Page 154 of 374 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I just wish he had gotten some sort of costume
    Same here...

Retired

I realized that TV Mon-El was never going to be the comic book Mon-El when his actual name was Mon-El and not Lar Gand.

I guess if Kevin Sorbo is the real Lar Gand then it's an alternate universe where Lar never left his solar system as a young man and met Clark in his younger days, then went in the Phantom Zone to join the Legion in a thousand years.

The Lar Gand of this universe grew up to become a king and get killed by his own wife. Maybe this Lar did go to Krypton in the distant past, where he met Jor-El and, after coming back to Daxam, honoured the House of El by giving his son the Mon-El name.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I realized that TV Mon-El was never going to be the comic book Mon-El when his actual name was Mon-El and not Lar Gand.

I guess if Kevin Sorbo is the real Lar Gand then it's an alternate universe where Lar never left his solar system as a young man and met Clark in his younger days, then went in the Phantom Zone to join the Legion in a thousand years.

The Lar Gand of this universe grew up to become a king and get killed by his own wife. Maybe this Lar did go to Krypton in the distant past, where he met Jor-El and, after coming back to Daxam, honoured the House of El by giving his son the Mon-El name.
    They have pretty much established that Supergirl lives in a different universe by the fact that Supergirl lives on Earth-38 while everyone else lives on Earth-1. Even Earth-2 has differences in characters
    than Earth-1. So pretty much anything that happens in the comic books, animation, the movies, and other TV shows doesn't really apply to what happens on Earth-38. Supergirl is literally its own universe
    with its own characters and stories that at times resembles characters in other universes and at other time goes in a completely different direction with the characters.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 08-04-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Retired

It's something to keep in mind with all TV shows and movies--that they aren't supposed to be like the comic books. But there's a certain satisfaction to be had in seeing beloved comic book stories acted out on screen.

From PopSugar.com:

Everything We Know About Supergirl Season 3
    August 3, 2017 by Kelsie Gibson

"SUPERGIRL is getting ready to take flight for its third season, but something tells us that Kara Danvers won't be the same heroine we all know and love when the show returns. As she battles her inner demons, the rest of our favorite characters will face their own relationship issues next season. On the plus side, there are some exciting new faces taking residence in National City — including a former Lois Lane! Get all the details about the upcoming season below.

The New Season Picks Up Right Where the Finale Left Off

During Comic-Con, David Harewood (J'onn J'onzz) revealed that season three will pick up minutes after the season two ending, so there won't be a big leap.

We Haven't Seen the Last of Mon-El

Don't lose hope yet, Karamel shippers. Not only was Chris Wood (Mon-El) in attendance during the Supergirl panel at Comic-Con, but executive producer Robert Rovner also confirmed the Daxam alien will return at some point next season: "Where Mon-El is and how he comes back is the central mystery of our season."

Kara's Mom Could Still Be Alive

Eyebrows were certainly raised when Erica Durance was recast as Alura. Not only is it the ultimate Superman/Supergirl crossover (Durance played Lois Lane on Smallville), but it might signal even more screen time for Kara's mom.

While Rovner said the recast was purely to keep Alura's presence on the show, fans are speculating that she's actually alive and escaped to the Phantom Zone after Krypton's destruction. Perhaps she will have a fate encounter with Mon-El?

Jimmy Has a New Love Interest

"We have amazing things in store for James," executive producer Jessica Queller teased, before adding: "He's going to have a new love interest."

Kara Will Be Tested

After sending her boyfriend to another galaxy, the heroine will be grappling with love, loss, and what it means to be human this season.

We're Going to Meet J'onn J'onzz's Father

It turns out J'onn J'onzz wasn't the last Green Martian after all. Alias vet Carl Lumbly has been cast as his father, M'yrnn J'onzz, for the upcoming season, and he's going to shake things up. "There's going to be some complications," Harewood teased. "J'onn always thought he was the last Green Martian. It's going to be extraordinary to discover that not only is he not the last Green Martian, but the other one is his dad!" Fun fact: Lumbly actually voiced the Martian Manhunter on the Justice League animated series.

