Page 282 of 374 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I kinda like Evil Brainy but he should work on his kicks. It must've taken a lot of work to give James superpowers and still make him useless. Yeah the grass thing was pretty stupid. I was a bit surprised at what Lex did to RD.

Lena: "You're not stable."
    James: "Then stabilize me!!!" LOL.
    I guess this is how they put that genie back in the bottle. Humans just can't handle superpowers.

Evil Brainy was awesome. I could even forgive the makeup for once. This actor (Jessie Rath?) pulled off an astounding transformation.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty crappy that they have completely ignored the fact that the previous president was removed from office for being an alien....having perpetrated the biggest fraud ever on the American people and there is no investigation into how she did it, who may have helped her, and punishment for her and her co-conspirators. Looking at you Alex Danvers...as soon as she knew the president was an alien it was her duty to report it to the DOJ...but no...let's just ignore the law and U.S. Constitution because we like her policies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Pretty crappy that they have completely ignored the fact that the previous president was removed from office for being an alien....having perpetrated the biggest fraud ever on the American people and there is no investigation into how she did it, who may have helped her, and punishment for her and her co-conspirators. Looking at you Alex Danvers...as soon as she knew the president was an alien it was her duty to report it to the DOJ...but no...let's just ignore the law and U.S. Constitution because we like her policies.
    As if the show wasn't already wandering too far into the weeds, you want to add more subplots that have no chance of good resolution? It's Supergirl not Crisis on Constitutional Ave
    Last edited by Jon Clark; 05-14-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    As if the show wasn't already wandering too far into the weeds, you want to add more subplots that have no chance of good resolution?
    What I want it a super hero show...but if they are going to push politics on it I want some balance to it...not the heroes as SJWs fighting the xenophobic conservatives.

Astonishing Member

What I want it a super hero show...but if they are going to push politics on it I want some balance to it...not the heroes as SJWs fighting the xenophobic conservatives.
    You know that somehow any sins of President Marsdin would be used to play up anti-Trump comparisons. It's how this show rolls.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    You know that somehow any sins of President Marsdin would be used to play up anti-Trump comparisons. It's how this show rolls.
    What you would have had in this case is the birther conspiracy made real...except instead of another country it is an alien from another planet.

What you would have had in this case is the birther conspiracy made real...except instead of another country it is an alien from another planet.
    Or Lockwood and his group could've used this as justification to go after any politician with pro-alien leanings. Anyway about the weird day to night transition I gave my little sister two possible answers: 1. The force of Red Daughter's was so strong it kept Kara flying for like an hour. 2. It's tv sis stop worrying about it.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I guess this is how they put that genie back in the bottle. Humans just can't handle superpowers.

Evil Brainy was awesome. I could even forgive the makeup for once. This actor (Jessie Rath?) pulled off an astounding transformation.
    I dunno Agent Liberty doesn't seem to be having too many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I dunno Agent Liberty doesn't seem to be having too many problems.
    He's pulling his hair out in clumps. Even Lena said he was deteriorating.

Supergirl Production Meeting...

Producer 1: Hey, did you see we've got this big fight between the two Kara's on this weeks episode?
    Producer 2: Yeah, that'll be epic. We'll have to put some work in though. We'll need Melissa playing both sides of the fight, that'll need lots of doubling and split screen effects.
    Producer 1: True. Or we could just put in the level of effort we normally give to the show, stick one of the Kara's in a mask and have the rest of the day off.
    Producer 2: Nailed it.

Later, at the bar...

Producer 1: Oh hey. Kara is losing that fight against herself, right?
    Producer 2: Have you seen our show? Of course she is!
    Producer 1: But aren't they supposed to be identical? How do we pull that off?
    Producer 2: Same way we always do. A bit of extra nerfing on Kara and give whoever's fighting her some random made-up power to add to the long list of things that our Kara is vulnerable to.
    Producer 1: Cool. Oh, and who's turn is it to save the hero of our show this week when she's beaten again?
    Producer 2: Hmm, I'm not sure. Check the rotation, it might be an Alex week for this episode.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

At first I was upset with Brainy by his lack of professionalism, having to confess his love to Dreamer in a time like this (it's also too bad he hasn't seen Star Wars yet, he told Dreamer the odds...never tell them the odds!), but that just made his transformation into the cold, emotional Brainiac the Fifth all the more terrifying.

So the president is just one of Lex's stooges? Maybe world domination won't be so hard for him.

Extraordinary Member

They should have let it slip that the President's Secret Service Codename is Scarecrow.

They should have let it slip that the President's Secret Service Codename is Scarecrow.
    Can Kate Jackson be 1st Lady?

I figured all of that stuff is happening off screen, so the show can focus on, you know, Supergirl.

If I want an hour devoted to political machinations, I'll go rewatch The West Wing.

Though I will say this- I would like them to explore the inevitable fallout of it being revealed that Baker was working with a known terrorist, along with his Chief of Staff and who knows how many Senators and Congressmen. Unless they are going to go all out and next season have President Lex...

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Supergirl Production Meeting...

Producer 1: Hey, did you see we've got this big fight between the two Kara's on this weeks episode?
    Producer 2: Yeah, that'll be epic. We'll have to put some work in though. We'll need Melissa playing both sides of the fight, that'll need lots of doubling and split screen effects.
    Producer 1: True. Or we could just put in the level of effort we normally give to the show, stick one of the Kara's in a mask and have the rest of the day off.
    Producer 2: Nailed it.

Later, at the bar...

Producer 1: Oh hey. Kara is losing that fight against herself, right?
    Producer 2: Have you seen our show? Of course she is!
    Producer 1: But aren't they supposed to be identical? How do we pull that off?
    Producer 2: Same way we always do. A bit of extra nerfing on Kara and give whoever's fighting her some random made-up power to add to the long list of things that our Kara is vulnerable to.
    Producer 1: Cool. Oh, and who's turn is it to save the hero of our show this week when she's beaten again?
    Producer 2: Hmm, I'm not sure. Check the rotation, it might be an Alex week for this episode.
    Actually, if you think about it the mask makes sense. If you have Red Daughter flying around dressed as Supergirl, and then have another alien with identical powers flying around in the grey suit killing people, you'd want to keep her face hidden.

You know what, that actually made less sense with each word I typed. And there really was no reason to have the mask on during the fight other than to save a few bucks. Hey, got to pay for that Lexosuit somehow!