Page 264 of 374 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 5596
    Retired

By the way, the next season of LOST IN SPACE is filming in Iceland not Vancouver, so it won't look as familiar to me--although I was in Iceland back in June of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Of course, the whole show could be set on Argo. No one would have super-powers there, so they would save money on special effects. You would think it would cost money to make Argo look like an alien world, but they really didn't do that on SUPERGIRL. It looked like, if I took the bus over to West Vancouver, I could find the same "alien" landscape. I thought the same thing about LOST IN SPACE (Netflix) where most episodes looked just like home to me.
    Do people really want a show with a powerless Superman? Isn't a lot of the appeal of Superman that he flies around, can lift heavy objects, and can melt stuff just by looking at it. Would there even be a reason for Superman to wear
    a costume with a cape? I know one of the points of Smallville was that Clark couldn't fly and didn't have a cape. (Even though every other Kryptonian on the show could fly the minute they got to Earth). But Clark still was super strong,
    super fast, and had heat and X-ray vision. On thing that people liked about Supergirl is they didn't wait around. Supergirl could fly, had heat and X-ray vision, was strong, and even was in a costume in the very first episode.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Do people really want a show with a powerless Superman? Isn't a lot of the appeal of Superman that he flies around, can lift heavy objects, and can melt stuff just by looking at it. Would there even be a reason for Superman to wear
    a costume with a cape? I know one of the points of Smallville was that Clark couldn't fly and didn't have a cape. (Even though every other Kryptonian on the show could fly the minute they got to Earth). But Clark still was super strong,
    super fast, and had heat and X-ray vision. On thing that people liked about Supergirl is they didn't wait around. Supergirl could fly, had heat and X-ray vision, was strong, and even was in a costume in the very first episode.
    Yeah, a powerless Supes wouldn't cut it. I know some people point to his humanity or heart as his biggest selling point, but they're a small minority of people. The super stuff is why we still talk about him 80 years later.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Dreamer aka Nia Nal gets a costume.

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-dreamer-costume/

Well, it's definitely a lot more...practical then Dream Girl's traditional look .

Is it sad that I care more about the secondary characters on this show,than the main ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's definitely a lot more...practical then Dream Girl's traditional look .
    Well Nia Nal is some sort of distant ancestor of Nura Nal, so they wouldn't necessarily have the same costume. Brainy even let it slip when he accidentally referred to Nia as Nura. That Nura aka Dream Girl lives in the future.

Looks better than Alex's costume.

I'm wishing that J'onn would take Haley's place. She's sounding more and more like a kinder Hank Henshaw.

I get why Alex needs to stay, but I really wish she would have just quit. Or at least, let the alien kill Haley (and that turncoat). Oh, looks like the turncoat died at least...

Love the Brainy/Dreamer stuff. I'm really loving Brainy in general.

The satisfaction I felt at seeing Alex belt Haley was lessened by the ending of the episode. Exactly how long is this mind wipe of Alex going to really last? And what kind of impact is if going to have on her?

Loved seeing the Red Daughter stuff. I wonder who the friend is that the Russians think can help control her. Maybe Lex?

I like that J'onn J'onzz is actually becoming Martian Manhunter, a PI. While I think J'onn wouldn't have let Haley get away with the stuff Alex did, I think this may make
    J'onn a more interesting character going forward. A lot of times he wasn't really given all that much to do at the DEO as the seasons went on. And his Martian form
    seemed almost an after thought a lot of time.

Didn't like him wiping Colonel's Haley's mind. And it probably will be in vain. Yes, she is sort of a villain. But it is in a way an assault on her person.

But it was nice to see them acknowledge the DEO agents do indeed know Kara is Supergirl. That seemed to be a big complaint by a lot of people after episode 8.

If people don't like the political stuff, this episode should make them happy. It was right out of Adventures of Superman or Lois & Clark in terms of a straight up
    mystery/superhero show with no discernible politics.

I like they are starting to being back alien looking aliens. There seemed to be a lack of them in season 3, after we had such great characters as Brian, Jo, Lyra, and Giggles in season 2.

Yay for some more Red Daughter, even if it was rather short.

I still don't like the idea of the "secret identity" protecting the hero's friends. Was Lois Lane in danger any less often when she didn't know that Clark was Superman? No, she was not! When you portray yourself as being best friends with your secret identity, then you're not really protecting anyone. At least Bruce Wayne will often say that he doesn't particularly like Batman when asked about Batman in public.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I still don't like the idea of the "secret identity" protecting the hero's friends. Was Lois Lane in danger any less often when she didn't know that Clark was Superman? No, she was not! When you portray yourself as being best friends with your secret identity, then you're not really protecting anyone. At least Bruce Wayne will often say that he doesn't particularly like Batman when asked about Batman in public.
    I agree a superhero shouldn't have public friends, though I 100% believe in having a secret identity.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Man, that ending was so heartwrenching and unexpected

Fuck you Haley!

Btw, does anybody else also think that she is basically this Earth's version of Amanda Waller?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Fuck you Haley!

Btw, does anybody else also think that she is basically this Earth's version of Amanda Waller?
    I was thinking that my self last night.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post

Lois doesn't really count, because as an investigative journalist, she was always putting herself in danger even before Superman. After Superman, she just wasn't as worried about it because- well, Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Fuck you Haley!

Someone on Facebook called her Discount Amanda Waller, and that's about right. Though I have to admit, every strong black female antagonist they have introduced (Haley, Watson on Arrow) worked more as an Amanda Waller than the actress they actually cast as Amanda Waller on Arrow.