Page 344 of 374 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Was Kenny's base Clark's loft from Smallville?
    Now that you mention it, it looked kind of familiar.
    One thing that bugged me- Kenny bought shakes for all of them, and then they left them there, untouched. When I was in high school, I don't care what emergency I had to get to, if I spent money buying food, I'd get that packed up.
    And those were some good looking shakes.
    So, the evil aliens who want to put Kara in a zoo.... did they raid Doctor Who for some extras? I mean, they couldn't steal quality aliens like Daleks, or even Autons, but instead they got these drama school rejects?
    Yeah, they seemed a bit much even by the show's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, they seemed a bit much even by the show's standards.
    Now that I think about it, they didn't raid Doctor Who. They raided The Sara Jane Chronicles.

Looks like we get episodes 6 and 7, then they are on hiatus until August. And in the meantime, we go back to Superman and Lois.

Mighty Member

So, Brainy joins the Legends team next season perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    So, Brainy joins the Legends team next season perhaps?
    God I hope not. I'd rather never see him again than see him on that show.

It felt like the show kept dancing around trying not to call Kara Supergirl when it was such a convenient and age-appropriate thing to call her in this setting.

Does Brainy deserve Nia in that dress? How can Nia be so gorgeous? I leave those questions up to you. But it seems like they're officially back together after that kiss.

In hindsight, the cougar representing Cat seems kind of obvious.

Is that same ex-husband Carter's father? Although he would be too young to have been born yet unless he's, like, a toddler.

Is Kenny officially Kara's best love interest? He's basically what Malverne was supposed to be. I wonder if we'll see him in the present-day, although all those meteors he missed made me think the universe was trying to kill him again.

Yes Kara, girls who go to college learn how to pick locks .

Wow, Kara had the worst prom ever in that timeline. Get hit by a meteor with Kryptonite that she has to get pulled out of her hands, her boyfriend gets kidnapped trying to help her, the bad guys get away and let loose a bunch of off-screen landsharks on Midvale, her identity gets outed, Cat gets her name wrong for the first time, and then she gets arrested and handcuffed by Midvale PD (in a prom dress of all things). I guess Cat got arrested too, so...karma?

Brainy and Nia really screwed things up in a Legends kind of way, but they also cleaned up after themselves fairly well.

It's kind of ironic that Kara leaves Midvale to figure herself out, not sure if she wants to be a Superhero, knowing her future is eventually going to be defined by Superheroing and journalism.

Nia giving the woman whose company she works for but has never personally met the idea for her entire company and brand image is...something. Although kind of feels like we're vilifying Perry White here.

My first thought- what the hell happed to the effects budget? The meteor, the floating head- that stuff would have looked okay on The Flash- the John Wesley Shipp Flash from the 90's.

My second thought was that Kara was moving around fairly well for it being the first time she was exposed to Kryptonite- especially as every other time she's been exposed as an adult, it's pretty much taken her out.

Third thought- isn't it a little early for those kinds of drones? And if they were around, I'd think they'd cost a fortune, not $20.

The actress playing CJ Grant continues to knock it out of the park. Same with the younger Danvers girls.

So... moonlight now recharges Kara?

These... villains... are...AWFUL. And not in 'they are bad guys', but in 'these guys were rejected from Doctor Who in the 70's, and then rejected from the Sara Jane Chronicles decades later'. Just..... swing and a miss.

I don't want Brainy (or Nia) on Legends, but I would kill for a Legion spin-off with those two. Heck, take the original idea of Legends having a rotating cast and use that- the Legion is large enough that you would only need a few other core characters, and you could bring in others each week as the story dictates. I doubt Jeremy Jordan would want to be a regular on a show, but I could see him coming in for guest spots every so often.

Here's to hoping Kenny comes back as an adult in the back half of the season, so we don't have to watch Kara and William get together.

Looking forward to next week, but I do hate that we'll have to wait until August for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    My first thought- what the hell happed to the effects budget? The meteor, the floating head- that stuff would have looked okay on The Flash- the John Wesley Shipp Flash from the 90's.
    Maybe it was a deliberate throwback. Along with the villains.
    My second thought was that Kara was moving around fairly well for it being the first time she was exposed to Kryptonite- especially as every other time she's been exposed as an adult, it's pretty much taken her out.
    Youthful constitution?
    Third thought- isn't it a little early for those kinds of drones? And if they were around, I'd think they'd cost a fortune, not $20.
    That did seem kind of advanced for 2009.
    So... moonlight now recharges Kara?
    I thought about this too, but apparently it's refracted sunlight, so...
    I don't want Brainy (or Nia) on Legends, but I would kill for a Legion spin-off with those two. Heck, take the original idea of Legends having a rotating cast and use that- the Legion is large enough that you would only need a few other core characters, and you could bring in others each week as the story dictates. I doubt Jeremy Jordan would want to be a regular on a show, but I could see him coming in for guest spots every so often.
    It would feel like a waste to lose a lot of the Super Friends, especially J'onn, Nia, and Brainy.
    Here's to hoping Kenny comes back as an adult in the back half of the season, so we don't have to watch Kara and William get together.
    It seemed inexplicable that he'd be alive now, be so important to Kara, and we have no idea what happened to him since then.

That and people seem to collectively like him which is more than can be said for a lot of Kara's love interests.
    Looking forward to next week, but I do hate that we'll have to wait until August for the rest.
    I'm amazed how long Kara has been stuck in the Phantom Zone.

Maybe it was a deliberate throwback. Along with the villains.
    If so, bad call. It was distractingly bad.

I thought about this too, but apparently it's refracted sunlight, so...
    Never thought about that.

It would feel like a waste to lose a lot of the Super Friends, especially J'onn, Nia, and Brainy.
    I know the cancellation is partly due to ratings, and partly due to Melissa wanting to leave. But I would love if they could figure out a way for most of these characters- J'onn, M'Gann, Brainy, Nia, and Alex, at least- to continue. Hell, if they make Legends a good show again and not a parody, move them over there, since Sara will be the only original left. The toughest would be Alex, since hers and Kara's relationship is so important to both of them and is such a strong part of their characters, but I hate that she finally gets a superhero identity and we only get to see it for one season.

I'm amazed how long Kara has been stuck in the Phantom Zone.
    I was surprised that we didn't cut away to see her in the Zone for the past two episodes.

Astonishing Member

J'onn should migrate to the Superman show. Don't need the others. Did Kara and Kevin do the motel trip after the prom? That is usual in the small town customs.

It's reflected sunlight, not refracted. Why doesn't moonlight burn up Dracula? Huh?

Supergirl was healed by grass back in Season 4. Is moonlight really that much of a stretch at this point?
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    J'onn should migrate to the Superman show. Don't need the others. Did Kara and Kevin do the motel trip after the prom? That is usual in the small town customs.

It's reflected sunlight, not refracted. Why doesn't moonlight burn up Dracula? Huh?
    Without evidence to the contrary I'm still assuming Mon-El was her first time.

I liked the campyness, but please bring Adult Kara back now.

Without evidence to the contrary I'm still assuming Mon-El was her first time.
    I'd be happy if we were never given evidence of her first time. Better if we're left to speculate.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd be happy if we were never given evidence of her first time. Better if we're left to speculate.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that much.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I guess that's half the fun .