Page 233 of 374 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 5596
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    No doubt Miss Tessmacher is getting sick and tired of people screaming her name.
    Oh please! She gets paid every time they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Why are they speaking English on Argo?
    They're not, really. Just Hollywood Universal Translator.

Why is MM being referred to at Director Jones by the gun manufacturer if his civilian identity is Hank Henshaw
    Very good question. Oops.

Does the legion ring also provide strength as Kara was holding Mon-el as if he was nothing
    Legion ring should allow one to carry another person without problem. We're not really talking about a lot of weight.

Did that Eve development come out of absolutely left field for anywhere else? Why would a Yale graduate with a background in nuclear physics be an assistant at Catco? She’s James’s assistant right or did that change I can’t exactly remember.
    There's definitely something amiss with Miss Teshmacher. Likely, this is a plot point.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Dunno. I'm actually bugged by another thing (indirectly Clark related).

Remember how big of a deal Alex made when Kara wanted to spend a few days with Clark before he went back to Metropolis?

Now flash forward here where Alex is actively encouraging her to go away to her alien planet where in truth Kara could decide to leave her Earth life for good.

It can't even be seen as character growth for Alex because the show heavily emphasized the idea Alex was right in that first instance. It gave me a migraine watching this one in that scene.

As for him being known as Director J'Onnz now isn't that because of his public arrest when he took down Red Kryptonite Kara? The public might not know he's the head of the DEO but they clearly would know who he is publicly now. At least those who bother to know like the top folks in business, news and the government.
    I honestly don't remember that scene, but I always got the feeling that the Danvers (specifically Alex) just didn't like Superman on a personal level. So while Alex wouldn't want Kara to go off with her cousin, she could be more understanding about her going off to be with her mother. But I could also be projecting my feelings of this Superman, who immediately dumped his cousin off at a human family, and then didn't even stand up for them and protect Jeremiah when the DEO came knocking.

Something that I couldn't shake while watching this episode was how much it was reminding me, of all things, Lord of the Rings. Specifically, one of the last scenes in Return of the King when the Hobbits, back from the war, are enjoying a drink at the Green Dragon, and they realize that all of the people they knew that are all around them cannot understand what they've been through. "You can't go home again." Seeing Kara starting to realize that as her friend was talking about a Gazeebo facing the wrong way... it was kind of heartbreaking.

Incredible Member

How much time has passed for Argo? Kara was stuck in that warp thing and didn’t age so I’m that time Superman was able to fully grow up and establish himself as Superman followed by then Kara arriving followed by then Kara growing up. Shouldn’t people on Argo be significantly older?

How much time has passed for Argo? Kara was stuck in that warp thing and didn’t age so I’m that time Superman was able to fully grow up and establish himself as Superman followed by then Kara arriving followed by then Kara growing up. Shouldn’t people on Argo be significantly older?
    I think Kara's friend Thara was supposed to show that the people she knew as a child were significantly older. Thara was head of security, had two kids, and her husband was both greying and balding. The disconnect is her mother. I know they had to recast because Laura Benanti was doing Broadway and didn't want to move to Canada. And I like Erica Durance, and she does look older than the last time I saw her, which was on Smallville, but she doesn't look old ENOUGH to be Kara's mother after drifting in Argo for decades. I'd say I wish they put some grey in her hair, but they probably didn't do that because then the Producers would worry that the audience thought she was supposed to be Astra.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Does this show have the same writers as the Flash? I mean, talk about stumbling just before reaching the finishing line. This episode was terrible. The Argo storyline should be the emotional heart of an entire season not this tossed off, blase nonsense that has no business being introduced in the third last episode of the season. If the Flash suffered from drawing out a single, boring story this season, Supergirl has suffered by trying to cram in too much, ending up feeling diretcionless and sorely missing the stuff that made the show such a standout in its first season.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

