Page 133 of 374 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 5596
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Calista Flockhart, Teri Hatcher, and Lynda Carter all trying to outchew the scenery was fantastic, as was Cat in general.
    Teri wins it between the three. Between Lynda doing that Hillary impersonation that sounds like she has a bad set of dentures in her mouth and Calista trying to mediate peace between two worlds, Rhea wins it hands down.

Lena in that red dress, WOWZERS!!
    She was insanely beautiful there.
    So Kara "loves" Lena and Mon-el. You know show, you want to be "progressive," a three-way polyamorous relationship is very rarely done on TV these days. Just a thought.
    Heh. I think we can rule that one out, right?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

That Air Force One scene was pretty good.

Retired

From what we know of Prince Mon-El's life on Daxam, I can imagine he's open to any and every kind of sexual arrangement. Daxamites are not as uptight as their Kryptonian cousins--that's probably why the two planets never got along.

Ultimate Member

Heck not only was he totally cool with Alex being gay, he was surprised that anyone on Earth wouldn't be because, on Daxam it's "the more the merrier" (his words not mine).

I really hope they're not doing what I think they'll do with Lena.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I really hope they're not doing what I think they'll do with Lena.
    Whatcha think they're doing?

I have to say that honestly Cat Grant's part in this show has continually mystified me. Her and the President were acting as dumb as possible in this episode. Yes, let's taunt the invader with an armada. Let's taunt and FLY at her as well and get blown up. She's a strong woman and that's great but I'm continually surprised that she's treated as somehow a key part of the story.

And yes I think it continues to go without saying that Cat has to know Kara is Supergirl. If she can see through the Flash and Guardian's disguoses like THAT *mimics how she did it to Barry* it's pretty much impossible for her not to know.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

I have to say that honestly Cat Grant's part in this show has continually mystified me. Her and the President were acting as dumb as possible in this episode. Yes, let's taunt the invader with an armada. Let's taunt and FLY at her as well and get blown up. She's a strong woman and that's great but I'm continually surprised that she's treated as somehow a key part of the story.

And yes I think it continues to go without saying that Cat has to know Kara is Supergirl. If she can see through the Flash and Guardian's disguoses like THAT *mimics how she did it to Barry* it's pretty much impossible for her not to know.
    Have her turn evil most likely. And I agree that it'd be dumb, and doesn't fit the character that they've established her to be throughout this season. At the VERY least, they'd better have a REALLY compelling reason for it if it's even going to be quasi-believable. And no, "my friend lied to me" is nowhere near good enough.

Retired

Lena occupies a moral grey area. She has all season. Kind of like Max Lord from season 1. Sure, on the surface, she likes Kara. But she seems to have own agenda. The scene with her as a little girl playing chess with Lex showed that she plans her moves far ahead.

I found it funny this episode that Lillian Luthor was saying how much she loves her daughter, when she's admitted to hating Lena who looks like her true mother. You can't trust a word that comes out of a Luthor's mouth.

I have no problem with this. I like Lena and Kara together, but I don't expect their friendship to last.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

Cat DID know that easily. J'onn just helped Kara keep it buried by being one of the two for her.
    Last edited by klefmung; 05-17-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Aww yeah, Cat's back! She got some great lines, too. Funny lines, and a nice speech to the public and one to spur Supergirl into action. The only thing that didn't work for me was her initial conversation with Rhea. An alien armada is invading your planet and your best defense is "Hey, you're a woman, I'm a woman, our president's a woman...we shouldn't be fighting!" How the heck is that supposed to work?

I liked Cat recognizing James as Guardian too. And hey, Guardian was pretty useful with that spray thing Winn hooked him up with. He matched Alex's badass moments (her fleeing the DEO at the very beginning of the episode was freakin' sweet).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they've got a Hall of Justice .

I'm almost kind of surprised no one broached the topic after they'd all defeated the Dominators.
    I guess those heroes didn't want to suggest creating a team when the Legends are already there. If any show creates an actual Justice League, though, it should be Flash. Or if there is/was one on Supergirl's Earth, it'd be funny if Flash and Co. came up with the name independently.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Also i would prefer guardian (is that his name) have his comic color scheme. Blue gold and black are much better than silver.
    When he was talking about wanting to inspire people rather than frighten them, I thought it was going to lead to him adding some color to his suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So wait...Lena knows that Mon-El is Mike, Kara Danvers' boyfriend? How is she not going to put two-and-two together at this point, other then selective obliviousness? Granted, I also hope Lena isn't stupid or petty enough to turn on Supergirl, who's saved her numerous time and who she knows is a true hero, just because Kara never told her about her identity.
    I thought I almost heard a slip-up where Mon-El did refer to Supergirl as "Kara". In any case, once this is all over, and assuming Lena is alive and well, she'll reflect on the whole thing and then the picture will become clear.

Amazing Member

In the trailer for the finale it shows Rhea and Supergirl having a trial by combat. Without weapons and depowering Supergirl I don't see how that could be a fair fight. Supergirl has super strength, super speed, heat vision and ice breath. Rhea has what? Oh kinda super strength. If Kara doesn't throw her halfway across the galaxy I'm going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Have her turn evil most likely. And I agree that it'd be dumb, and doesn't fit the character that they've established her to be throughout this season. At the VERY least, they'd better have a REALLY compelling reason for it if it's even going to be quasi-believable. And no, "my friend lied to me" is nowhere near good enough.
    Well, if she loses her hair because of something Supergirl does, how could you expect anything else?

Sandy Hausler

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    The final episode is titled Nevertheless, She Persisted'
    I love how this show and SHIELD have basically been upfront with their commentary towards the current Administration. I really do.

Retired

I just had to look up "Nevertheless, She Persisted" to understand why that would have a political connotation in the U.S. Man, you Americans really expect a lot of us in the rest of the world. We have to constantly work to understand your culture and get your inside references, yet you never do anything to understand the rest of us on the planet. It's like you're all some reality TV star who constantly needs to inflate his ego and make us pay attention to everything he does. It's exhausting.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Lena occupies a moral grey area. She has all season. Kind of like Max Lord from season 1. Sure, on the surface, she likes Kara. But she seems to have own agenda. The scene with her as a little girl playing chess with Lex showed that she plans her moves far ahead.

I found it funny this episode that Lillian Luthor was saying how much she loves her daughter, when she's admitted to hating Lena who looks like her true mother. You can't trust a word that comes out of a Luthor's mouth.

I have no problem with this. I like Lena and Kara together, but I don't expect their friendship to last.
    Not really. Maxwell Lord's dark side was made obvious repeatedly by his ACTIONS, that we got to see onscreen. What have we seen Lena do so far:

-Be very charitable and work to solve problems. She uses her fortune to fight major problems builds hospitals for children, etc.
    -She turned on her own mother to stop that latter's genocide attempt.
    -She puts her own life on the line repeatedly to try and help out.
    -She was willing to go through with that forced marriage, to save a bunch of kids in a hospital.
    -Etc.

This is NOT a "morally grey" character. If she's meant to be, then the show has done a TERRIBLE job of actually showing it. What she played chess with Lex when they were kids, that simply shows how smart she is.

And again, having her go bad would be THE most predictable and cliché route that they could possibly go with this, on multiple levels. And it sends a terrible message as well.