Page 333 of 374 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 5596
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The "Get Woke Go Broke" idiots are already claiming victory with this. Because somehow going six seasons is "going broke."

The one thing I won't miss is the toxicity this show received.
    Guess they must have jumped for joy when Star Trek got axed after 3 years.

6 years is GOOD and resaonable for syndication.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Kinda wondering if the age of the CW as the superhero network is winding down.
    As long as WB has a financial connection to the CW, it will be the #1 network to see DC characters.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Yeah I had a guy on my FB page comment trying to tell me that it wasn't ending it was being cancelled. Like that meant more. I'm like dumbass, every show that ended was cancelled.

Kinda wondering if the age of the CW as the superhero network is winding down.

I'm hearing now it was a mutual decision between the CW, the producers, and Benoist due to a number of factors, including the numerous delays and declining viewership. But I think it says a lot of how much the network values the show that they not only gave it one more season to wrap everything up, but gave them 20 episodes when earlier reports (before the announcement) was saying Season 6 would be a short season.

As for if the CW superhero age is winding down.... I don't think it's winding down, but I think it reached the apex with Crisis on Infinite Earths, and it's begun the arc down. But you still have Flash that's expected to go through at least Season 8, you have Stargirl moving over full time, Superman and Lois is just getting started; you have Black Lightning, Batwoman (for at least 1 more season unless this new one tanks so bad that they cancel it mid-season), and Legends is cheap to produce, so it's still there. And there's STILL been no news on Green Arrow and the Canaries, though it's looking like it's doubtful that will get picked up.

That news made me sad.

Also, I wonder, are we experiencing a changing of the guard in the CW verse?
    First Arrow, now Supergirl, with new shows taking their place, might The Flash and Legends be next?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    That news made me sad.

First Arrow, now Supergirl, with new shows taking their place, might The Flash and Legends be next?
    The Flash should easily make it to at least ten seasons as long as Gustin wants to do it. LoT, on the hand, probably has only a year or two left.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm partial to the ending of her living in the 31st century with Mon-El ending myself.
    Fine with me. That could be her version of Ollie's heaven.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    As long as WB has a financial connection to the CW, it will be the #1 network to see DC characters.
    I have a feeling the HBO Max might disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I have a feeling the HBO Max might disagree.
    HBO will give them a run for their money, but I still think the CW will have the most shows at any given time.

I'm not a fan of this show, but I liked Seasons 1 and 2. I also liked her romance with Mon-El, so my hope is that Kara goes to the future and marries him haha. That would would be the best finale for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    That news made me sad.

I don't know if it has been finalized, but Grant was wanting to go to at least Season 8, and maybe more. Since I think it's still the most popular of the CW DC shows, it won't be going anywhere for a while. As for Legends- my personal feelings of the show aside, it has a short season and a relatively low budget, so I don't see it going anywhere. Heck, even if most of the cast wanted to leave, the show was designed to have a rotating cast, so they could always pull new people from the supporting casts of other shows.

The show that concerns me is Black Lightning. Is it just me, or do they not really promote that show at all? I occasionally see commercials, but I don't see the kind of advertisement the others shows have gotten outside of it's first season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    HBO will give them a run for their money, but I still think the CW will have the most shows at any given time.
    Yeah, I assume CW shows are cheaper to produce anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The show that concerns me is Black Lightning. Is it just me, or do they not really promote that show at all? I occasionally see commercials, but I don't see the kind of advertisement the others shows have gotten outside of it's first season.
    Hopefully that will change now that "Arrow" is gone, "Supergirl" is ending, "Batwoman" has a new unfamiliar lead and Black Lightning now shares the same earth as the other shows. I really want to see him pop up on "Flash" - he and Barry got off to a great start during "Crisis" and I want to see Jefferson interact with the rest of Team Flash.

Extraordinary Member

I have a funny feeling that hbo max will have more live action dc shows then cw.
    In fact maybe more animated and over stuff as well.
    One of reasons the hbo max shows will have shorter seasons and less filler or no filler and less seasons and mini-series.
    They will take more of movie approach and move on to the next dc character faster and this will give them more chances to tell more stories that they can't do on normal tv or the big screen movies.
    Like Disney plus and hulu.

Hbo max is already catching up too the cw and they still have more announcements to go,plus they said there is going to be hbomax dc movies as well.
    The trench and that amazon movie could be on there as well and blue beetle.

Here is list of cw and hbo max shows so far and coming.
    This list is for shows that will begin or continue from somewhere else.
    So i will not include swamp thing.

Live action
    CW
    Smallville
    The CW (seasons 6–10)

Arrow
    The Flash
    Supergirl
    Legends of Tomorrow
    Black Lightning
    Batwoman
    Stargirl
    Superman & Lois
    Green Arrow and the Canaries
    iZombie
    Animated
    CW Seed
    Web series, shorts series
    Vixen
    Freedom Fighters: The Ray
    Constantine: City of Demons
    Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons
    HBO Max
    Titans
    HBO Max (since season 3)

Doom Patrol
    HBO Max (since season 2)

Zack Snyder's Justice League
    A four-hour miniseries director's cut of the 2017 theatrical film.

Peacemaker
    DC's Strange Adventures
    Untitled Green Lantern series
    DC Super Hero High
    Untitled Justice League Dark series
    Untitled Gotham City Police Department series
    DMZ
    Animated
    Young Justice
    HBO Max (since season 4)

Harley Quinn
    HBO Max (since season 3)
    Web series, shorts series
    Aquaman: King of Atlantis
    3 episode mini-series. Executive produced by James Wan.

Unknown or TBD
    BizarroTV
    Last edited by mace11; 09-23-2020 at 04:19 PM.

I have an idea for the ending. Now that Superman is back on Earth full time, various events make Kara decide to move to Argo City to live with her mom.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hopefully that will change now that "Arrow" is gone, "Supergirl" is ending, "Batwoman" has a new unfamiliar lead and Black Lightning now shares the same earth as the other shows. I really want to see him pop up on "Flash" - he and Barry got off to a great start during "Crisis" and I want to see Jefferson interact with the rest of Team Flash.
    And I would’ve liked to see the rest of team lightning interacting with the other heroes, particularly gambi.