Page 359 of 374 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I pointed out elsewhere that brainy and j’onn don’t even seem to be hiding their civilian identities. Is the budget that bad this season?
    I've been wondering if there's a shortage of green make-up or something.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I figured because if the CW were going to make Supergirl openly bi they'd wear it on its sleeve every god damn second they could, like how they've done with Batwoman. Guess then there's gonna be a lot of angry fans come finale time
    SuperCorp shippers have been that way for a while now. Although it'll probably be controversial if she gets back together with Mon-El too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I've been wondering if there's a shortage of green make-up or something.
    I thought it was weird we just had Brainy green for most of the episode. I thought it was more for the actors' sake...and probably budget (for J'onn).

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    The whole William embedded reporter bit made no sense at all. Why on earth would a group of
    superheroes want a reporter following them around? The whole we need the people on our side
    rang hollow. In the modern world if a reporter followed around superheroes the reaction would not be cool, yay
    superheroes, it would be what are we not being told? Plus, don't you think that other news outlets
    would be clamoring for equal coverage? Andrea continues to prove she is no Perry White. Her constant
    criticism was so ridiculous, so over the top that it was like whatever dude. William's mini-rebellion
    was merited, but hard to believe. You are telling me that someone who is all over him, will just back down
    when William lays down the law. Yes, you get everything you want, but I'm moving your desk to just
    outside of the bathroom rang a little silly.

The actress who plays Esme is very cute. But I just wonder where they are going with the Kelly-Alex
    relationship here. They don't get much airtime anyway. Now as they are entering the last few episodes,
    they are suddenly parents. It feels like instead of airtime about the relationship between Kelly and Alex,
    it will now be focused on parenting. Do the people who are writing this have some plan? Because what
    comes across to this viewer is simply throwing a new idea every week about them on the screen. Hoping
    something sticks. I don't like to write that. I find Alex and Kelly appealing characters, but it feels like
    the actress are horribly short changed. Let's be honest here this has been the relationship that feels so
    undeveloped, yet takes the strangest leaps.
    William as an embedded reporter screams that the writers are desperate to try and justify his character's presence on the show. He's not a love interest for Kara anymore (thank god), so he can't be her Lois Lane. And really, Kara could take a play out of Clark's book and just write the stories on the team herself. Make Kara the embedded reporter; that has the added benefit of explaining away her absences.

As for Esme and the Super Parents- I feel like the writers are still trying to justify their reason for breaking up Alex and Maggie. They mentioned it all the way back in Season 3 that Alex wanted to be a mom, Maggie didn't, and so they split. The problem is, aside from maybe one or two mentions of it since then, the writers never really did anything with that plot point. But now the show is ending, and they feel they have to make Alex a mother, and so they cram it into a final season where there really isn't enough time to do it justice.

I pointed out elsewhere that brainy and j’onn don’t even seem to be hiding their civilian identities. Is the budget that bad this season?
    Well, they did just have to create a bunch of brand new sets for their base. Bet they wish they hadn't destroyed the DEO now.

I haven't quite followed along this season but saw a bunch of stuff on twitter saying they were leaning towards Kara and Lena being a couple and watched a few and....I didn't see any possible thing pointing towards a Legend of Korra style last second swerve or even hinting towards them being a couple or even either of them not being straight. Is this another big fandom thing like Dean and Castiel where the fans are adamantly on one side and the writers have absolutely zero plans on doing it whatsoever? Because on other Arrowverse shows where the writers cave into the fans (coughFelicitycough) they usually telegraph it pretty clearly.
    I figured because if the CW were going to make Supergirl openly bi they'd wear it on its sleeve every god damn second they could, like how they've done with Batwoman. Guess then there's gonna be a lot of angry fans come finale time
    As someone who only casually follows Twitter, even I think the fans are going majorly overboard with the Kara/Lena ship. They are overanalyzing ever look and gesture, and declaring them married. I'd have no problem with them going that route- Katie and Melissa have always had great chemistry together (really, Melissa has great chemistry with everyone), Lena is an original character, and Kara really doesn't have a great love in the comics (I think she was involved with Brainy for a time?), so pairing them wouldn't upset me. But you're right- if they were going to make Kara bi, they would have done it already, and they would be out and proud with it.

