Page 342 of 374 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 5596

Totally called it on Nyxi. Wonder if she's really dead?

Also, seems like after Flash, it's now Supergirl's turn to do the Legends

And what was with bringing back the intro after a whole season and several episodes of not using it?

Not that I mind, just felt kind of random.

One of the unexpected benefits of destroying the DEO and moving to the Tower is that there aren't a lot of extras walking around. If they had all still been at the DEO, I don't know how they would have done that with Covid protocols active.

Having just watched It, it really felt like the Losers' Club going into the sewers to save Beverly. And I kinda wish Alex had said "Now I gotta kill this fucking phantom."

Nixly has some serious daddy issues. And of course she isn't dead, but I do wonder if Zor El is. I feel like he isn't though, like there's more story to tell for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    One of the unexpected benefits of destroying the DEO and moving to the Tower is that there aren't a lot of extras walking around. If they had all still been at the DEO, I don't know how they would have done that with Covid protocols active.
    It's kind of slipped my mind how little we've seen of the DEO this season.
    Nixly has some serious daddy issues. And of course she isn't dead, but I do wonder if Zor El is. I feel like he isn't though, like there's more story to tell for him.
    I don't think they'd kill of Zor-El without making it more emotional for Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of slipped my mind how little we've seen of the DEO this season.

I'm pretty sure the DEO is finished. Their downtown headquarters was destroyed last season, I don't think they've even MENTIONED the desert base since the first episode of Season 2, and there are no more recognizable faces working for the agency anyway- Alex, J'onn both quit, and Brainy was Director when the DEO fell, so he's out of a job.

Incidentally, the Medbay in the Tower- does that remind anyone else of the Hub from Torchwood? All that tile reminds me of the morgue in that base.

I'm pretty sure the DEO is finished. Their downtown headquarters was destroyed last season, I don't think they've even MENTIONED the desert base since the first episode of Season 2, and there are no more recognizable faces working for the agency anyway- Alex, J'onn both quit, and Brainy was Director when the DEO fell, so he's out of a job.

Incidentally, the Medbay in the Tower- does that remind anyone else of the Hub from Torchwood? All that tile reminds me of the morgue in that base.
    It was such a huge part of the show that it feels weird it's not even a factor in the final season.

It was such a huge part of the show that it feels weird it's not even a factor in the final season.
    Catco's barely factored in either. I'm sure Covid affected a lot of things, but it seems all about the Super Friends.

I think the writing was on the wall for the DEO as soon as it was revealed it was owned by Lex after Crisis. I do get what you are saying, and maybe later this season the government will re-institute the DEO under new management, but I think they are really gone.

Plus, in a way it was fitting that they were destroyed by Leviathan. About the only tie they had to the Leviathan story in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Catco's barely factored in either. I'm sure Covid affected a lot of things, but it seems all about the Super Friends.
    I think Catco hasn't factored much yet this season because the story has been focused on getting Kara back and stopping the Phantom. And these next two episodes will be time travel, though we will see a young Cat Grant, so we may see the genesis of CatCo. Now if only they can get Calista back for a few episodes....

I think the writing was on the wall for the DEO as soon as it was revealed it was owned by Lex after Crisis. I do get what you are saying, and maybe later this season the government will re-institute the DEO under new management, but I think they are really gone.

Plus, in a way it was fitting that they were destroyed by Leviathan. About the only tie they had to the Leviathan story in the comics.
    Yeah, but I don't feel like TV Leviathan deserved to take the DEO down.

Yeah, but I don't feel like TV Leviathan deserved to take the DEO down.
    Oh god no! They sucked! They had the potential to do a season long spy thriller, and instead they turned it into yet ANOTHER group of aliens from Krypton's home system that wanted to rule Earth. Which made it 4 out of 5 seasons where that was the overall plot.

Oh god no! They sucked! They had the potential to do a season long spy thriller, and instead they turned it into yet ANOTHER group of aliens from Krypton's home system that wanted to rule Earth. Which made it 4 out of 5 seasons where that was the overall plot.
    And they weren't even that developed as antagonists. They completely forgot about their leader.

And they weren't even that developed as antagonists. They completely forgot about their leader.
    It makes me wonder- did they want Leviathan to be the Big Bad of the season, but then they got back Cryer as Lex for Crisis and decided to make him the Big Bad, and Leviathan just fell by the wayside? Or had they always planned to break up the big threats into 'Graphic Novels', like they are doing over on The Flash now, and for whatever reason Leviathan just wasn't fleshed out enough?

It makes me wonder- did they want Leviathan to be the Big Bad of the season, but then they got back Cryer as Lex for Crisis and decided to make him the Big Bad, and Leviathan just fell by the wayside? Or had they always planned to break up the big threats into 'Graphic Novels', like they are doing over on The Flash now, and for whatever reason Leviathan just wasn't fleshed out enough?
    I think they appreciated having Lex around and working him into their Post-Crisis story, and COVID probably effected some things.

Now I remember where I know Peta Sergeant from! She played the Jabberwocky on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. Kinda interesting that she plays a 5th dimensional imp on Supergirl, as did Peter Gadiot, who was also on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

Granted, we know Kara is okay, but that was hard to watch Alex and Lena go through that decision with her recording.

I'm hoping this Midvale payoff is worth the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Is it me or has Alex looked really haggard this season?
    I noticed that too, but I was thinking it might just be because that make-up isn't doing her any favors.

As opposed to when they killed Jeremiah off screen?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    As opposed to when they killed Jeremiah off screen?
    At least the Zor-El actor hasn't said anything problematic on twitter (as far as I'm aware)...