"Bump stops"...oh boy. I know Supergirl likes to get political in the most heavy-handed way possible, and it's a nice gesture at least when it comes to feminism, but when a Martian who runs the Department of Extranormal Operations is the one to talk gun control, it's clear this is the wrong show for that subject. Arrow did it much better since Oliver was mayor and everyone else was a human and had a realistic take on the subject. Arrow dropped the ball with the ending of the episode, though. The bit where James and Lena, in a very respectful and civil way, agree to disagree felt a little too much as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just had a thought; since every Arrowverse series has a lead off into the next season of what will take place (Oliver in prison, Barry dealing with his future daughter, and the Legends doing Legends things), what if with Argo, Arrowverse Brainiac (the original, not 5) abducts Argo City?
    I could see Argo being abducted for whatever reason kicking off next season.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Something that I couldn't shake while watching this episode was how much it was reminding me, of all things, Lord of the Rings. Specifically, one of the last scenes in Return of the King when the Hobbits, back from the war, are enjoying a drink at the Green Dragon, and they realize that all of the people they knew that are all around them cannot understand what they've been through. "You can't go home again." Seeing Kara starting to realize that as her friend was talking about a Gazeebo facing the wrong way... it was kind of heartbreaking.
    That's a random comparison, but it is true where Kara is concerned. She ended up being right about that woman, but the way she just came at her and threatened her like that shows Kara will always be Supergirl, powers or not.

Amazing Member

http://www.autostraddle.com/supergir...r-kara-422300/

"Don’t you miss this? These conversations with just the two of you? Just Kara and Alex, Alex and Kara, two sisters at the center of it all? Because I do. I miss it so much."

This article perfectly says what I feel has been missing from the last half of Season 3.

Incredible Member

Well, those first 10 minutes were very rushed and then Sam disappeared until the end of the episode.

Maybe it is because the Kara/Mon-El relationship is still new compared to Olicity or Barry-Iris, or because Mon-El is one of the few characters I liked on these show, but this is the only couple I still like in the Arrowverse so far. And at least MM was the one who ended the guns' subplot, so I can say I enjoyed this episode since three of my favorite charcters had the spotlight. I really dislike Alex, James and Winn.

Also, I think that rock would be this show version of Black Kryptonite, and just like Davis-Doomsday on Smallville, Reign now exists as an independent being to Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    As for him being known as Director J'Onnz now isn't that because of his public arrest when he took down Red Kryptonite Kara? The public might not know he's the head of the DEO but they clearly would know who he is publicly now. At least those who bother to know like the top folks in business, news and the government.
    Exactly, he doesn't have a secret identity anymore, but still prefers to use Hank Henshaw's look, because people would be more comfortable that way.

Astonishing Member

That was a really weird article to me at least.

But in fairness I've never particularly cared about Alex as a character. She is fun. But it's just really odd to see Kara have a sister (adoptive or otherwise). It SHOULD actually alter her character in ways the show never really has. And it doesn't help that for the longest time Alex was mostly around in regards to Kara to be the one who guilts her for something or other. You could write Alex as Kara's best friend growing up or somesuch and it'd really not change anything about Alex's story. I actually tend to forget she's Kara's SISTER watching the show since she doesn't exist anywhere else yet.

I do think the article definitely brings up some good points that the format of the show has been changing, but honestly that's been super evident since Day 1. It's constantly been changing here and there. Season 1 to Season 2 alone was a huge change and it's not exactly shrunken in that regard changes wise.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elenita View Post
    http://www.autostraddle.com/supergir...r-kara-422300/

"Don’t you miss this? These conversations with just the two of you? Just Kara and Alex, Alex and Kara, two sisters at the center of it all? Because I do. I miss it so much."

