Page 323 of 332 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 4971
  1. #4831
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,111

    Default

    Guess it was inevitable, with Dean Cain being a Persona Non Grata on the verse now.

    Also, very twisted villain, this must've really hit home for poor Nia.

  2. #4832
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I agree except I considered Dreamer's story to be the main plot with Alex's as the B story and it did flow really well together.

    If they only finished episode 20 out of a 22 season order I wonder if they will end on some kind of quickly made cliffhanger? Maybe opening season 6 with the planned ending for season 5.
    I think it was how the two stories were split. It started off as a Dreamer story with a dash of Kara and William, but then the Alex and J'onn investigation took over with very brief scenes with Nia. Then that story mostly wrapped, and it went back to a full Dreamer story, with a dash of Alex and J'onn at the end, leading to the big reveal about Jeremiah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Jeremiah Danvers is dead? Well that's what happens when your two daughters (and, I assume your wife -- they did tell her he was alive, right?) forget about you for at least a season!
    No, that's what happens when you openly support Trump.

  3. #4833
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Jeremiah Danvers is dead? Well that's what happens when your two daughters (and, I assume your wife -- they did tell her he was alive, right?) forget about you for at least a season!
    Crisis would've been the perfect time to switch actors for Jeremiah, if the Supergirl crew wasn't so hesitant to replace actors who either are no longer available or actors who don't agree with the politics of the show.

    I guess they couldn't figure out how to continue on with the Jeremiah plotline.

  4. #4834
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Crisis would've been the perfect time to switch actors for Jeremiah, if the Supergirl crew wasn't so hesitant to replace actors who either are no longer available or actors who don't agree with the politics of the show.

    I guess they couldn't figure out how to continue on with the Jeremiah plotline.
    Could had brought in one of the Superboy actors to play him.

  5. #4835
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,682

    Default

    I did not know Nia or Nicole was Trans. Guess I don't pay attention. But this was a good episode of taking the issue on.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  6. #4836
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I did not know Nia or Nicole was Trans. Guess I don't pay attention. But this was a good episode of taking the issue on.
    Really? It was a big deal when they brought her on the show. The first Trans superhero on TV, played by a Trans actress.


    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Crisis would've been the perfect time to switch actors for Jeremiah, if the Supergirl crew wasn't so hesitant to replace actors who either are no longer available or actors who don't agree with the politics of the show.

    I guess they couldn't figure out how to continue on with the Jeremiah plotline.
    I REALLY don't get why they never recast. I mean, sure, there are some roles that you really just can't recast (Cat Grant). But it should be no problem for smaller, reoccurring roles. Hell, they recast Alura, and even picked a legacy actor to fill the roll!

  7. #4837
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Could had brought in one of the Superboy actors to play him.
    What's Gerald Christopher up to? I loved his Superboy show.


  8. #4838
    Mighty Member LordMikel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    As my daughter and I watched this episode, my biggest complaint, why does Kara lie about where she is going when she doesn't need to? It seems like every super hero show does this.

    Kara is talking to Williams and gets a text from Nia.
    "Oh I need to leave."
    Williams, "You have an emergency?"
    Kara, "Yes, thanks for helping"

    Telling the truth.
    Kara: "Nia put herself onto the app as bait to try and catch the killer, I need to go talk her out of that."
    Williams: Yes, go ahead, I'll cover for you here."

    It takes zero effort to tell the truth. Writers need to stop writing super heroes as compulsive liars.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

    Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

  9. #4839
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Really? It was a big deal when they brought her on the show. The first Trans superhero on TV, played by a Trans actress.
    Yeah, I feel kinda dumb for missing it. Don't know why it skipped past me.

    As for Cain. The show likes to kill Right Wing Assholes, like Kevin Sorbo.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-19-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  10. #4840
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, I feel kinda dumb for missing it. Don't know why it skipped past me.

    As for Cain. The show likes to kill Right Wing Assholes, like Kevin Sorbo.
    At least he got a good death. Cain hasn't even been mentioned since Season 2.

  11. #4841
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I REALLY don't get why they never recast. I mean, sure, there are some roles that you really just can't recast (Cat Grant). But it should be no problem for smaller, reoccurring roles. Hell, they recast Alura, and even picked a legacy actor to fill the roll!
    I can only guess that they hope to get the actors back for guest appearances?

    Well only the actors who's opinions agree with their own or aren't extremely political to one side or the other.

  12. #4842
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    This was actually one of my least favourite episodes of the season. Nicole Maines is great and it was nice to get a Dreamer episode after her being MIA for so much of the season so far but I really thought they let the good intentions of her story here get in the way of actually being even remotely interesting. I generally quite like when Supergirl deals with real-world issues, even when done so in less than subtle ways, but even by this show's standards, this felt very after school special, very blunt, and, again, just as a piece of storytelling, it just kind of sat there. Can't say I loved the villain of the piece either.

    Sadly, the Alex story didn't do a whole lot better either. Kelly continues to be a real problem - especially when you compare her to Alex's last love interest.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  13. #4843

    Default

    What is the problem with Dean Cain's political beliefs. It says in Wikipedia that he is a Trump supporter, but is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, but believes in equal opportunity, not outcome, which, I guess means that he is anti-affirmative action. I suspect there is something more that I don't know, because I don't think that should be enough to preclude him from working on this (or any) show!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  14. #4844
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    What is the problem with Dean Cain's political beliefs. It says in Wikipedia that he is a Trump supporter, but is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, but believes in equal opportunity, not outcome, which, I guess means that he is anti-affirmative action. I suspect there is something more that I don't know, because I don't think that should be enough to preclude him from working on this (or any) show!

    There you go, question answered.

  15. #4845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    There you go, question answered.
    OK, I think Trump's a raving lunatic, but I wouldn't stop someone from working just because he was a Republican or a Trump supporter. I don't even think it's right to do that. Would it be right to fire a person just because he supported Barack Obama? Of course not! It may be legal (it IS legal), but it seems unfair to me.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •