Page 323 of 374 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Really? It was a big deal when they brought her on the show. The first Trans superhero on TV, played by a Trans actress.
    Yeah, I feel kinda dumb for missing it. Don't know why it skipped past me.

As for Cain. The show likes to kill Right Wing Assholes, like Kevin Sorbo.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-19-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, I feel kinda dumb for missing it. Don't know why it skipped past me.

As for Cain. The show likes to kill Right Wing Assholes, like Kevin Sorbo.
    At least he got a good death. Cain hasn't even been mentioned since Season 2.

Amazing Member

I REALLY don't get why they never recast. I mean, sure, there are some roles that you really just can't recast (Cat Grant). But it should be no problem for smaller, reoccurring roles. Hell, they recast Alura, and even picked a legacy actor to fill the roll!
    I can only guess that they hope to get the actors back for guest appearances?

Well only the actors who's opinions agree with their own or aren't extremely political to one side or the other.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

This was actually one of my least favourite episodes of the season. Nicole Maines is great and it was nice to get a Dreamer episode after her being MIA for so much of the season so far but I really thought they let the good intentions of her story here get in the way of actually being even remotely interesting. I generally quite like when Supergirl deals with real-world issues, even when done so in less than subtle ways, but even by this show's standards, this felt very after school special, very blunt, and, again, just as a piece of storytelling, it just kind of sat there. Can't say I loved the villain of the piece either.

Sadly, the Alex story didn't do a whole lot better either. Kelly continues to be a real problem - especially when you compare her to Alex's last love interest.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

What is the problem with Dean Cain's political beliefs. It says in Wikipedia that he is a Trump supporter, but is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, but believes in equal opportunity, not outcome, which, I guess means that he is anti-affirmative action. I suspect there is something more that I don't know, because I don't think that should be enough to preclude him from working on this (or any) show!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    What is the problem with Dean Cain's political beliefs. It says in Wikipedia that he is a Trump supporter, but is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, but believes in equal opportunity, not outcome, which, I guess means that he is anti-affirmative action. I suspect there is something more that I don't know, because I don't think that should be enough to preclude him from working on this (or any) show!

There you go, question answered.

There you go, question answered.
    OK, I think Trump's a raving lunatic, but I wouldn't stop someone from working just because he was a Republican or a Trump supporter. I don't even think it's right to do that. Would it be right to fire a person just because he supported Barack Obama? Of course not! It may be legal (it IS legal), but it seems unfair to me.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wow, yeah, that's incredibly uncool. I loathe Trump but the idea that someone should be kept out of a job because they happen to support him is, frankly, pretty hideous behaviour. Unethical even.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

We don't know why they killed the character. He has not been in the show for 3 years.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Okay, this is NOT the reason Upswipz was invented! As heavy handed as it was, I thought Nia had a great story. Very personal to her, the emotion felt real, and it raised awareness on a meta level.

Alex's story was cool, too, and it looks like there will be more versatility to her weapon than it just being a gun.

I don't like them killing off Jeremiah mostly because it feels like an afterthought. Something this huge needs to be a recurring story that deeply affects Kara and Alex in numerous ways. Maybe it will, but if it won't, it's kind of pointless.

Ok, nothing about the Obsidian experience sounds good. It sounds as if it's designed to kill you in the real world. Of course, since it's Leviathan, that's probably the point.
    It probably is, and the fact that its true, sinister nature is staring everyone in the face is going to make them feel dumb later on.

OK, I think Trump's a raving lunatic, but I wouldn't stop someone from working just because he was a Republican or a Trump supporter. I don't even think it's right to do that. Would it be right to fire a person just because he supported Barack Obama? Of course not! It may be legal (it IS legal), but it seems unfair to me.
    I agree that someone should not be barred from working because of their beliefs, but before people start reacting to something as though it's true, the fact is we don't know went on that lead to him being on the outs with the show. And he wasn't a cast member either, so choosing to not invite him back isn't the same as firing him or not honoring a contract.

Anyways.... I think they should have just recast and had Jeremiah be the Cyborg Superman (wasn't that the original plan?) I think it would have worked out better that way than have it be Henshaw because that went nowhere and became a waste of a potentially good villain.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree that someone should not be barred from working because of their beliefs, but before people start reacting to something as though it's true, the fact is we don't know went on that lead to him being on the outs with the show. And he wasn't a cast member either, so choosing to not invite him back isn't the same as firing him or not honoring a contract.

Anyways.... I think they should have just recast and had Jeremiah be the Cyborg Superman (wasn't that the original plan?) I think it would have worked out better that way than have it be Henshaw because that went nowhere and became a waste of a potentially good villain.
    I fully admit I don't know the real reason why Dean never came back. It could be that he didn't want to work in Canada, it could have been scheduling (doubtful). But quite frankly, Trump supporters don't have an easy time in Hollywood these days, so that is what I've always believed.

In a way, he did become a cyborg superman- he was augmented much like Henshaw was.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I don't like them killing off Jeremiah mostly because it feels like an afterthought. Something this huge needs to be a recurring story that deeply affects Kara and Alex in numerous ways. Maybe it will, but if it won't, it's kind of pointless.

And then there is this. You are absolutely right. It would be one thing if they had at least mentioned Jeremiah every now and then, or if he had tried to stay in contact with Alex over the years since we last saw him. As it is, the last time we saw him was in Season 2, and he just disappeared. And then he was never mentioned again, at all. Hell, for that matter Cadmus was pretty much ignored after season 2 as well. It's confounding.

As for the Obsidian tech, if it doesn't end up killing a bunch of people, it will most likely turn into another mind control plot, because that's all they can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    The synopsis for the next episode reads:
    Alex (Chyler Leigh) uses a pair of Obsidian contact lenses to visit a virtual National City where she takes on a whole new persona. Meanwhile, Kelly (Azie Tesfai) helps William (Staz Nair) investigate Lex. Kara (Melissa Benoist) deals with difficult news.
    So it does sound like maybe they will deal with Jeremiah's death. Could also be the reason Alex immerses herself in a virtual world.

Mighty Member

That VR simulation is scary.

Wow. A heart attack. Didn't even get a cool death.

Alex letting her feelings known to Kara was harsh. I wonder how long she's really been holding that in.

Alex looks good in the super suit. Even the bangs looked good.

Can William and Kelly get together? Apparently when two bad actors share a scene, the suck kind of negates itself.

The old Leviathan lady was really giving my Cigarette Smoking Man vibes. Then I pictured her with a cigarette, and realized she looks an awful lot like the old smoker ghost from Bettlejuice.

Brainy going back to over-acting was a bit of a shock

Speaking of over-acting, hello Henshaw!

One of the witches is back? That was unexpected.

I always like seeing the young Kara and Alex, and it was clever to use Young Alex to shock Alex out of the system.

Hey, Eliza! I was honestly surprised to see her. I was wondering if they would show Jeremiah at all, I guess a body double will have to do.

So is the system then designed to fight back against people wanting leave? I suppose there is already a version of AI running in the simulation; I wonder if there is a second, hidden AI running in the background, of if this is exactly what Andrea wanted.

Andrea herself continues to confuse me. I can't tell if she's evil, misguided, or genuinely wanting to do good, but still being a typical CEO where the bottom line is everything.

Welcome back, Miss Tessmacher.

Kind of careless of Leviathan to just leave evidence laying around.

I'm getting the feeling that Lex may end up killing William, or having him killed.

This was a nice, Alex-centered episode. Even Kelly was good. I do feel like we will need another road-trip episode with Alex and Kara to truly clear the air in the future, but I doubt that will happen any time this season.