Page 363 of 374 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    It really could have been a Valentine's Day episode: we have Alex and Kelly each of whom made a wedding
    proposal, Nia and Brainy (Why does Nia never call him Querl?), J'onn's love for his children, plus Lex in love with
    Nyxly.

Minor quibble: How does an unemployed person like Alex afford an elaborate wedding ring? I suppose Kara could have
    made the diamond for her, but still.
    I was thinking that, if this show had been on the normal schedule, this was the episode that would have aired in February.

Shh, we're not supposed to ask that question! That's like asking how Alex still afford the rent on her apartment, groceries, etc. now that she's unemployed. Or asking how Kara affords that loft (and all of that take out food!) on a Reporter's' salary. I swear, Nia's the most realistic person on the show, living in a tiny apartment with a roommate.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Finding out that the finale is a two episode is kind of like hearing the countdown to a meteor strike just got a lot shorter. Twitter and Tumblr are gonna be ground zero for a huge fan backlash if/when Supercorp is not in fact canon

Alright, the ham and cheese level was really at it's peak during this episode, with all "I love you so much!" talk.

Incredible Member

I'm sure you can expect the same with the finale. I would imagine we would have lots of speeches as everyone goes their separate ways.
    I would like to see Nia go off with Brainy to the 31st century.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Finding out that the finale is a two episode is kind of like hearing the countdown to a meteor strike just got a lot shorter. Twitter and Tumblr are gonna be ground zero for a huge fan backlash if/when Supercorp is not in fact canon
    I'm getting the popcorn ready.....

Honestly, the fans pushing SuperCorp on Twitter have been more entertaining than the show this season.

Incredible Member

I was reading the first posts from 2015 today.
    Everyone from that forgotten era in American History will be glad to know that the
    show never lost its cheesy quality.
    In fact, the 2021 version remains cheesy and corny.

We might be nearing the point where we think what were the seminal cheesy and
    corny moments in the show's history. The Brainy overwhelming poor Nia with food
    episode will be hard to beat.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 10-27-2021 at 02:09 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I think we can all agree that the finale will be amazing, just like Alex and Kelly will be as a newly married couple and parents. In fact, everybody on the show is amazing about something or the other, come to think of it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I didn't expect them to inject time travel and an off-screen grand romance between Lex and Nyxly into things, but I guess it makes about as much sense to work Lex into the plot.

I honestly thought Nyxly would appreciate the fact that Lex throwing Supergirl into the Phantom Zone was what ultimately got her out, but it reminded her too much of her father. Which is pretty ironic for her "destined love."

Lillian put Otis on the board? Was she just doing this to screw with Lex ?

At this point Lena may as well get a costume because they're pushing her so much into magic and she's the only one not wearing a suit. Maybe they can call her "Morgana" or something.

Take a drink every time someone in the episode mentions "totem" or "love" and you won't survive the midway point.

Why are we seeing so much of J'onn's Martian Face? Were they saving up all their Martian Manhunter budget for the last few episodes? I mean, I'm glad, it just seems kind of random in light of them pushing his human face in his suit.

Six Superheroes against Nyxly feels a bit like overkill.

Lena: "I don't want to use my magic." Kara: "Lena, you have to use your magic!" Lena: "(Sigh) Fine." It's happened practically every episode at this point.

I have a hard time seeing J'onn not already being brave enough to risk everything to protect his daughters and somehow now he can be more brave, but whatever. They haven't really answered why Kara couldn't pass the test either.

Wow, William, Al, and Kelly played Alex good. I almost thought for a second Esme was a good liar but it seems like she didn't know at the time either.

So wait, where Lex is from Nyxly actually won? And that put her in a state where she was willing to work with Lex? What about the Legion?

Destroying the Totems keeps seeming like not that big a deal but it seems like their essence still exists and just transfers to something else, which unfortunately means they're coming after Esme because she now has the Love Totem.

How many times can Acrata sneak into Lex's office without raising an alarm? I guess the same amount of times Andrea can be a terrible boss.

Welp, time for William to get kidnapped for the umpteenth time. You'd think he'd know better than to trust Lex's loyal right hand man, and Otis has no reason to betray Lex.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Yeah for more Martian Manhunter..with his Martian face.

Nia and Brainy are behaving the most rationale and believable at this point.

So....how does William get ahold of Otis's contact info? Do not say "investigative reporter". That is a plot for plot sake device that just rings hollow here.

I wish I bought the relationship of Kelly and Alex as much as the writers want me to. It feels as forced as the one they are teasing on Batwoman(Sofia&Ryan). Here's two lesbians that share screen time, they must fall in love.

Dang it if the little girl isn't just adorable though. Seems like she is going to be in some trouble though since the Love Totem has re-manifested "on her", "within her"?

Lets go ahead and get Lena an outfit for the finale. Perhaps she can be code name Orchid or Xanadu?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yeah it's looking like if they did go Supercorp it'd have to be a massive swerve away from what they're currently writing because this doesn't feel like intentionally romantic so far. My guess is Supergirl goes to the future with Mon-El while remaining single

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yeah it's looking like if they did go Supercorp it'd have to be a massive swerve away from what they're currently writing because this doesn't feel like intentionally romantic so far. My guess is Supergirl goes to the future with Mon-El while remaining single
    The Supercorp angle would only make sense as a way to increase ratings, not as a way to end a show for the small minority of viewers clamoring for it. Besides, I'm not sure DC would okay it regarding Supergirl merchandise, anyway.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Mon-El has to return before she can leave with him.
    So far we haven't seen him in recent episodes.
    I'm not opposed, it would be nice for Kara to get a happy ending.
    I just hope we can avoid a Kara-William pairing.

He's coming back for the finale. Set pictures already spoiled that.

It's not a spoiler, he's in the finale. The official account posted pics for him and Winn.

I'm torn. l loved seeing Lex back, but him and Nxyly is just...weird? Hey, Otis!

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Nice wedding proposal from Alex.
    That was funny and heartwarming.

I'm afraid and intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I think we can all agree that the finale will be amazing, just like Alex and Kelly will be as a newly married couple and parents. In fact, everybody on the show is amazing about something or the other, come to think of it.
    I'm going to inevitably compare it to Arrow's finale, despite the shows being very different and the characters being very different. I'm sure it will hit the right emotional notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point Lena may as well get a costume because they're pushing her so much into magic and she's the only one not wearing a suit. Maybe they can call her "Morgana" or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Lets go ahead and get Lena an outfit for the finale. Perhaps she can be code name Orchid or Xanadu?
    I never really thought about Lena becoming a costumed hero. I don't think I want her to be an already established DC character (Gotham got kind of weird about that in the end). Maybe she can be a science-and-sorcery technopagan type.