Page 286 of 287 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287 LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4302

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Even though that suit was ripping off Infinity War and Endgame HARD, I do like the fact that she now has a kryptonite defense built into her suit. Though I've always wondered why she didn't use the anti-kryptonite shields that Astra and Non used way back in Season one.
    In season 2 in the episode with Superman and Metallo supposedly Winn did salvage parts of them to make those shield that were the same shape and size as the \S/. Ultimately both Metallos ended up
    destroying them and no one ever bother to repair them after that. It does seem to feel like no matter how effective the anti-kryptonite measures taken are initially, they ultimately fail and Kara is no
    better off than she started out as.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    In season 2 in the episode with Superman and Metallo supposedly Winn did salvage parts of them to make those shield that were the same shape and size as the \S/. Ultimately both Metallos ended up
    destroying them and no one ever bother to repair them after that. It does seem to feel like no matter how effective the anti-kryptonite measures taken are initially, they ultimately fail and Kara is no
    better off than she started out as.
    I think she actually used that same shield this season, or maybe I'm mis-remembering. And yeah- Winn took a small device that seemed to attach near the shoulder, was the size of a large badge, and were extremely durable, and turned it into a flimsy fashion statement.

Side note- aside from Kara's costume, which had roots in the comics, has Winn EVER designed something that looked good? I suppose Guardian was good, but Alex's suit is lame as hell. I'd rather have Cisco design my suit than Winn.

I think she actually used that same shield this season, or maybe I'm mis-remembering. And yeah- Winn took a small device that seemed to attach near the shoulder, was the size of a large badge, and were extremely durable, and turned it into a flimsy fashion statement.

Side note- aside from Kara's costume, which had roots in the comics, has Winn EVER designed something that looked good? I suppose Guardian was good, but Alex's suit is lame as hell. I'd rather have Cisco design my suit than Winn.
    Did she? Early on in the season Lena designed the Power Rangers suit for Kara after Mercy laced the atmosphere with kryptonite and it seemed like Kara used that afterwards in a couple more episodes. One time just to go into space
    because in this version Krytonians can't breath in space.

I binge watched this season this past week, and I have to say what a great season that was. The slow build of human/alien tensions early on was very effective in creating a sense of social deterioration that continued to grow as the season progressed, and they did a great job with Lockwood's backstory and how that led to him becoming Agent Liberty.

Martian Manhunter's arc was very satisfying. I particularly liked the episode where he connected with his father to figure out who he was. Can't wait to see him come up against Ma'alefa'ak next season. If J'Onn thought Manchester Black (who was awesome BTW) gave him a run for his money, I can't wait to see him come up against his own brother.

This show surely has to be the most progressive on TV in terms of representation, and certainly the most allegorical in regards to real world events and issues. Immigration, gender issues, nationalism, racism, social manipulation and fake news... they covered pretty much everything. There were a few times when I wouldn't have been surprised if Keenen Ivory Wayans had popped up and shouted "MESSAGE!", but overall I think it was all handled very well, and had some beautiful character moments.

I think for the most part the cast knocked it out of the park. Melissa Benoist did a fantastic job playing both Kara and Red Daughter. Katie McGrath was brilliant throughout the season too. Lena is such a great character and I hope they don't go the lazy route and turn her into the new Lex. She has every right to be pissed about being lied to, but I'm hoping they resolve that without turning it into the female version of Smallville, because I really enjoy the Lena/Kara relationship. I thought Nicole Maines was great as Nia, and I loved the episode where Kara gets to be an actual journalist and interview her. Not to mention Kara's investigative journalism being the thing that brought Lex down at the end.

Have to mention Jessie Rath too. Such a fun take on Brainiac 5, and then absolutely chilling when he became emotionless. I was actually thinking they were setting him up to be the big bad for next season, and as cool as that may have been, I'm glad he "rebooted" himself and told Dreamer how he feels.

I feel like there's loads more to say as it's all still swimming around my head after binging it all in such a short space of time.

I must admit I was slightly disappointed when the old woman who sat down next to Eve turned out not to be Granny Goodness. For a minute I thought we may have been getting some version of Apokalips/New Gods next season.

Overall I think Supergirl was probably the best of the Arrowverse shows this past season. Legends was probably second best, but the lack of costumes and powers bugged me (did Ray even wear the Atom suit once this season?), and I still miss Firestorm. Flash had the weakest villain and too many ridiculous moments where characters did something stupid or out of character. Arrow was good overall but I thought they dragged Diaz out a bit.

Definitely buzzed for Crisis though. Roll on next season, and sorry for the mega-post.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    I binge watched this season this past week, and I have to say what a great season that was. The slow build of human/alien tensions early on was very effective in creating a sense of social deterioration that continued to grow as the season progressed, and they did a great job with Lockwood's backstory and how that led to him becoming Agent Liberty.