This article perfectly says what I feel has been missing from the last half of Season 3.
    Yes, more Alex and Kara would be good but the main problem, I think, is the lack of Kara herself. Both in terms of the showing needing more of Supergirl in her civilian guise and of Supergirl in general. It's followed the CW road of becoming too much of an ensemble show. The supporting characters are largely great but she should remain at the centre of the show like she did in season 1, which for all of its problems, was easily the best. Not least because it wasn't just She-Flash but very much felt like its own thing with its own feel.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Does this show have the same writers as the Flash? I mean, talk about stumbling just before reaching the finishing line. This episode was terrible. The Argo storyline should be the emotional heart of an entire season not this tossed off, blase nonsense that has no business being introduced in the third last episode of the season. If the Flash suffered from drawing out a single, boring story this season, Supergirl has suffered by trying to cram in too much, ending up feeling diretcionless and sorely missing the stuff that made the show such a standout in its first season.
    AGREED. I was thinking that Reign and her defeat should have been the entire season, and Argo should have been next season. Kara leaving for Argo should have been the last shot of the season finale, not something crammed into the beginning on the third to last episode. Even keep Selena in the background, and have her be the driving force for Season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That's a random comparison, but it is true where Kara is concerned. She ended up being right about that woman, but the way she just came at her and threatened her like that shows Kara will always be Supergirl, powers or not.

I know. But her in that restaurant felt like the Hobbits in the Green Dragon to me. I also found it odd that Thara was so upset about a Gazeebo. Lady, you survived your entire planet blowing up! Be happy for what you have!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yes, more Alex and Kara would be good but the main problem, I think, is the lack of Kara herself. Both in terms of the showing needing more of Supergirl in her civilian guise and of Supergirl in general. It's followed the CW road of becoming too much of an ensemble show. The supporting characters are largely great but she should remain at the centre of the show like she did in season 1, which for all of its problems, was easily the best. Not least because it wasn't just She-Flash but very much felt like its own thing with its own feel.
    I agree. I miss her working at CatCo. I miss her being a reporter. We had a little of that earlier in this season, but it's been dropped since the midseason hiatus. I would have enjoyed watching Kara Danvers investigate Reign to find out more about her, rather than the team effort we got.

I think the problem with that is they haven't found anyone that Kara gels with as much in a student/mentor role more than Cat Grant. Snapper Carr was annoying to me, though I warmed up to him at the end of last season; and she just doesn't have any chemistry with James. Kara and Lena have great chemistry, but she's a Luthor so you expect her to be working in the tech field and not journalism. Heck, even though she bought Catco, she still delegated the Editor role to someone else. So we need a new Cat Grant- type character for Kara Danvers to play off of, IMO.

Let me ask the room at large- would it have made Alex a more interesting character if she and Kara had an antagonistic relationship, and grew to love one another over the course of the series? Lets face it- she could blame Kara (and Clark!) for her father's death, and resent Kara for all of the attention her mother gave her and the pressure her mother put on her to protect her. So what if, at the start of the show, she had been the one to shoot Kara out of the sky, and had been in firm agreement with Hank that Kara should go back to fetching coffee. But as the story progressed, they started working through their issues and became closer, and by the end of Season 1 they had become true sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Let me ask the room at large- would it have made Alex a more interesting character if she and Kara had an antagonistic relationship, and grew to love one another over the course of the series? Lets face it- she could blame Kara (and Clark!) for her father's death, and resent Kara for all of the attention her mother gave her and the pressure her mother put on her to protect her. So what if, at the start of the show, she had been the one to shoot Kara out of the sky, and had been in firm agreement with Hank that Kara should go back to fetching coffee. But as the story progressed, they started working through their issues and became closer, and by the end of Season 1 they had become true sisters.
    I dunno. I think the Danvers' sisters positive and strong relationship is kind of a big and important part of the show.

I feel like the only mileage they could get out of a bickering and resentful sister dynamic was in the Midvale episode.

The Kara-Alex sisterly relationship is fine.

But the Mon-El/Kara ship needs to sink harder than the Titanic.

I get that the two are dating in real life, but its felt more forced than almost any of the other Arrowverse ships, and that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I get that the two are dating in real life, but its felt more forced than almost any of the other Arrowverse ships, and that's saying something.
    I dunno. I thought the build-up and chemistry between Kara and Mon-El was better then how Arrow handled Olicity, or the relationship between Kara and Jimmy.