Page 269 of 374 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 5596
    Mighty Member

That symbiotic creature was pretty cool.

The obvious way for Kara to cure her Alex problem is to leave National City. Of course, that would mean dropping the whole supporting cast so that's not happening.

BTW, does Alex never talk to her mother? Any conversation with her would reveal Supergirl's secret identity.

Oh, and did they drop the subplot regarding Fred Danvers for some reason?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The obvious way for Kara to cure her Alex problem is to leave National City. Of course, that would mean dropping the whole supporting cast so that's not happening.

BTW, does Alex never talk to her mother? Any conversation with her would reveal Supergirl's secret identity.

Oh, and did they drop the subplot regarding Fred Danvers for some reason?
    I'm thinking Kara now holds some sort of executive position at CatCo. Chief editor or something. Look what a nice big work area she has. Next to the windows on a raised floor with several cabinets.
    And Nia referred to Kara as her boss. Plus J'onn complimenting Kara on how professional the news room now looks. So that alone might want to keep Kara in National City.

I guess the subject hasn't come up yet. It's not something Alex would know to mention and maybe Kara talked to Eliza and told her what happened so Eliza doesn't being it up either.

Seems that way. The last we saw of Jeremiah Danvers was when he fought Cyborg Superman in the season two "Exodus" episode. And has been barely mentioned since.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Seems that way. The last we saw of Jeremiah Danvers was when he fought Cyborg Superman in the season two "Exodus" episode. And has been barely mentioned since.
    Maybe Kara and Alex have daddy issues that we don't know about.

As to Kara's job, if she has a big job at Catco she wouldn't be running around reporting. And Nia's an intern, as I recall (though I could be wrong about that). Everyone's her boss.

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Maybe Kara and Alex have daddy issues that we don't know about.

As to Kara's job, if she has a big job at Catco she wouldn't be running around reporting. And Nia's an intern, as I recall (though I could be wrong about that). Everyone's her boss.
    Just seems interesting that Kara now has such a nice work space as compared to the rest of the staff at CatCo. Much nicer than anything Lois Lane or Clark Kent ever had. Clark did have his own small office in Adventures of Superman
    But in most depictions since then Lois and Clark just have a desk in the bullpen. Not sure what became of the office Cat gave Kara, but back when Snapper Carr was editor at first she didn't even have a chair, though later on she did
    seem to have her own desk again out in the bullpen. Kara is best friends with both the boss and the owner but that alone shouldn't give Kara that much preferential treatment.

Not sure what daddy issues would have come up all of a sudden to make Alex forget all about her father. A fair part of season 1 and season 2 was a desperate search for what became of Jeremiah Danvers.

Just seems interesting that Kara now has such a nice work space as compared to the rest of the staff at CatCo. Much nicer than anything Lois Lane or Clark Kent ever had. Clark did have his own small office in Adventures of Superman
    But in most depictions since then Lois and Clark just have a desk in the bullpen. Not sure what became of the office Cat gave Kara, but back when Snapper Carr was editor at first she didn't even have a chair, though later on she did
    seem to have her own desk again out in the bullpen. Kara is best friends with both the boss and the owner but that alone shouldn't give Kara that much preferential treatment.

Not sure what daddy issues would have come up all of a sudden to make Alex forget all about her father. A fair part of season 1 and season 2 was a desperate search for what became of Jeremiah Danvers.
    I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think Dean Cain's politics may have soured him with the producers. I seem to remember him saying some pro-Trump thing a year or so ago, and thinking that may be the reason why they never brought him back.

On the other hand, as much of a threat that Cadmus was in season 2, it all but vanished after that season. Henshaw never showed up again, and it felt like they only brought Lillian back last season to close the book on her character. I mean, for someone who spent over two years getting away, she showed up and was caught in one episode.

Hell, for all we know, this could be a result of the fallout around Kriesberg.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think Dean Cain's politics may have soured him with the producers. I seem to remember him saying some pro-Trump thing a year or so ago, and thinking that may be the reason why they never brought him back.

On the other hand, as much of a threat that Cadmus was in season 2, it all but vanished after that season. Henshaw never showed up again, and it felt like they only brought Lillian back last season to close the book on her character. I mean, for someone who spent over two years getting away, she showed up and was caught in one episode.

Hell, for all we know, this could be a result of the fallout around Kriesberg.
    True, and now they have lex, so they really don’t need Lillian.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    True, and now they have lex, so they really don’t need Lillian.
    Lena visited Lillian in prison to get info on Bruno Mannheim in an episode this season so I don't think we have seen the last of Lillian. I have a feeling Lillian and Lex will get together at some point and it will be bad news for Lena.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Mark your calendars, Lex makes his debut on the March 17th episode.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/03/01/...r-where-art-t/

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Mark your calendars, Lex makes his debut on the March 17th episode.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/03/01/...r-where-art-t/
    From the synopsis it seems to hint that Lex might not be around for very long.

From the synopsis it seems to hint that Lex might not be around for very long.
    I wonder if that was the trade off to using him in the first place- 'you can use Lex, but you can't keep him around for long.'

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wonder if that was the trade off to using him in the first place- 'you can use Lex, but you can't keep him around for long.'
    I don't see Lex Luthor lasting past this season whether he lives or dies. At most he becomes like Superman. You can use his sparingly as long as there are no plans to use him in other media.
    Superman showed up second season because there was no movie coming out that year with Superman in it. Then because of Justice League no Superman the third season. Now that the
    DCEU has abandoned Superman they were free to use Superman in the crossover. There is supposed to be a TV series with Lex Luthor and Lois Lane pre-Superman so that will probably
    take Lex away from Supergirl again.

Mighty Member

Brainy's taking the loss of his Legion ring really bad.

What the hell happened to the board?

Why the hell did Alex stay at the DEO if she is unwilling to do anything? She talks about jeopardizing her position, but by not doing anything she's simply aiding and abetting things in getting worse.

I like the fact that their were 4 Elite, and that they kept one secret.

Good thing Superman has a spare Legion ring in the Fortress.

Is Alex maybe starting to remember? Even if not, it was smart of her to bring the suit.

Even if she isn't remembering, it's nice to know that she does still have her core values.

Haley continues to confound me. With the singular exception in the episode where she initially discovers Supergirl's identity and threatens her, she's shown herself to be political, but still have a set of core values that brings her closer to Alex than to the original Hank Henshaw. I really wonder where they are going with her character.

Except- wasn't it explicitly stated in season 1 that she couldn't fly in space because there was no gravity for her to manipulate, and therefor no way for her to generate thrust.

The President- I can't tell if he's crazy, or possibly be controlled by an outside source.

I like Crazy Murderous Ben.

While I still like this show, I'm starting to feel like a lot of you here on the board. I don't want a show that mirror's the **** that's going on in the world. I want to be entertained. If you want to throw in some poltics, fine. Just don't drown me in them.