Page 235 of 374 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Because that’s sara douglas, who played zod’s wife in “ superman II”
    I thought so, but then I thought Reign killed her on Fort Rozz!

Where is Clark? This season we have had not one, not two, not three, but six crazy ass Kryptonians threatening the world, and no Superman??!! And not just that, but Kara has found a city of Kryptonian survivors, and we don't even get a scene with her texting the news to Clark? "Hey cuz!!! You're not going to believe what I found in space. A whole slice of Krypton and it's exactly as I remember it!" What the $%#!
    Last edited by MagnusRex; 06-12-2018 at 06:51 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusRex View Post
    Where is Clark? This season we have had not one, not two, not three, but six crazy ass Kryptonians threatening the world, and no Superman??!! And not just that, but Kara has found a city of Kryptonian survivors, and we don't even get a scene with her texting the news to Clark? "Hey cuz!!! You're not going to believe what I found in space. A whole slice of Krypton and it's exactly as I remember it!" What the $%#!
    Yeah, I basically said the same thing last night. It doesn't make any sense, but it's obvious why it's being handled this way. At least do what they do in the comics by stating Superman is out somewhere in space or another universe instead of pretending he wouldn't be in the middle of anything this big.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Do you think where this season has ended up is where it was supposed to go or was there a different plan?

THE FLASH has been accused of stretching out its main arc over the fourth season for far too long. But I find SUPERGIRL has been much worse--of course, a lot of that is due to the big breaks during the season, so it could just seem longer, but the false ending where they seem to defeat the big bad only for the big bad to come back in another rushed version really feels like too many curtain calls.

Even though I hated all of ARROW this season, at least they did a good thing by breaking up their story into two even halves. It's just that the big bads for both halves of the season were mind-numbingly awful. The Reign story is actually much better but would have been better done in ten episodes.

I think the Return to Argo story could have been its own mini-arc, where Kara leaves Earth and goes back to live with her people and everyone on Earth has to learn how to get along without her.

Astonishing Member

Alex is supposed to be such a great agent. Did she only have one Kryptonite bullet? If not, Alex - did you go to firearms school? You finish off your opponent. Maybe she should have read the Lucas Davenport book where his daughter Lette, stepped over a Cartel member she had shot and fired one into the head to be sure the guy was down. If you have a kryptonite blade, you just don't stab or slash once in the side.

Hey Kara, Kal - great idea to get rid of all the Kryptonite for all the Earthlings - now isn't it.

So out of a hat, a Martian can shape shift and hold an entire planet together? That's a new one.

Last, why planet form Earth - just get there and you will be godlike. Never got that plot line in Supes' series or movies.

How many Kryptonian level folks are there anyway - any left from the Zod episodes, what to do with an entire city of them (kill them like happens in the books), how many Daxamites, White Martians, etc.? Earthlings are really screwed in the Kara U.

While I agree with you, it bears pointing out that in the first season Kara had to face Astra, Non, and a dozen Kryptonian soldiers on her own several times before Myriad took Superman out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, I basically said the same thing last night. It doesn't make any sense, but it's obvious why it's being handled this way. At least do what they do in the comics by stating Superman is out somewhere in space or another universe instead of pretending he wouldn't be in the middle of anything this big.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    While I agree with you, it bears pointing out that in the first season Kara had to face Astra, Non, and a dozen Kryptonian soldiers on her own several times before Myriad took Superman out.
    I can't help but wonder how many explanations of "Clark is in space..." "Clark is tackling a giant robot in Japan..." "Clark is kicking back and taking the day off..." explanations it would take before people started complaining that Clark is never around.

Then there would also be the inevitable complaints of "How come Kara never gets to do the cool stuff like fly off into space or fight giant robots in Japan?"

It's a show about Supergirl. The worst thing they did was introduce Superman into the continuity at all. The only thing it accomplished was to make a few people want the show to be about Superman. The show is about Supergirl tackling the super-crises, and it's about Supergirl having the emotional responses to finding a city from Krypton. Stop trying to force Superman into a story in which his only purpose would be to take focus away from who the story is about.

