep him there

* Used said device on the DEO to allow Andrea to rescue her boyfriend, which could have resulted in the death of Alex and J'onn

* Used said device on Rip Roar to force Andrea to hand over the amulet, which now has no true purpose to Lena other than spite

* Manipulated Kara AGAIN to keep her away from the DEO while Andrea rescued her boyfriend

And that's just off the top of my head.

And all because Kara didn't tell her she was Supergirl, which compounded Andrea's earlier betrayal. Talk about a snowflake...

Incidentally, I'd like to think that when Kara finds out what Lena did she'll throw her into a cell for a while a'la Max Lord, but I know she'll just get all weepy and blame herself for what Lena is doing.

If I remember correctly, Eve mentioned that she was involved in something, but if she told Lena they would kill her and Lena as well.

As for Andrea- this is a different situation. With Sam/Reign, Sam had no control over what Reign did and was forced to take a back seat. I don't even think she had a memory of what Reign was doing. With Andrea, she is fully aware of what she is doing, and has chosen to do it for selfish reasons. Sure, it was to save her life, but as Lena pointed out, if that medallion could have helped her stop Lex sooner, then hundreds or thousands of people would still be alive.

This twist actually makes her more likable to me, and considering what happened to her boyfriend, I'm wondering if maybe she'll turn herself into the DEO next week and spill all of the beans, including Lena's part in it, just to get vengeance for him
    She can't. Her father would instantly be targeted by Leviathan, and her company destroyed.

Anyway, so glad Lena is going full villain. Not only to put a stop to the shippers, but also because, hello, she's a freakin' Luthor!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    She can't. Her father would instantly be targeted by Leviathan, and her company destroyed.

Anyway, so glad Lena is going full villain. Not only to put a stop to the shippers, but also because, hello, she's a freakin' Luthor!
    It won’t stop the shippers it just means they will write fanfics involving kryptonite chains... and other stuff I won’t mention.

And Winn is Toyman's son but somehow no one wanted him to be a villain.

"You will be a villain because of blood" is a strange message to put in a Supergirl show of all things and is even stranger to have the fandom accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And Winn is Toyman's son but somehow no one wanted him to be a villain.

"You will be a villain because of blood" is a strange message to put in a Supergirl show of all things and is even stranger to have the fandom accept it.
    Especially when Lena was the anti-Luthor for most of her life. Frankly, it's just ridiculous.

I mean, I GUESS they are still going for the Bait-And-Switch and bring Lena back to the light, but they should stop piling up Kicking-Puppies-Moments for her, because at some point, redemption would seem forced (see: Black Siren).

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I mean, I GUESS they are still going for the Bait-And-Switch and bring Lena back to the light, but they should stop piling up Kicking-Puppies-Moments for her, because at some point, redemption would seem forced (see: Black Siren).
    If she's being controlled by something or someone, okay. Otherwise, she's past the redemption-without-consequences point, IMO.

Wow, my opinion on Andrea has taken a complete 180, which is somewhat ironic when this episode established she is basically a Supervillain with her own costume and everything. Like, I wasn't actually expecting them to give her her Acrata powers from the comics, but on-top that they establish so much more complexity and depth with her character then was there before. Like, she's doing bad things and is a killer, but Leviathan basically stuck her in a no-win situation that has ended up taking away from her everything she cares about with her being powerless to rebel. It's hard not to feel bad for her .

The younger actress who portrayed young Andrea looked so uncannily like a younger Julie Gonzalo. Lena's younger self looked okay but not as much of an exact match.

So underage drinking was Lena's first crime...

Leviathan screwed over Max Lord? As if to add insult to injury to a character who's not even on the show anymore .

What possessed Andrea to wear the medallion as a necklace after the Leviathan Messenger told her that no one should see her with the medallion?

Poor Jack. A part of me feels that things would have been better for the both of them if Lena had just stayed, but I guess Lena ended up proving invaluable to Supergirl and National City.

Now we have an added sense of tragedy to Kara ended up winning her over and becoming her new best friend...and then Lena ends up feeling betrayed again.

I doubt Leviathan wanted Supergirl finding out their name, so I guess that's one knock against them in this long-running conflict.

Man, this show sure likes to turn Brainy evil.

J'onn totally would have won that fight if he had transformed into his martian form .

So exactly what is Leviathan? They don't seem to be a terrorist group, they seem to have some kind of supernatural bent, and if they were aware of the medallion then it appears they've been around for a really long time.

Lena threatening to have Rip Roar slit his throat just to get the medallion is pretty much a point of no return at the moment. Could she have been bluffing? It runs completely counter to her supposed "do no harm" stance.

I guess it shows how much Russel loved Andrea that he seemed to go along with the Rip Roar process somewhat willingly and didn't seem to begrudge Andrea for any of it. It probably helped that Andrea genuinely loved him, not that it mattered to Leviathan.

Andrea never needed the medallion, it just unlocked her powers? So was Leviathan planning on using her from the very beginning? Was she destined to become Acrata?

She might decide, at this point, that it would be worth it. Never underestimate the power of revenge.

I was enjoying the flashbacks between Lena and Andrea so much that when they started talking about magical medallions, I was thrown. Guess I forgot what show I was watching. It sucks to be Lena, man, no wonder that woman has trust issues. I still hated seeing her play Kara like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Also, by now I think it is safe to call Lena a supervillain. Threatening to force her friends lover to cut his own throat, thats a pretty new low.
    That was cold, and a true Luthor move. I'd like to think Lena did it simply because she knew Andrea would comply and never intended for Rip Roar to hurt himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, my opinion on Andrea has taken a complete 180, which is somewhat ironic when this episode established she is basically a Supervillain with her own costume and everything. Like, I wasn't actually expecting them to give her her Acrata powers from the comics, but on-top that they establish so much more complexity and depth with her character then was there before.
    So there's a character named Acrata from the comics? I had no idea. I thought she was just going to be this show's version of Shadow Thief.