Page 236 of 374 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 5596
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    BUnless they were adapting the whole Linda Danvers version of Supergirl, fans of the character would be upset if that was changed.
    So what? It's not as if there are enough of them to matter.

Retired

Hey, the main reason I want Superman to show up on SUPERGIRL is because I really enjoyed seeing Tyler Hoechlin in the role. Any chance to have Tyler back gets me excited because I enjoy the guy's work. Even if he's just standing around as Clark Kent that's something I want to see. And the Jimmy Olsen character could probably use that interaction to improve his part in the show.

It's the same reason I want to see Jay Garrick on THE FLASH--for John Wesley Shipp's acting--or Tommy Merlyn on ARROW--for Colin Donnell's (damn that bait and switch).

Too bad Van-Zee didn't show up alive and well in Argo City (and if you need an explanation for how that relates to the above, I'll be happy to give it).

Y'know, if they were going to bring back Argo City eventually, I would have just rather had something like Supergirl's original origin instead of her pod being knocked off course and stuck in a temporal blind spot for an undisclosed period of time. It's a lot simpler just to have her come directly from the surviving planetoid of Argo City to Earth.

I prefer the TV show follow the Supergirl comic books in regards to Supergirl vs Reign and the Worldkillers. In the comic books Supergirl took on all four Worldkillers in the heart of New York City
    in a long, lengthy, loud battle. And no Superman anywhere in sight or even mentioned. And they didn't even have the rights issues to the character to contend with it the comic books.
    They could have inked in Superman when ever they wanted to. Unlike the restrictions Warner Bros. places on the movie characters. It's nice when a TV show is comic book accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I prefer the TV show follow the Supergirl comic books in regards to Supergirl vs Reign and the Worldkillers. In the comic books Supergirl took on all four Worldkillers in the heart of New York City
    in a long, lengthy, loud battle. And no Superman anywhere in sight or even mentioned. And they didn't even have the rights issues to the character to contend with it the comic books.
    They could have inked in Superman when ever they wanted to. Unlike the restrictions Warner Bros. places on the movie characters. It's nice when a TV show is comic book accurate.
    For all we know there might actually be a Superman embargo because of Justice League, like what happened with Deathstroke on Arrow.

Retired

I think it's more likely that everyone at W.B. is in a state of paralysis as they wait for what will happen with the A.T. & T. deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think it's more likely that everyone at W.B. is in a state of paralysis as they wait for what will happen with the A.T. & T. deal.
    Now that the Justice Department has lost its suit blocking the merger and a federal judge has approved the deal we should see a lot more definite plans out of WB. Probably wasn't going to affect Supergirl and the other CW shows
    one way or the other, but the movies probably won't be in as much turmoil.

So Alura ships Karamel...I don't particularly like that.

That poor DEO agent. At least he went out fighting. I'll be upset if they never use that personal force-field technology again. I have the feeling it'll be conveniently forgotten about in the future (Winn's given it to himself, the next two people he'd give it to are James and Alex).

Hey Ruby is a smart kid. Brave too. I hope they're able to make Sam stronger so Reign gets weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Do you think where this season has ended up is where it was supposed to go or was there a different plan?
    I can't believe they'd tease us with two other Legionnaires (one confirmed to be Chameleon Boy) in those pods just to never have them appear. I think they were going to play a bigger role, maybe even stick around until the finale. Plus I feel like they may've changed things up with Coville, he seems to have turned on Kara too easily. Is he dead, though? Weird how that heat vision blew him back rather than incinerated him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    So out of a hat, a Martian can shape shift and hold an entire planet together? That's a new one.
    Is it? I seem to remember a story (DC One Million, maybe?) where J'onn himself ended up becoming the planet Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think they made a huge mistake introducing him at all. The entire motivation for Kara Being sent to earth at all was misplaced in a show that is decidedly not about Superman. He shouldn't exist in this continuity.
    Without Superman, though, Lex is no good. And a dud of a Luthor legacy means you don't quite get the impact of Lena this show is going for. I'm fine with the way they've used Superman so far (although the longer Argo becomes a thing, the more they are going to have to at least mention Superman).

Amazing Member

Still diggin' the silver age references. Her 1st pets name? We all said it at the same time she did; Streaky! And Wynn's new force field invention? Besides his super intellect, that used to be Brainiac 5's 'power'! Always thought the force field belt would've been a great gift from Supes to his non-meta allies like Batman, Arrow, etc!

Retired

This wasn't the first time Streaky was mentioned in the show. In fact, we've seen the cat and *shocker* he ain't ginger. So the anti-ginger conspiracy goes this deep that even cats are targetted!

I was expecting Win to say that he got the idea for the forcefield belt from Brainy, but that never happened. It's like they go out of their way to punk us. I think they've brought up Saturn Girl being not telepathic but telekinetic a couple of times on the show. Yup, just open up those old wounds and rub the salt right in there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    So what? It's not as if there are enough of them to matter.
    This one always confuses me. If there aren't enough fans of a concept to matter then why use the concept at all? If you want to tell stories of a flying super-strong woman why not just invent a new one and not be bound by any history? If you go to the trouble to use Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Barry Allen/Flash, and Kara Zor-el/Supergirl then you must think those particular concepts have a value, right? Otherwise you'd just create Bowman, Fast Guy, and Empowered Female because it isn't like you are trying to attract fans of existing characters.

Name recognition matters. We've all seen people who watch shows they hate or buy comics they hate just because the character has the same name as the character they say they love. The problem is when the creators of the tv show appear to be ashamed of the source material, so they try to get as far away from it as they can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    This one always confuses me. If there aren't enough fans of a concept to matter then why use the concept at all?
    All that's really needed is passing familiarity. Supergirl is not exactly iconic in popular culture the way Superman is, but many people still know she's a thing, and if they hear about a show with her, and see the shield, they'll know whether they want to check it out or not. That's the sort of viewer these shows are going for, not the fans per se. But if the show isn't beholden to some storyline from the 60s or 70s, 95% the audience is not going to care or even realize it. The remaining 5% will frown about it though.

Just make a good TV show using the characters you've implicitly agreed with the viewers you're going to tell stories about. Draw inspiration from the comics, sure, but don't be enslaved by them. If the fans are all upset because Supergirl didn't text her cousin in a particular episode, then just pretend there's an un-aired scene where that happened and move on.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 06-13-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Name recognition matters. We've all seen people who watch shows they hate or buy comics they hate just because the character has the same name as the character they say they love. The problem is when the creators of the tv show appear to be ashamed of the source material, so they try to get as far away from it as they can.
    They did give Reign the same sword she has in the comic books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For all we know there might actually be a Superman embargo because of Justice League, like what happened with Deathstroke on Arrow.
    When you think about it, Superman-Hoechlin only appeared on Supergirl during the time that Superman-Cavill was dead in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So Alura ships Karamel...I don't particularly like that.

Is it? I seem to remember a story (DC One Million, maybe?) where J'onn himself ended up becoming the planet Mars.
    I support Allura XD

That remembers me the time that J'onn became the elemental of Earth during Brightest Day, and he merged with the planet itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    With all those Kryptonian level folks around - I'd support Bass Pro selling Kryptonite ammunition to the regular public.
    lol I immediately thought of this when those three Kryptonians (Selena and friends) popped up at the DEO and then fried that one agent. But no lets get rid of it cause it hurts Kara's fweelings. *roles eyes*