Page 310 of 374 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 5596

EK4kJPqVUAAA73j.jpg

Interesting picture from Canadagraphs from the filming of Supergirl's 100th episode. It looks like she is about to reveal her identity to the press. I wonder if they are going to be following what the comics are currently doing, with Kara revealing her identity instead of Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    EK4kJPqVUAAA73j.jpg

Interesting picture from Canadagraphs from the filming of Supergirl's 100th episode. It looks like she is about to reveal her identity to the press. I wonder if they are going to be following what the comics are currently doing, with Kara revealing her identity instead of Clark.
    The 100th episode is titled "It's a Super Life" so I imagine it'll be a "It's a Wonderful Life" variant of what would happen if Kara outed her identity.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It may just be the goodwill engendered by Melissa Benoist's incredibly brave and powerful public statement about her own experiences with physical abuse but this episode was the most I've enjoyed the show in a while. Sure, I'm still not sure about Leviathan being what they are and the basis for Lena's gripe with Supergirl still doesn't ring true but that was a nicely focused story that nicely tapped into the recurring theme of Kara's faith in people and a nice reminder that J'onn is cut from the same cloth. Plus, Melissa and Katie do sell the hell out of the emotions of their fall out, elevating weak material in a way that less impressive actresses certainly wouldn't.

And yeah, I ain't gonna lie, the lack of Kelly is always a good thing. I don't know what it is about this show but however well they do with the El, Luthor, J'onzz, and Danvers families, they can not seem to make the Olsens anything but massively boring. Jimmy was a total misfire from the beginning and Kelly just hasn't grown into a character of any interest whatsoever.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

EK4kJPqVUAAA73j.jpg

Unless the 100th ep is airing during mardi gras...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Unless the 100th ep is airing during mardi gras...
    I hate you for saying that....and I hate myself for laughing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I hate you for saying that....and I hate myself for laughing.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    It may just be the goodwill engendered by Melissa Benoist's incredibly brave and powerful public statement about her own experiences with physical abuse but this episode was the most I've enjoyed the show in a while. Sure, I'm still not sure about Leviathan being what they are and the basis for Lena's gripe with Supergirl still doesn't ring true but that was a nicely focused story that nicely tapped into the recurring theme of Kara's faith in people and a nice reminder that J'onn is cut from the same cloth. Plus, Melissa and Katie do sell the hell out of the emotions of their fall out, elevating weak material in a way that less impressive actresses certainly wouldn't.

And yeah, I ain't gonna lie, the lack of Kelly is always a good thing. I don't know what it is about this show but however well they do with the El, Luthor, J'onzz, and Danvers families, they can not seem to make the Olsens anything but massively boring. Jimmy was a total misfire from the beginning and Kelly just hasn't grown into a character of any interest whatsoever.
    Agreed to all of that. Maybe Kelly will be erased in the Crisis. One could hope...

Agreed to all of that. Maybe Kelly will be erased in the Crisis. One could hope...
    I enjoyed season 4 a lot more without all the romantic entanglements, which took a downturn when Kelly showed up. Fast forward through her scenes when I rewatch. Glad William doesn't seem to be a thing right now too.

EK0I-RxUYAEWdro.jpg

From Hollywood North.

Random thought, but Black Lightning has a black reporter character named "Olsen," so I wonder if Post-Crisis they retcon her into being related to Jimmy...
    EK0I-RxUYAEWdro.jpg

From Hollywood North.
    So I'm expecting a dream episode where Kara imagines she outs herself to avoid the guilt she feels over lying to Lena, but it doesn't end well and we go back to reality by the end of the episode.

I think Smallville did a similar plot.

I think they might actually pull the trigger on this and get rid of the secret ID. Is there really a point to Catco anymore? Everyone in her life knows at this point (except maybe Dreamer?)

I'm sure someone already knows if Lena makes it out of this season, but I could see Kara doing this if Lena ends up dying and she reveals herself as a "no more lies" statement to the world. (also, look at Benoist - she looks sad or guilty. It doesn't seem to be a proud moment)

I think they might actually pull the trigger on this and get rid of the secret ID. Is there really a point to Catco anymore? Everyone in her life knows at this point (except maybe Dreamer?)

I'm sure someone already knows if Lena makes it out of this season, but I could see Kara doing this if Lena ends up dying and she reveals herself as a "no more lies" statement to the world. (also, look at Benoist - she looks sad or guilty. It doesn't seem to be a proud moment)
    Melissa Benoist looks too good in glasses to drop Kara Danvers .

To be honest, I would find it kinda boring if Kara were Supergirl 100% of the time and just worked at the DEO, even if the shows have always had problems focusing what the heroes do outside their Superhero lives. And, I mean, she just won a pullitzer, so it seems like a waste to basically quite her civilian identity.

Besides, Catco is still relevant so long as Andrea is a main character.

She told Dreamer last season. The episode where she goes with Nia back to her hometown, and Nia's sister ends up rejecting her because she felt that she should be the one with dream powers since she was born a girl. Alex had just had her memory wiped, and pretty much rejected Supergirl. So Kara revealed her identity to Nia to show her that she knew what Nia was going through.

I don't think she'll die, but it's not certain that Katie will come back next season. Her contract is up at the end of this season, and there's been no talk her her renewing it or not renewing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how much it is relevant, though, now that they seem to be focusing more on Acrata than her human identity. It also begs the question- will she be around for the long term, or is she just here for the season. And if so, who runs CatCo next season.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of CatCo and Kara's job as a reporter, and I loved that they made it a focus last season. But again it seems to be loosing relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Melissa Benoist looks too good in glasses to drop Kara Danvers .

To be honest, I would find it kinda boring if Kara were Supergirl 100% of the time and just worked at the DEO, even if the shows have always had problems focusing what the heroes do outside their Superhero lives. And, I mean, she just won a pullitzer, so it seems like a waste to basically quite her civilian identity.

Whole episodes go by without Kara being at CatCo. This one for example, Kara wore the costume the entire episode except a shot of her sitting on her sofa. Just because Kara isn't working at CatCo doesn't
    mean she has to be Supergirl all the time. She could be at home baking pies and pastries on her off time.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Whole episodes go by without Kara being at CatCo. This one for example, Kara wore the costume the entire episode except a shot of her sitting on her sofa. Just because Kara isn't working at CatCo doesn't
    mean she has to be Supergirl all the time. She could be at home baking pies and pastries on her off time.
    I...don't think that would really interest people .

(Also wouldn't give her an excuse to wear glasses).