Page 303 of 312 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 4667
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    She can't. Her father would instantly be targeted by Leviathan, and her company destroyed.

Anyway, so glad Lena is going full villain. Not only to put a stop to the shippers, but also because, hello, she's a freakin' Luthor!
    It won’t stop the shippers it just means they will write fanfics involving kryptonite chains... and other stuff I won’t mention.

She can't. Her father would instantly be targeted by Leviathan, and her company destroyed.

Anyway, so glad Lena is going full villain. Not only to put a stop to the shippers, but also because, hello, she's a freakin' Luthor!
    And Winn is Toyman's son but somehow no one wanted him to be a villain.

"You will be a villain because of blood" is a strange message to put in a Supergirl show of all things and is even stranger to have the fandom accept it.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And Winn is Toyman's son but somehow no one wanted him to be a villain.

"You will be a villain because of blood" is a strange message to put in a Supergirl show of all things and is even stranger to have the fandom accept it.
    Especially when Lena was the anti-Luthor for most of her life. Frankly, it's just ridiculous.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I mean, I GUESS they are still going for the Bait-And-Switch and bring Lena back to the light, but they should stop piling up Kicking-Puppies-Moments for her, because at some point, redemption would seem forced (see: Black Siren).

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I mean, I GUESS they are still going for the Bait-And-Switch and bring Lena back to the light, but they should stop piling up Kicking-Puppies-Moments for her, because at some point, redemption would seem forced (see: Black Siren).
    If she's being controlled by something or someone, okay. Otherwise, she's past the redemption-without-consequences point, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Wow, my opinion on Andrea has taken a complete 180, which is somewhat ironic when this episode established she is basically a Supervillain with her own costume and everything. Like, I wasn't actually expecting them to give her her Acrata powers from the comics, but on-top that they establish so much more complexity and depth with her character then was there before. Like, she's doing bad things and is a killer, but Leviathan basically stuck her in a no-win situation that has ended up taking away from her everything she cares about with her being powerless to rebel. It's hard not to feel bad for her .

The younger actress who portrayed young Andrea looked so uncannily like a younger Julie Gonzalo. Lena's younger self looked okay but not as much of an exact match.

So underage drinking was Lena's first crime...

Leviathan screwed over Max Lord? As if to add insult to injury to a character who's not even on the show anymore .

What possessed Andrea to wear the medallion as a necklace after the Leviathan Messenger told her that no one should see her with the medallion?

Poor Jack. A part of me feels that things would have been better for the both of them if Lena had just stayed, but I guess Lena ended up proving invaluable to Supergirl and National City.

Now we have an added sense of tragedy to Kara ended up winning her over and becoming her new best friend...and then Lena ends up feeling betrayed again.

I doubt Leviathan wanted Supergirl finding out their name, so I guess that's one knock against them in this long-running conflict.

Man, this show sure likes to turn Brainy evil.

J'onn totally would have won that fight if he had transformed into his martian form .

So exactly what is Leviathan? They don't seem to be a terrorist group, they seem to have some kind of supernatural bent, and if they were aware of the medallion then it appears they've been around for a really long time.

Lena threatening to have Rip Roar slit his throat just to get the medallion is pretty much a point of no return at the moment. Could she have been bluffing? It runs completely counter to her supposed "do no harm" stance.

I guess it shows how much Russel loved Andrea that he seemed to go along with the Rip Roar process somewhat willingly and didn't seem to begrudge Andrea for any of it. It probably helped that Andrea genuinely loved him, not that it mattered to Leviathan.

Andrea never needed the medallion, it just unlocked her powers? So was Leviathan planning on using her from the very beginning? Was she destined to become Acrata?

She might decide, at this point, that it would be worth it. Never underestimate the power of revenge.