Sanvers Could Be in Trouble

Seeing that Floriana Lima will not be a series regular next season, fans are worried that her character Maggie and Chyler Leigh's Alex, better known by fans as Sanvers, are heading toward Splitsville. While executive producer Greg Berlanti said that they would "use her as much as we can," he played rather coy about the couple's future. "I don't want to say too much about the story aspects of it," he explained. "But we got into it wanting to tell the story of Alex because she was a lead on the show and no matter what, we want to continue exploring Alex's romantic life."

Expect Another Crossover With The Flash

Another season, another reunion with Barry Allen. The CW has set a four-way superhero crossover with The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow on Nov. 27 and 28. Fingers crossed it will be another musical episode.

The Premiere Date

Season Three premieres on Oct. 9 at 8 p.m."

==================================

Presuming this is all true, thoughts on these developments for Season 3?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Jimmy just needs to goooooo.

The musical was garbage. Hopefully there will be a separate two part cross-over with flash. Her and Barry have so much chemistry. I wouldnt mind it if they just straight up adapted the superman animated episode with him and flash racing for charity and weather wizard causing shenanigans.

From PopSugar.com:

Everything We Know About Supergirl Season 3
    August 3, 2017 by Kelsie Gibson

"SUPERGIRL is getting ready to take flight for its third season, but something tells us that Kara Danvers won't be the same heroine we all know and love when the show returns. As she battles her inner demons, the rest of our favorite characters will face their own relationship issues next season. On the plus side, there are some exciting new faces taking residence in National City — including a former Lois Lane! Get all the details about the upcoming season below.

The New Season Picks Up Right Where the Finale Left Off

During Comic-Con, David Harewood (J'onn J'onzz) revealed that season three will pick up minutes after the season two ending, so there won't be a big leap.

Don't lose hope yet, Karamel shippers. Not only was Chris Wood (Mon-El) in attendance during the Supergirl panel at Comic-Con, but executive producer Robert Rovner also confirmed the Daxam alien will return at some point next season: "Where Mon-El is and how he comes back is the central mystery of our season."

Eyebrows were certainly raised when Erica Durance was recast as Alura. Not only is it the ultimate Superman/Supergirl crossover (Durance played Lois Lane on Smallville), but it might signal even more screen time for Kara's mom.

While Rovner said the recast was purely to keep Alura's presence on the show, fans are speculating that she's actually alive and escaped to the Phantom Zone after Krypton's destruction. Perhaps she will have a fate encounter with Mon-El?

"We have amazing things in store for James," executive producer Jessica Queller teased, before adding: "He's going to have a new love interest."

Kara Will Be Tested

After sending her boyfriend to another galaxy, the heroine will be grappling with love, loss, and what it means to be human this season.

It turns out J'onn J'onzz wasn't the last Green Martian after all. Alias vet Carl Lumbly has been cast as his father, M'yrnn J'onzz, for the upcoming season, and he's going to shake things up. "There's going to be some complications," Harewood teased. "J'onn always thought he was the last Green Martian. It's going to be extraordinary to discover that not only is he not the last Green Martian, but the other one is his dad!" Fun fact: Lumbly actually voiced the Martian Manhunter on the Justice League animated series.

Seeing that Floriana Lima will not be a series regular next season, fans are worried that her character Maggie and Chyler Leigh's Alex, better known by fans as Sanvers, are heading toward Splitsville. While executive producer Greg Berlanti said that they would "use her as much as we can," he played rather coy about the couple's future. "I don't want to say too much about the story aspects of it," he explained. "But we got into it wanting to tell the story of Alex because she was a lead on the show and no matter what, we want to continue exploring Alex's romantic life."

Another season, another reunion with Barry Allen. The CW has set a four-way superhero crossover with The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow on Nov. 27 and 28. Fingers crossed it will be another musical episode.

The Premiere Date

Season Three premieres on Oct. 9 at 8 p.m."

==================================

About the only thing that interests me, is j'onn's father showing up. Not looking forward to season 3 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    About the only thing that interests me, is j'onn's father showing up. Not looking forward to season 3 right now.
    Turns out Maggie's father is also showing up.

"EW has confirmed that 24 alum Carlos Bernard is set to guest-star on the third season of Supergirl as Maggie’s (Floriana Lima) father, who is also a cop. Oscar Rodas’ conservative views led to him kicking
    his teenage daughter out of the house when he learned she was gay."

