Page 290 of 374 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 5596
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I can only think of two at the moment:

Spider-Man: "with great power comes great responsibility".
    Batman: "it's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me".

No idea what Supergirl's one is, if she has any specific one, that can be summed-up in a single quote.
    "Truth, Justice...", and whether you have the "American Way" business or not, is a moral lesson. But moral lessons don't need catchy phrases. The general good vs evil is more often than not a morality lesson.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    are the Saturn Awards really relevant, though?

Tell me when a DC show is at least nominated for an Emmy or so.
    Just read an article on TV Line that NO broadcast drama show has won an Emmy in 13 years. Nothing from ABC, CBS, NBC. From 2012 to 2016, zero broadcast shows were nominated for Best Drama.
    So Supergirl not winning an Emmy for Best Drama is in good company. OTOH, how many broadcast shows have won a Saturn Award?

https://tvline.com/2019/09/23/emmys-...t-list-wrapper

Then again not as many people watch the Emmy's anyway.

https://tvline.com/2019/09/23/rating...w-emmy-awards/
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 09-23-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Looks like Kara's been hitting the bottle again.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Hmmm, National City Tar Pits Museum. As in the La Brea tar pits in Los Angeles? I guess this sort of lends credence to National City being the Earth-38 counterpart to our Earth's Los Angeles.
    Though in La Brea I don't recall there being any dinosaurs. Just prehistoric mammals. Anyone know where this was filmed at? Seems to be a lot of trouble to just a set for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Hmmm, National City Tar Pits Museum. As in the La Brea tar pits in Los Angeles? I guess this sort of lends credence to National City being the Earth-38 counterpart to our Earth's Los Angeles.
    Though in La Brea I don't recall there being any dinosaurs. Just prehistoric mammals. Anyone know where this was filmed at? Seems to be a lot of trouble to just a set for the show.
    According to Canadagraphs, they were filming in a place called The Shipyards near Lonsdale Quay. And National City was always supposed to be an analogue to Los Angeles; it was just easier to pull off when they actually filmed there instead of in Canada.

Astonishing Member

Saw a blurb that this season will concentrate more on relationships than last season. Oh, Rao.

Probably watch on fast forward. I care not about the love life, want a baby, coming out of the characters. Plenty of better dramas around. Superhero show - do super stuff as primary. Relationships are secondary or tertiary to me.

I wonder if we’re going to see supergirl fighting animated dinosaurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Saw a blurb that this season will concentrate more on relationships than last season. Oh, Rao.

Probably watch on fast forward. I care not about the love life, want a baby, coming out of the characters. Plenty of better dramas around. Superhero show - do super stuff as primary. Relationships are secondary or tertiary to me.
    I just hope Mon-El won't return

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just hope Mon-El won't return
    I'm pretty sure the focus will be on the relationship between Lena and Kara.

I get why Lena would be upset- EVERYONE in Kara's life knew she's Supergirl, and she had to find out from Lex. But for that being the reason to seek revenge against Kara, I just want to shake Lena and scream 'Don't be so vain!'

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post

Yeah, I find myself fast forwarding through the Alex-Maggie, Kelly-James, and Alex-Kelly stuff. Not really that interested in people talking about their feelings either. I would say as a bonus it takes less time to watch an episode.
    But I tend to rewind the Supergirl fight scenes so it probably takes about the same amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm pretty sure the focus will be on the relationship between Lena and Kara.

I get why Lena would be upset- EVERYONE in Kara's life knew she's Supergirl, and she had to find out from Lex. But for that being the reason to seek revenge against Kara, I just want to shake Lena and scream 'Don't be so vain!'
    Lena is a big hypocrite. Kara forgave Lena for hiding kryptonite and harunel from her. These were thing that could actually physically hurt Kara. But Lena gets all whiny and vindictive because her feelings get hurt.
    Kara better damn well point this out to Lena when Lena starts throwing a hissy fit at her. But I feel the writers are just going to have Kara stand there with a befuddled look.

Yeah, I find myself fast forwarding through the Alex-Maggie, Kelly-James, and Alex-Kelly stuff. Not really that interested in people talking about their feelings either. I would say as a bonus it takes less time to watch an episode.
    But I tend to rewind the Supergirl fight scenes so it probably takes about the same amount of time.
    That seems unlikely.

There's significantly more of the former than there is the latter. I mean, even if you include the fight scenes where Supergirl is defeated and/or rendered helpless in some way until someone saves her (so, basically every fight scene), there'd still be a very heavy leaning towards the 'relationship' stuff.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

I actually really liked the Alex/Maggie stuff, and really wish they had either cast an actress would would have been open to becoming a regular, or resolved the relationship in a better way than 'Oops, we're getting married in a few week and never talked about kids. Don't want them? Bye.'

The less Keilly is on my screen, the better. I can't understate how much I hate her character.

[quote[ Lena is a big hypocrite. Kara forgave Lena for hiding kryptonite and harunel from her. These were thing that could actually physically hurt Kara. But Lena gets all whiny and vindictive because her feelings get hurt.
    Kara better damn well point this out to Lena when Lena starts throwing a hissy fit at her. But I feel the writers are just going to have Kara stand there with a befuddled look.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right- on both counts. Given the number of times that Kara has saved Lena, they should just be able to talk it out over lunch. But no, Lena is going to get pissy, and Kara will take it because she's too nice to point out what a hypocrite Lena is.

Mighty Member

Wonder if the season premiere tonight will give any clue of what Monitor did with Lex?

Mighty Member

Lena has finally embraced her dark side. Lex would be proud.