I was enjoying the flashbacks between Lena and Andrea so much that when they started talking about magical medallions, I was thrown. Guess I forgot what show I was watching. It sucks to be Lena, man, no wonder that woman has trust issues. I still hated seeing her play Kara like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Also, by now I think it is safe to call Lena a supervillain. Threatening to force her friends lover to cut his own throat, thats a pretty new low.
    That was cold, and a true Luthor move. I'd like to think Lena did it simply because she knew Andrea would comply and never intended for Rip Roar to hurt himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, my opinion on Andrea has taken a complete 180, which is somewhat ironic when this episode established she is basically a Supervillain with her own costume and everything. Like, I wasn't actually expecting them to give her her Acrata powers from the comics, but on-top that they establish so much more complexity and depth with her character then was there before.
    So there's a character named Acrata from the comics? I had no idea. I thought she was just going to be this show's version of Shadow Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So there's a character named Acrata from the comics? I had no idea. I thought she was just going to be this show's version of Shadow Thief.
    In the comic books Acrata is a superhero and her real name is also Andrea Rojas and her father is also Bernado Rojas. She was also in Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That was cold, and a true Luthor move. I'd like to think Lena did it simply because she knew Andrea would comply and never intended for Rip Roar to hurt himself.
    The only way Lena doesn't come off as a gigantic hypocrite is if she was bluffing, but if she seemed so serious that you couldn't tell...we may never know if she was.

The only way Lena doesn't come off as a gigantic hypocrite is if she was bluffing, but if she seemed so serious that you couldn't tell...we may never know if she was.
    Lena shot and would have killed John Corben if he hadn't been rescued by Cadmus. Lena might have shot Morgan Edge if not knocked out by his henchman. Lena killed Adam while conducting Harun-El experiments.
    Lena did shoot and kill Lex Luthor. So it's not like Lena doesn't kill if she thinks the ends justify the means.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Lena shot and would have killed John Corben if he hadn't been rescued by Cadmus. Lena might have shot Morgan Edge if not knocked out by his henchman. Lena killed Adam while conducting Harun-El experiments.
    Lena did shoot and kill Lex Luthor. So it's not like Lena doesn't kill if she thinks the ends justify the means.
    But I think willingness to kill a, basically, innocent is something that I think would be way over the line even for her.

Lena threatening to have Rip Roar slit his throat just to get the medallion is pretty much a point of no return at the moment.
    No...a point of no return moment would have been having Rip Roar slit his throat anyway after she got the medallion.

This show doesn't do irredeemable, twisting figurative mustache evil women, not without killing them off shortly afterward (Rhea and Selena come to mind). And there's too much wiggle room with Lena to suggest they're going this route. Screwing with villains isn't enough (and sorry but Eve and J'onn's brother are villains), at best she's a minor antagonist. This is a side story since she's a major character. She's heartbroken and acting out scientifically/clinically instead of processing what she's going through like a normal human. Either she will realize on her own how stupid she's being, or Lex will say some version of that when they meet up (either right before or during Crisis I'd imagine).

But hey, not to get in the way of the "Yay Lena is finally evil!" echo chamber. There won't be much to discuss anyway till after Crisis since regardless of quality this is all filler (and this goes for all the CW DC shows except maybe Batwoman) till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    No...a point of no return moment would have been having Rip Roar slit his throat anyway after she got the medallion.

This show doesn't do irredeemable, twisting figurative mustache evil women, not without killing them off shortly afterward (Rhea and Selena come to mind). And there's too much wiggle room with Lena to suggest they're going this route. Screwing with villains isn't enough (and sorry but Eve and J'onn's brother are villains), at best she's a minor antagonist. This is a side story since she's a major character. She's heartbroken and acting out scientifically/clinically instead of processing what she's going through like a normal human. Either she will realize on her own how stupid she's being, or Lex will say some version of that when they meet up (either right before or during Crisis I'd imagine).

But hey, not to get in the way of the "Yay Lena is finally evil!" echo chamber. There won't be much to discuss anyway till after Crisis since regardless of quality this is all filler (and this goes for all the CW DC shows except maybe Batwoman) till then.
    You make a good point, but the fact is she is doing all of this to create a mind control device- a device she has already used on multiple people, including the agents at the DEO.

I think Lena's on a very slippery slope that she's slipping more and more off of as the season goes along.