Page 345 of 374 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Supergirl was healed by grass back in Season 4. Is moonlight really that much of a stretch at this point?
    To be fair, I had forgotten about that. Just knowing that Kryptonians usually have to go into the sunlight to recharge, so it was odd to me to see it work with Moonlight.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd be happy if we were never given evidence of her first time. Better if we're left to speculate.
    That's what fanfiction is for

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Haven't watched in ages and still won't but saw this...
    Jimmy's sister picks up the Guardian mantle.....

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/497...s-new-guardian
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Haven't watched in ages and still won't but saw this...
    Jimmy's sister picks up the Guardian mantle.....

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/497...s-new-guardian
    She looks good in the suit. Definitely a better Guardian costume than Jimmy's.

At the same time...still feels wholly unnecessary.

So stupid and unfitting. Kelly was fine as emotional support.

She looks good in the suit. Aside from that, the only good thing I can say about this is that it at least makes a LITTLE more sense for her to be Guardian than James. Kelly, having been in the Army, would have gone through basic training. James was just a buff guy with a camera.

I maintain that Kelly is the result of someone in the writers room living out a fantasy vicariously through the character. She was perfectly acceptable when she first appeared, but starting in Season 5, she suddenly became whatever the plot needed, was seemingly perfect at everything, seeming knew how to do everything, and was in a relationship with one of the co-leads. And now she's a vigilante. She's a Mary Sue of epic proportions.

The behind the scenes juggling of events aside, we didn't really need this to be a two-parter. Although the younger versions of the characters did a great job, Brainy was fun as always, and Nia looked great in that dress.

Now let's get back to the present already, get all the characters back together, and gear up for a finale!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Kenny officially Kara's best love interest? He's basically what Malverne was supposed to be. I wonder if we'll see him in the present-day, although all those meteors he missed made me think the universe was trying to kill him again.
    He's hands down the best, and thankfully even Crisis seemed to agree he needed a second chance. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a present day version of him return and in the finale they hint at some kind of rekindling between him and Kara.

Nia giving the woman whose company she works for but has never personally met the idea for her entire company and brand image is...something. Although kind of feels like we're vilifying Perry White here.
    That's a weird paradox because how did Cat Grant become, well, Cat Grant before this?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    These... villains... are...AWFUL. And not in 'they are bad guys', but in 'these guys were rejected from Doctor Who in the 70's, and then rejected from the Sara Jane Chronicles decades later'. Just..... swing and a miss.
    I was thinking more the lovechildren of Yondu and Kraglin from the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

I know the cancellation is partly due to ratings, and partly due to Melissa wanting to leave. But I would love if they could figure out a way for most of these characters- J'onn, M'Gann, Brainy, Nia, and Alex, at least- to continue. Hell, if they make Legends a good show again and not a parody, move them over there, since Sara will be the only original left. The toughest would be Alex, since hers and Kara's relationship is so important to both of them and is such a strong part of their characters, but I hate that she finally gets a superhero identity and we only get to see it for one season.
    Well, Legends did just remind of us the history between Alex and Sara, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That's a weird paradox because how did Cat Grant become, well, Cat Grant before this?
    When in doubt, just say...Crisis .
    I was thinking more the lovechildren of Yondu and Kraglin from the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.
    Now the question is whether they were goofy even by MCU Guardians standards.

To be fair, I had forgotten about that. Just knowing that Kryptonians usually have to go into the sunlight to recharge, so it was odd to me to see it work with Moonlight.
    Moonlight is just the light reflected from a yellow star, so sure, why not? Nothing says it has to be direct sunlight. If it were sunlight reflected from a mirror I don't think anyone would mind.

Mighty Member

This is a great episode to watch on Halloween night.

I didn't personally mind an episode about the cast facing their greatest fears in sequence, but it just kind of emphasized to me how the final season of Supergirl has been more her supporting cast than actually about Supergirl (I know part of this is COVID and the original intention behind writing her out, but still).

When did Kara pull Zor-El out of the building before it exploded?

Is M'Gann patrolling National City as Miss Martian or as Supergirl?

The Tower turning out to be a ship was pretty cool, although I probably should have seen it coming .

I'm glad that wasn't real because both that Phantom and Alex both getting a drop on Martian Manhunter was a bit much.

Have Lena and Nia ever interacted before this?

The effects on that Kelpie weren't half bad. I forget Lena's Irish on her biological mom's side.

I figured it definitely wasn't real because not even the real Brainy is that dumb enough to bring up Nia's mom like that.

Brainy being afraid of balloons and J'onn not knowing how to unpack that was hilarious.

It was nice to see J'onn get a big win at the end with the Phantom. In a battle of the minds, of course Martian Manhunter would win. Kind of wish we had seen his martian face, but small favors .

I take it Kelly pulling some cool moves and blocking that Phantom with her shield is going to inspire her to become a Guardian...because I guess there's just no room for normal people on this show. I mean, I thought it was a stretch she went on this mission to begin with, but she seems a more natural fit for team therapist.

It was nice to see Kara's efforts re-inspire Zor-El's optimism and hope. I also liked him mentioning his brother as the people he had lost. I'm still not thinking he's long for this world .

It was nice to see Kara's efforts re-inspire Zor-El's optimism and hope. I also liked him mentioning his brother as the people he had lost. I'm still not thinking he's long for this world .
    The actor playing Zor-El recently gave an interview which brought up a good point- in the comics, there were two ways the character could go. There is the benevolent scientist, or he could become Cyborg Superman.

If the show was going beyond Season 6, I could see him being transformed into Cyborg Superman in the season finale to be the threat in Season 7. As it is, if they try to do Cyborg Superman this season, I can only see it as the Imp from the Phantom Zone transforming him. And if that happens, well... Myxy is supposed to be back later this season, so he could always undo it.

The actor playing Zor-El recently gave an interview which brought up a good point- in the comics, there were two ways the character could go. There is the benevolent scientist, or he could become Cyborg Superman.

If the show was going beyond Season 6, I could see him being transformed into Cyborg Superman in the season finale to be the threat in Season 7. As it is, if they try to do Cyborg Superman this season, I can only see it as the Imp from the Phantom Zone transforming him. And if that happens, well... Myxy is supposed to be back later this season, so he could always undo it.
    Zor-El does have a bad habit of going evil...

I wonder if SM&L would do their own take on Cyborg-Superman.

Over 3,5 months of break for Kara now. But at least the episode was nice. And as I expected, a certain Imp survived and is sure to cause more trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Over 3,5 months of break for Kara now. But at least the episode was nice. And as I expected, a certain Imp survived and is sure to cause more trouble.
    Yeah, nothing says, "We can write the rest of the show to have whatever we want to happen happen" more than a 5D Imp.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, nothing says, "We can write the rest of the show to have whatever we want to happen happen" more than a 5D Imp.
    Well, Myxy comes back as well, so I wonder how long we'll actually have Nyxly as the Big Bad.