At this point, I'm just getting the popcorn ready for the reaction to the finale, when they DON'T become a couple. And I'm still convinced that Crisis will have undone Mon-El and Imra's marriage, and that Kara will end up leaving with Mon-El to go back to the future to live happily ever after- thus giving an ironclad reason why Supergirl is never in a crossover going forward.

I appreciate William if only because he's the only normal person left in the cast at this point.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

William will get super powers 5 episodes from now and become a key player in bringing down Nyxly in the finale.

You can't stay Rick Jones, eventually you get dead or get powers, or both in the case of Rick of course.

That would leave Andrea as the sole non-powered character with screen time left on the show.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I know that the whole Lena-Kara relationship has consumed many people online.
    I am not invested either way, but to be honest, they don't exactly have this great
    relationship vibe. Kara always seems to just be humoring Lena, not that interested in her.
    The writers of this show are inclined to make incredible leaps so I suppose it could happen.
    I mean they put Kelly and Alex together, who never really make you believe they are a couple.
    As a married person here is one clue: nothing is ever perfectly lovey dovey, there are
    lots of fights over ridiculous petty things.

On the Brainy-Kara bit. In the comics Brainy always had a horrible crush on Kara, but it
    was never really reciprocated. Let us not go down the rabbit hole of the bizarre relationships that the
    comics gave Kara. Believe me it was bizarre. Brainy on the show seems to have moved on, which
    is best for all concerned.

I would like for Kara to get some kind of a happy ending on the finale. But whether that is
    heading off to the future, or migrating to Argo City it is hard to say. Sure, why not fly off into the future.
    At least you are not having to work for Andrea.

On the Brainy-Kara bit. In the comics Brainy always had a horrible crush on Kara, but it
    was never really reciprocated. Let us not go down the rabbit hole of the bizarre relationships that the
    comics gave Kara. Believe me it was bizarre. Brainy on the show seems to have moved on, which
    is best for all concerned.

I would like for Kara to get some kind of a happy ending on the finale. But whether that is
    heading off to the future, or migrating to Argo City it is hard to say. Sure, why not fly off into the future.
    At least you are not having to work for Andrea.
    On Brainy/Kara- I admit, what I'm remembering was from Justice League Unlimited, and it was in one episode, I think.

On Kara working at Catco- a recent plot summary for an upcoming episode seems to imply that maybe she won't be working there anymore. It was something like "Kara gets a dream interview, but is forced to miss it to fight Nyxly, leading her to wonder if it's worth it to be Kara Danvers any longer."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    William will get super powers 5 episodes from now and become a key player in bringing down Nyxly in the finale.

You can't stay Rick Jones, eventually you get dead or get powers, or both in the case of Rick of course.

That would leave Andrea as the sole non-powered character with screen time left on the show.
    Uh- she has powers. She has that medallion that lets her move through shadows.

Hey, is Eve still around? She can be the only powerless one!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    On Kara working at Catco- a recent plot summary for an upcoming episode seems to imply that maybe she won't be working there anymore. It was something like "Kara gets a dream interview, but is forced to miss it to fight Nyxly, leading her to wonder if it's worth it to be Kara Danvers any longer."
    That sounds like a downer.
    Hey, is Eve still around? She can be the only powerless one!
    The longer she stays around the longer she runs the risk of admitting to killing Alex's dad.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

