Page 218 of 374 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 5596

OK, I may as well admit it. I'm in love with the actress who plays Imra.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    OK, I may as well admit it. I'm in love with the actress who plays Imra.
    Nothing to be ashamed about that there. Amy Jackson is truly a goddess. That breathy way of talking of hers does it for me, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Said it better than I could. Bravo.

Not the biggest fan of Mon-El, but as long as the actor's dating the lead he stays. *shrugs*
    Oh good I was afraid I was the only one who felt that way! #notalone

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Nothing to be ashamed about that there. Amy Jackson is truly a goddess. That breathy way of talking of hers does it for me, too.
    saaame she just needs to open her mouth and start talking and I'm convinced

Yep. That voice, melts me every time. Melissa Benoist better realize she has some strong competition for my worthy affections.

As far as the show is concerned, I think the Lena/Reign storyline is currently the best. I dig Lena's character right now -- she's showing true compassion for her friend and even heroism.

Ultimate Member

Take her and the female twin from The Gifted and I think that many guys would need a shower in Antarctica to get through the day...

Astonishing Member

Another yakity-yak fest on why we are too noble and/or stupid to kill a genocidal threat. Followed by a stupid fight scene, where the good guys stand around and are helpless. Trying to bop a Kryptonian level foe with the lamp post or recycling bin give me a break. Now, we have cape fight techniques - give me a break.

All the DC shows are suffering from heroes who can't 'pull the trigger' when needed. Even Ollie is playing this card. He wanted Diaz to tap out like in the dojo. Kill him and then sort it out.

Legion of Justice Wussies should be their organization. I do like Reign, I'm rooting for her to win and the world ending.

I was totally with Imra on that one.
    **** self-righteous morals!

Yeah, one should not go around killing random mooks as a hero. But genocidal monsters, who became evil WILLINGLY? It would be irresponsible NOT to.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I was totally with Imra on that one.
    **** self-righteous morals!

Yeah, one should not go around killing random mooks as a hero. But genocidal monsters, who became evil WILLINGLY? It would be irresponsible NOT to.
    Never understood why it was perfectly all right to kill every henchman that comes at them but they draw the line at killing the boss.

Anyway it's nice to see that the Worldkiller story line is starting to move along. And good to have Imra and Brainy back.

Speaking of hot woman, does anyone else think Reign, Purity, and Pestilence all look hotter than Sam, Julia, and Grace? At least they wear nicer makeup.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Never understood why it was perfectly all right to kill every henchman that comes at them but they draw the line at killing the boss.

Anyway it's nice to see that the Worldkiller story line is starting to move along. And good to have Imra and Brainy back.

Speaking of hot woman, does anyone else think Reign, Purity, and Pestilence all look hotter than Sam, Julia, and Grace? At least they wear nicer makeup.
    I believe, in TV Tropes' parlance, that's "Evil Is Sexy" coming into play. I had a long-winded explanation in mind, but it boils down to that.

As for the episode itself and the moral conflicts raised, I would say, "Because mooks have no faces, no names, and therefore nobody who cares about them (in the audience), whereas the boss has a name and a face and is thus automatically humanized and harder to justify killing (in the eyes of the audience)."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I believe, in TV Tropes' parlance, that's "Evil Is Sexy" coming into play. I had a long-winded explanation in mind, but it boils down to that.

As for the episode itself and the moral conflicts raised, I would say, "Because mooks have no faces, no names, and therefore nobody who cares about them (in the audience), whereas the boss has a name and a face and is thus automatically humanized and harder to justify killing (in the eyes of the audience)."
    In that case, I'll just call all of the big bosses "Redshirt". Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by elenita View Post
    Oh good I was afraid I was the only one who felt that way! #notalone
    Nope, not alone, not with your feelings on Mon-El, nor on your feelings on Amy Jackson. I don't have many celebrity crushes, but she's one. Beautiful is an understatement. *swoons*

Quote Originally Posted by elenita View Post
    I thought her points were all perfectly valid, both from a practical and emotional point of view.

I'm really disappointed with Mon-el's character this season. He isn't being a hero at all unless he gets to do it with Kara (he's constantly hanging out at the DEO with her while saying "Imra and Brainy are working on this or that"); his friendship with Winn and Alex and other team member that he used to have is nowhere to be found; and he isn't a good husband. He is seemingly even more self-absorbed, as he only cares about being with the girl he can't have. Literally his only function seems to be whining with Kara, and it's a shame and disgrace.

His wife watched her sister die, and he's not the least bit sympathetic or understanding of her view. Imra deserves someone better than him. He's become boring, and as handsome as he is I wish he would just leave the show.

rant over. anyone else just wanna punch him in the face?
    Wow. and I'm actually liking him more this season. Going against his wife- sure, that's a dick move, but he's just suffering from the same affliction that all of the heroes in this universe have against killing. Also, I think their marriage was political in nature and while they may have grown to care for one another, I have no doubt that come the end of the season Imra will let him go and leave him in the past to be with Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Yep. That voice, melts me every time. Melissa Benoist better realize she has some strong competition for my worthy affections.

As far as the show is concerned, I think the Lena/Reign storyline is currently the best. I dig Lena's character right now -- she's showing true compassion for her friend and even heroism.
    A note about Lena- Was it hubris? Did she genuinely believe that only she could cure Sam? Why not call in the DEO to help her? It felt like a Lex Luthor move- I'm going to prove that I'm the smartest person in the room and I'm going to figure this out, no matter who dies in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Nope, not alone, not with your feelings on Mon-El, nor on your feelings on Amy Jackson. I don't have many celebrity crushes, but she's one. Beautiful is an understatement. *swoons*
    Well, I have crushes on most of the ladies in this universe, and Amy Jackson is slowly but surely climbing up the list

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Wow. and I'm actually liking him more this season. Going against his wife- sure, that's a dick move, but he's just suffering from the same affliction that all of the heroes in this universe have against killing. Also, I think their marriage was political in nature and while they may have grown to care for one another, I have no doubt that come the end of the season Imra will let him go and leave him in the past to be with Kara.
    Or, Imra could die just as she finds out her sister is actually still alive. And come to find out her sister is a twin, meaning we keep Amy Jackson. Heck make her Shadow Lass since everyone thinks that's who Imra should have been anyway.

A note about Lena- Was it hubris? Did she genuinely believe that only she could cure Sam? Why not call in the DEO to help her? It felt like a Lex Luthor move- I'm going to prove that I'm the smartest person in the room and I'm going to figure this out, no matter who dies in the process.
    Well yes. This is why I don't think they'll ever make Lena outright evil like Lex: they don't have to. She's still a Luthor, and even a good one is subject to hubris like this that can move the plot along.

Well, I have crushes on most of the ladies in this universe, and Amy Jackson is slowly but surely climbing up the list
    All I know is I was like "Stop picking on Pestilence!" :P

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I definitely considered this about Lena. That remains a distinct possibility.