Page 330 of 374 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think they'll probably retire the DEO for now and have the heroes operate out of J'onn's place. It'll be good to have them all together again, but they'll realize how hard things are without the resources of the DEO.
    I wonder if they'll do anything with the fact that they don't have any government backing now, so they're basically unlicensed vigilante's.
    I'd much rather see Alex as the new Guardian than Kelly.
    I'd rather just not see a new Guardian...

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Hello, I'm a bit behind, I just finished the crisis and I started watching the first Supergirl after the crossover and I'm a bit confused. They talk about how the multiverse is gone, but at the end of the cross over we saw other earths. So do they just not know about it, if so why isn't the science showing a multiverse, as Brainy said there is none?
    My guess is that the way to determine the multiverse is different, so science has not determined this new way. It could also be there is now a wall between each dimension, so they can't get to that next dimension and don't realize that wall is there.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    My guess is that the way to determine the multiverse is different, so science has not determined this new way. It could also be there is now a wall between each dimension, so they can't get to that next dimension and don't realize that wall is there.
    Hmmm, I guess that could be. It just seems so strange that they would show us the Earths and then act like they're not there. However, I guess the chance of them crossing over with Stargirl and the others seems very unlikely.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Hmmm, I guess that could be. It just seems so strange that they would show us the Earths and then act like they're not there. However, I guess the chance of them crossing over with Stargirl and the others seems very unlikely.
    Guggenheim said something to the effect that Warner Brothers allowed him to play in the sandbox, as long as he put the toys back where he found them.

In other words, he was allowed to destroy the Multiverse in Crisis, and merge all of the Arrowverse shows together into one universe and as far as they know, there is no more Multiverse. But he was required to show at the end that the different Earths where Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Titans, and now Stargirl still exist, with the added benefit of showing they WEREN'T a part of the Arrowverse, and thus show that there will probably never be a crossover between those shows (especially Stargirl) and the Arrowverse.

I knew as soon as the Tower was introduced that the DEO was going away. I didn't expect it to be destroyed, though. I figured there would be at least a season of the DEO being antagonists against the vigilantes.

That being said.... I really don't care for the design of the Tower. I kind of wish they took over the Arrowcave set, because I really enjoyed the Bunker. Though I guess it wouldn't make sense how it suddenly migrated to National City.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That being said.... I really don't care for the design of the Tower. I kind of wish they took over the Arrowcave set, because I really enjoyed the Bunker. Though I guess it wouldn't make sense how it suddenly migrated to National City.
    Compared to the DEO, the Tower looks more like a clubhouse then a Superhero headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Compared to the DEO, the Tower looks more like a clubhouse then a Superhero headquarters.
    That's it exactly! It looks like amateur hour.

Actually, here's a thought- in the comics, Kara had her own Fortress of Sanctuary. Can her mom send her a crystal from Argo and then she can grow her own fortress? And then maybe steal all of the dangerous things in Clark's fortress and hide them in hers, so Lex can't just pop in and take them?

That's it exactly! It looks like amateur hour.

Actually, here's a thought- in the comics, Kara had her own Fortress of Sanctuary. Can her mom send her a crystal from Argo and then she can grow her own fortress? And then maybe steal all of the dangerous things in Clark's fortress and hide them in hers, so Lex can't just pop in and take them?
    I'm curious, between the two shows, who will use the Fortress more (since it's technically Clark's).

BANNED

I'm curious, between the two shows, who will use the Fortress more (since it's technically Clark's).
    Clark is married with children, and the fortress is essentially the world's greatest man cave. Clark will certainly need it more.

Mighty Member

I was waiting for Alex to say "You have failed this city" in her new outfit.

Amazing Member

My random thoughts on the season finale.

Leviathan is still boring and Lex joining them do not make them better villians.

Love M'gann's Deathly Hollows plan.

It is hilarious hearing David Harewood's voice coming out of Melissa's mouth. Nice call back to J'onn hating to take on Kara's appearance.

Love Alex's new suit and how similar it is to her digital Supergirl suit.

Yeah Brainy Lex will always serve his desires above yours. Duh!

Ha! I totally forgot about William.

Poor Brainy...

Why am I getting ominous vibes with Miss Martian?