Retired

While I don't normally expect Superman to show up, if there was ever a perfect time to bring him into the show, it would be the season finale, when all bets are off, there's no next episode that has to address the subject and the series needs a lot of star power to bring things to a close.

So much is happening, there's enough for Superman to do (like flying into the Earth's core) that it doesn't take the spotlight away from Supergirl. Even if they couldn't get Tyler Hoechlin back for one episode--all they really need is a CGI stuntman to appear in a scene or two, to establish that Superman is active in this world-threatening situation.

They better not kill off Sam.

Also, poor Coville.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I can't help but wonder how many explanations of "Clark is in space..." "Clark is tackling a giant robot in Japan..." "Clark is kicking back and taking the day off..." explanations it would take before people started complaining that Clark is never around.

Then there would also be the inevitable complaints of "How come Kara never gets to do the cool stuff like fly off into space or fight giant robots in Japan?"

It's a show about Supergirl. The worst thing they did was introduce Superman into the continuity at all. The only thing it accomplished was to make a few people want the show to be about Superman. The show is about Supergirl tackling the super-crises, and it's about Supergirl having the emotional responses to finding a city from Krypton. Stop trying to force Superman into a story in which his only purpose would be to take focus away from who the story is about.
    Why I agree with you in theory, if Superman is on the same planet, he should be on hand for the major crises. If he's not, then don't make the crises world-wide, but confine them to National City*.

*BTW, when does the name change to National Periodical Publications City?

It's a no win scenario.

In season one, everyone complained that when Superman showed up, it was a CGI blur or shown from a distance or just showing his boots as he lay unconscious on a table. It got to be ridiculous. So they finally cast him in Season 2, and used him pretty well IMO. But now in Season 3 he's MIA, and people are complaining that he ISN'T showing up.

For the record, the perfect time for him to show up this season (other than when is cousin was in a coma) was for the trip to Argo City. That's what annoys me the most. You can't get a better set up than that to show Clark his people, but because this is all so rushed, it wouldn't have any real impact. Maybe we'll see that in Season 4.

For the record, the perfect time for him to show up this season (other than when is cousin was in a coma) was for the trip to Argo City. That's what annoys me the most. You can't get a better set up than that to show Clark his people, but because this is all so rushed, it wouldn't have any real impact. Maybe we'll see that in Season 4.
    Totally agree. You could have had Clark go to Argo City with Kara and Mon-El, but for one reason or the other doesn't make it back to Earth with them. That way, you have a legitimate reason to keep Superman out of the battle.

BANNED

It's a no win scenario.

In season one, everyone complained that when Superman showed up, it was a CGI blur or shown from a distance or just showing his boots as he lay unconscious on a table. It got to be ridiculous. So they finally cast him in Season 2, and used him pretty well IMO. But now in Season 3 he's MIA, and people are complaining that he ISN'T showing up.

I think they made a huge mistake introducing him at all. The entire motivation for Kara Being sent to earth at all was misplaced in a show that is decidedly not about Superman. He shouldn't exist in this continuity.

I think they made a huge mistake introducing him at all. The entire motivation for Kara Being sent to earth at all was misplaced in a show that is decidedly not about Superman. He shouldn't exist in this continuity.
    But it's part of her backstory. It's always been part of her backstory that she was sent to Earth to protect Clark, but for one reason or another her pod was knocked off course and arrived 30+ years later. Unless they were adapting the whole Linda Danvers version of Supergirl, fans of the character would be upset if that was changed. (And yes, I know they changed it somewhat by giving her a sister, but the core origin of her character is still there).

Or... I suppose they could have adapted 'Being Super', and just cut out the last part with her seeking out Superman.

I don't see anything wrong about a show focusing on Superman's cousin, and using his mythos and characters to such a degree, acknowledging Superman's presence...but I do think the show has dropped the ball with not addressing where he's been in such a Kryptonian-centered plot.