Martian Manhunter's arc was very satisfying. I particularly liked the episode where he connected with his father to figure out who he was. Can't wait to see him come up against Ma'alefa'ak next season. If J'Onn thought Manchester Black (who was awesome BTW) gave him a run for his money, I can't wait to see him come up against his own brother.

This show surely has to be the most progressive on TV in terms of representation, and certainly the most allegorical in regards to real world events and issues. Immigration, gender issues, nationalism, racism, social manipulation and fake news... they covered pretty much everything. There were a few times when I wouldn't have been surprised if Keenen Ivory Wayans had popped up and shouted "MESSAGE!", but overall I think it was all handled very well, and had some beautiful character moments.

I think for the most part the cast knocked it out of the park. Melissa Benoist did a fantastic job playing both Kara and Red Daughter. Katie McGrath was brilliant throughout the season too. Lena is such a great character and I hope they don't go the lazy route and turn her into the new Lex. She has every right to be pissed about being lied to, but I'm hoping they resolve that without turning it into the female version of Smallville, because I really enjoy the Lena/Kara relationship. I thought Nicole Maines was great as Nia, and I loved the episode where Kara gets to be an actual journalist and interview her. Not to mention Kara's investigative journalism being the thing that brought Lex down at the end.

Have to mention Jessie Rath too. Such a fun take on Brainiac 5, and then absolutely chilling when he became emotionless. I was actually thinking they were setting him up to be the big bad for next season, and as cool as that may have been, I'm glad he "rebooted" himself and told Dreamer how he feels.

I feel like there's loads more to say as it's all still swimming around my head after binging it all in such a short space of time.

I must admit I was slightly disappointed when the old woman who sat down next to Eve turned out not to be Granny Goodness. For a minute I thought we may have been getting some version of Apokalips/New Gods next season.

Overall I think Supergirl was probably the best of the Arrowverse shows this past season. Legends was probably second best, but the lack of costumes and powers bugged me (did Ray even wear the Atom suit once this season?), and I still miss Firestorm. Flash had the weakest villain and too many ridiculous moments where characters did something stupid or out of character. Arrow was good overall but I thought they dragged Diaz out a bit.

Definitely buzzed for Crisis though. Roll on next season, and sorry for the mega-post.
    I agree with pretty much everything here. Great season and a huge improvement over the past two. And yeah, Granny Goodness would have been cool but no way does this show have the budget to do the New Gods justice. Doing even a small-scale Crisis should tap out much of their budget alone.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    And yeah, Granny Goodness would have been cool but no way does this show have the budget to do the New Gods justice. Doing even a small-scale Crisis should tap out much of their budget alone.
    That's probably a fair point. Would be awesome if they used Apokolips and Darkseid as the big bad for next year's crossover event though.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

d3el6ulx4ja31.jpg

New suit. Say goodbye to the skirt; something I'm betting Melissa's wanted to do ever since they moved to Vancouver.

d3el6ulx4ja31.jpg

New suit. Say goodbye to the skirt; something I'm betting Melissa's wanted to do ever since they moved to Vancouver.
    Yeah, probably, but for some reason, I donít like it. I donít know if itís the pixie cut, or the outfit, but itís just ĎĎmehí to Me.

Fantastic Member

If they made the forearms red it would look better IMO. Needs more red in areas to break up all the blue.

d3el6ulx4ja31.jpg

I think Melissa's gone on record as saying she liked the skirt but it was probably very impractical for filming in the super-cold Vancouver weather.

Just like Danielle Panabaker probably loved her season 3 Killer Frost costume, which she helped design, but it wasn't practical to be walking around a Vancouver set in thigh-high boots and a miniskirt.

I'll always prefer the classic look but this is pretty solid. Seems more Superwoman then Supergirl, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yeah, probably, but for some reason, I don’t like it. I don’t know if it’s the pixie cut, or the outfit, but it’s just ‘‘meh’ to Me.
    What pixie cut? She just has bangs now. Which, honestly, makes her look...kind of older?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    If they made the forearms red it would look better IMO. Needs more red in areas to break up all the blue.
    I definitely agree it needs more red.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It's not a bad suit in and of itself but the original was pretty much perfect. Easily the best Arrowverse costume and the closest to the comics.

But, hey, I get why they're doing it and as long as they keep up the quality of season four, I can't complain too much.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if they will discuss how she cuts her hair. Remember Kal shaving with heat vision?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I wonder if they will discuss how she cuts her hair. Remember Kal shaving with heat vision?
    Red Sun desk lamp x)

That's not a great photo. Like most of these things, I will wait to see how it looks on the show and in motion, etc.

I guess there's no way she'll have a poofy shirt and a red sweatband unless they start shooting in Arizona or something...

I'm wondering if Red Daughter merging back into Kara is going to affect her personality. It would be the perfect reason for the costume change; it would also explain the haircut (Red Daughter loved to wear wigs with bangs).

I also agree the costume could uses more red- maybe the shoulders. I do see the cape is now attaching to the front of the costume like Superman's, instead of being tucked into the collar.