Looking more closely at Alex's suit I think she would look better with a domino type mask instead of a hood.

Good on Kara for letting all of that anger and frustration out!

Lena, Kara knows you're sorry but sorry it isn't enough.

Awesome animation on the Iron Super Suit.

Yeah! I love when Supergirl does the thunderclap attack.

Please don't let anything happen to M'gann please!

The virtual reality tech...it never looks like they're putting anything over their eyes. It's supposed to be like contact lenses right? But their is nothing in their hands when putting them on...It's all just stupid.

Sending Andrea to kill Supergirl just convinces me that Acrata should have been the Big Bad.

Oh Brainy, Lex always plans ahead.

Kara and Lena reconciled...yeah I would have held out longer than Kara did but I'm petty like that.

Gemma's true form is ugly.

Momma Luthor and Son a deadly duo.

I can't wait to see what happens next when the show eventually returns.

Also a bit odd- apparently, the CW is going to go with a smaller crossover next year- this one between Batwoman and Superman and Lois. I guess it's a way to establish Superman and Lois' place in the new world, but I and I think many other really wanted the crossover between Batwoman and Supergirl.
    Sounds like the Supergirl and Batwoman crossover will still happen at some point, the Superman and Lois crossover with Batwoman will be a different story, and not a replacement:
    CW President Mark Pedowitz announced that there were talks for a Batwoman and Superman & Lois crossover. What made those the right pairing?

I don’t know because I had heard rumors of it, but hearing it from The CW yesterday was the first time I was like, “Oh, okay, I guess this is happening.” So, I’m just as excited as everyone else and I love working with Todd Helbing, so I’m sure we’ll cook up something really special and you know, our finale touches on Kate and Kara and Kate is obviously very intimately knowledgeable about the Super-mythology. It’ll be interesting for them to work together. I’m obsessed with Lois Lane, so I’m really excited about that.
    Source: https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-season-1-finale-bruce-wayne/

I hope the Supergirl crossover has a celebratory meal after the battle is said and done. Could still do that with Superman and Lois too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Sounds like the Supergirl and Batwoman crossover will still happen at some point, the Superman and Lois crossover with Batwoman will be a different story, and not a replacement:
    I think the biggest problem with trying to get a Batwoman/Supergirl crossover next season is scheduling. I think due to Covid and Melissa's pregnancy, they won't start filming until after the new year. Meanwhile, Batwoman will probably start filming in September or October to make the premier of January 2021.

I suspect we'll get a World's Finest crossover next season

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    It is hilarious hearing David Harewood's voice coming out of Melissa's mouth. Nice call back to J'onn hating to take on Kara's appearance.

Love Alex's new suit and how similar it is to her digital Supergirl suit.

Looking more closely at Alex's suit I think she would look better with a domino type mask instead of a hood.

The virtual reality tech...it never looks like they're putting anything over their eyes. It's supposed to be like contact lenses right? But their is nothing in their hands when putting them on...It's all just stupid.

I love how the first thing he thought was that the pants would chafe.

A thought about the decoys- J'onn said that KHAAAAAAAAAN! would be able to sense when Kara used her powers because he was tied into the earth. So why didn't she just fly?

Okay, FINALLY Alex has a good looking suit. And I love that she has a hood, because it kind of pays homage to Arrow. My only complaint- the Martian gadget can form a whole suite and give Alex the David Bowie eyeshadow, but it couldn't form a domino mask? Especially after Kelly mentioned specifically wearing a mask? And after seeing what happened to James when he was outed?

As someone who occasionally wears contacts, I've HATED the Obsidian lenses. It takes me five minutes to put the damn things in, and sometimes ten minutes to take them out. And yeah, you never see them actually holding the lenses on their fingers when they swipe them in or out. It's pretty much a mime routine to save on money. I just wish they'd used glasses instead.

Do the Martians even feel the material they transform into? It seems like it should just feel like skin.

Alex is now...The Blue Arrow. Seriously, that looks a little too much like Ollie for comfort, although he'd probably tell her to "wear a mask" instead of eyeshadow for obvious reasons. Either that or it's a blue discount Catwoman catsuit. It's just weird to see Alex in a costume at this point.