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/04/supergir...arlos-bernard/

Meh

Seeing Durance on the show will be cool. As for whether Alura is actually alive or not, I'm on the fence. Although considering the news about J'onn, I think two returning parents within the same year might be a bit of stretch.

OK. I'd be happier to read that Jimmy is ditching the whole Guardian thing, which was a) a bit daft looking (even for a CW show) and b) yet another excuse last season to give Kara less action than her supporting cast. And for a female led show, there are way too many male heroes in Supergirl.

I mean, look at Arrow. In it's 5 years to date, the show has generally only had ever one regular female hero as a co-star at a time. Whether that be one of the Canaries (with Sara not making her full debut until season 2), occasionally Nyssa and more recently Artemis - who they turned evil. And Flash? It took three years for Jesse Quick to appear, only for her to leave a little while later after not being used all that much anyway. Oh, and Killer Frost, who's mostly been an antagonist and, again, took a few years to appear.

Now compare that to Supergirl where J'onn been's around from day one. Then season two comes along and we've got Guardian and Mon-El in the mix too, so essentially 75% of the regular 'hero' characters on Supergirl are dudes. And it's not like they're even nerfed as frequently as she is either.

Kara Will Be Tested

yay. Mopey sad Kara. Which wouldn't be a big draw at the best of times, but having being mopey and sad over a relationship that was so forced and shallow makes it all the more disappointing.

Interesting. Anything that gives David Harewood something to get his teeth in to is always welcome.

Be a shame if the relationship ends cos of an actors availability. On the other hand, just having Maggie frequently being referenced to being "out of town" or "on a job" might seem a little contrived.

Fair enough. I don't watch The Flash so the only time I see him (or Arrow or the Legends) is on Supergirl. Fingers crossed this time around Supergirl actually gets more to do in the crossover than be brainwashed, benched and catch Ollie.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Now compare that to Supergirl where J'onn been's around from day one. Then season two comes along and we've got Guardian and Mon-El in the mix too, so essentially 75% of the regular 'hero' characters on Supergirl are dudes. And it's not like they're even nerfed as frequently as she is either.
    I'd say they were plenty nerfed in their own right compared to the ladies on the show given how generally ineffectual they were most of the time, particularly Guardian and Mon-El.

Most of Guardians' appearances had him either fail to do something or get beat-up (where he would then promptly be saved by either Kara or Alex) and Mon-El with his very limited powerset barely did much at all.

J'onn probably got the most solid showing and even that's not saying much.

And Superman was ultimately proved to be inferior to his cousin on both a physical and moral level in the finale.

I would also say that with Alex, Maggie, Lena, Lyra, and Miss Martian that there were plenty of strong women with significant roles on the show last season.

Incredible Member

Default The SUPERGIRL show annoys me

Let me be clear - I want to like this show. I like most of the characters on the show (Mon-El annoys the crap outta me). It started off well enough. But season 2 became nothing but one huge political statement and I hated it. The other CW / DC shows are just good escapist fun and I wish that SUPERGIRL would follow suit.

Incredible Member

....Dude,Supergirl was always a huge political statement.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Let me be clear - I want to like this show. I like most of the characters on the show (Mon-El annoys the crap outta me). It started off well enough. But season 2 became nothing but one huge political statement and I hated it. The other CW / DC shows are just good escapist fun and I wish that SUPERGIRL would follow suit.
    For me its kinda the reverse, the first season had Alex Danvers accusing Martian Manhunter of being sexist for no real reason and had Cat Grant talking about sticking it to Maxwell Lord, that "embodiment of white male privilege."

Season 2 had Snapper Carr insisting on balanced journalism over a biased hit piece and an arced out, natural coming out story for Alex.
    Even the Cadmus stuff was very stock anti-alien group stuff from sci-fi. I stopped watching as regularly near the end of the season so maybe they were bashing you over the head with a point by then, but from what I saw of season 2, it was alot less nauseatingly didactic than season 1.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I stop watching Supergirl in the middle of second season because there was nothing for me to care about. I didn't like Jimmy as the Guardian, Mon-El sucked, Wasn't feeling Cadmus being a terrorist organization, Superman was only around for 2 episodes. I wasn't enjoying the show so I stopped.