That's the problem with so many superheroes marooned on a program ostensibly about a single one. Better off creating anthology programs instead where the focus could be on a particular hero and do him/her the proper justice they deserve than what we see currently.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So first it's a Christian totem and now a Buddhist one? Is there a deeper symbolism here or are they just picking random items?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Jesus f*cking Christ, why did they even bother to make Andrea sympathetic last Season, when they are turning her into this Grade-A Bitch this Season?
    To create drama, I would assume. I don't even hate Andrea, I just think she's massively incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Superheroes have a really...interesting relationship with the press. Like Kara and Nia are reporters but the team are really strict and limiting to William. Like, is there any issue with revealing Nyxly and her crusade to the totems to the public? How much is too much information for the public? This reminds me of Lois dealing with how much she could reveal about the Kryptonians in Smallville in Superman and Lois.
    For a second, I thought Andrea was so amused at William's article because she thought either it was too unbelievable to print or he was making it all up.

As for Esme and the Super Parents- I feel like the writers are still trying to justify their reason for breaking up Alex and Maggie. They mentioned it all the way back in Season 3 that Alex wanted to be a mom, Maggie didn't, and so they split. The problem is, aside from maybe one or two mentions of it since then, the writers never really did anything with that plot point. But now the show is ending, and they feel they have to make Alex a mother, and so they cram it into a final season where there really isn't enough time to do it justice.
    It kind of looked like they were going to have Alex adopt Reign/Samantha's daughter. I guess they decided to put this plot on the backburner so Alex could be married and a mother at the very end of the series for her send off.

At this point, I'm just getting the popcorn ready for the reaction to the finale, when they DON'T become a couple. And I'm still convinced that Crisis will have undone Mon-El and Imra's marriage, and that Kara will end up leaving with Mon-El to go back to the future to live happily ever after- thus giving an ironclad reason why Supergirl is never in a crossover going forward.
    Oh crap, you're right, Crisis could've easily given us a clean slate with Mon-El and they can use him in the finale however they see fit without any previous baggage.

Incredible Member

Look, we don't know what the finale will look like.
    We can imagine all kinds of happy endings.
    But there are probably going to be a few ridiculous deaths
    as they try to save humanity with some unknown crisis.

Of course, I could be wrong, everything could just be a
    continuing series of magic shows. The return of Mon-El as Kara goes
    off with him to fly off into the sunset would be interesting at least.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It kind of looked like they were going to have Alex adopt Reign/Samantha's daughter. I guess they decided to put this plot on the backburner so Alex could be married and a mother at the very end of the series for her send off.
    I actually thought for a time that they'd put Alex and Sam together, and then Alex would become Ruby's second mom.

And ironically, Alex is the one character that isn't really getting a send-off, as she'll be in the Flash crossover in a month or two.

Look, we don't know what the finale will look like.
    We can imagine all kinds of happy endings.
    But there are probably going to be a few ridiculous deaths
    as they try to save humanity with some unknown crisis.

Of course, I could be wrong, everything could just be a
    continuing series of magic shows. The return of Mon-El as Kara goes
    off with him to fly off into the sunset would be interesting at least.
    Well, there were leaked pics of the cast in funeral clothes. But it looked like everyone was there, so I'm not sure who dies.

Maybe they bring back Jeremiah and kill him again, just as an F-U to Dean Cain.

Well, there were leaked pics of the cast in funeral clothes. But it looked like everyone was there, so I'm not sure who dies.

Maybe they bring back Jeremiah and kill him again, just as an F-U to Dean Cain.
    spoilers:
    I think it was speculated to be William?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I think it was speculated to be William?
    end of spoilers
    95ceda534964dfc2d1ed69b36b9a759a.jpg

10char....

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That's the problem with so many superheroes marooned on a program ostensibly about a single one. Better off creating anthology programs instead where the focus could be on a particular hero and do him/her the proper justice they deserve than what we see currently.
    That's the problem with every CW show. There's not one centered on a single hero (except Batwoman, which may not still be the case; I haven't watched it since season 1).

Sandy
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.