Oh look, it's the rest of Leviathan. I guess we've spent so much time teasing Leviathan's grand plan that we didn't have time to build up or establish the rest of their members. Are they even from the comics?

"You can't fool a sidekick." Does M'Gann consciously think of herself as J'onn's sidekick? Not just his lover or partner, but his sidekick? Or does she count herself among Supergirl's larger group of sidekicks?

I can't help but think M'Gann getting all this character focus and stability in her relationship with J'onn is setting her up to die .

So I guess there's still the mystery of who Leviathan's boss is, other then it's a woman.

Now it's Kara's turn to release all her righteous indignation. To be honest, Lena had it coming. But I'm glad they finally seem to be on the path of repairing their friendship.

Alex and Lena saying the supportive line to Kara at the same time was hilarious .

I guess Dreamer learned that being a woman scorned can sometimes lead to unforeseen consequences.

Considering this Leviathan/Acrata business was centered around an Andrea/Lena split, having Lena be genuine in wanting to save Andrea finally stopping her was a nice way to end things. Although maybe she should've led with Leviathan planning to kill all the Obsidian uses logged in.

You get a hope speech! And you get a hope speech!

So...is the fact that Eve killed Jeremiah ever going to come up or are they just going to sweep it under the rug? I guess it depends on if Eve is still a season regular next season for them to cover the fallout. Even if she was tricked into doing it, she still murdered an innocent man, and Alex and Kara's father.

Lex played everybody and got a clean victory. Poor Brainy didn't stand a chance. So I guess the next season it's going to be Team Supergirl vs. The Luthors vs. Leviathan's leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Is this from a Walmart comic?

Do the Martians even feel the material they transform into? It seems like it should just feel like skin.

Alex is now...The Blue Arrow. Seriously, that looks a little too much like Ollie for comfort, although he'd probably tell her to "wear a mask" instead of eyeshadow for obvious reasons. Either that or it's a blue discount Catwoman catsuit. It's just weird to see Alex in a costume at this point.

Oh look, it's the rest of Leviathan. I guess we've spent so much time teasing Leviathan's grand plan that we didn't have time to build up or establish the rest of their members. Are they even from the comics?

So...is the fact that Eve killed Jeremiah ever going to come up or are they just going to sweep it under the rug? I guess it depends on if Eve is still a season regular next season for them to cover the fallout. Even if she was tricked into doing it, she still murdered an innocent man, and Alex and Kara's father.

Lex played everybody and got a clean victory. Poor Brainy didn't stand a chance. So I guess the next season it's going to be Team Supergirl vs. The Luthors vs. Leviathan's leader.

Is this from a Walmart comic?

It actually makes sense that she's in a costume now. And she's already more effective than she was as Director of the DEO!

Shakka Khan is from the comics; not sure about the rest. I did realize something last night, though- just like in the comics, Leviathan destroyed the DEO. But I sure as heck wish that Mitch Pillegi had been cast as Mark Shaw instead.

I'm betting that it will be revealed that Lex ordered Eve to kill Jeremiah, and then Alex will kill Lex. Bu I could be wrong- let's face it, NO ONE cared about Jeremiah anymore. He hadn't even been mentioned in 3 years!

I do wonder if they had different plans for next season that they've scrapped to keep Lex around. I guess we'll find out.... in a YEAR. Oy.

It actually makes sense that she's in a costume now. And she's already more effective than she was as Director of the DEO!
    I guess if she's going to be a vigilante now, a costume makes sense. She looked a lot better then Jimmy ever did.
    Shakka Khan is from the comics; not sure about the rest. I did realize something last night, though- just like in the comics, Leviathan destroyed the DEO. But I sure as heck wish that Mitch Pillegi had been cast as Mark Shaw instead.
    I think the "Unity Day" was from Bendis' run as well, except with a completely different premise.
    I'm betting that it will be revealed that Lex ordered Eve to kill Jeremiah, and then Alex will kill Lex. Bu I could be wrong- let's face it, NO ONE cared about Jeremiah anymore. He hadn't even been mentioned in 3 years!
    I guess they could, obviously they wanted to just be done with it, but it would feel weird for them to just pretend like Lex didn't orchestrate Jeremiah's death and then had Eve kill him.