Page 101 of 374 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5596

So excluding the Krypton story lines, is this the first time a live action version of a Superman character has gone to another planet? Obviously nothing like this ever happened on The Adventures of Superman or Superboy.
    And I don't recall it happening on Lois & Clark or Smallville. Nor in any of the Superman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So excluding the Krypton story lines, is this the first time a live action version of a Superman character has gone to another planet? Obviously nothing like this ever happened on The Adventures of Superman or Superboy.
    And I don't recall it happening on Lois & Clark or Smallville. Nor in any of the Superman movies.
    Well, Smallville Clark did go to the Phantom Zone once...

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Right now Jimmy seems pretty useless as a character and could easily be sent back to Metropolis or something, the Guardian storyline is pretty much all that he has now...
    Mon-el is dangerously becoming this show's Felicity.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I am reasonably sure they can, now that he's president. It's complicated since his name is also his business brand and trademark. Can't imagine they would actually want to piss off half the country by referencing him in any meaningful way.
    It's already established that Lynda Carter is president, right?

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    I don't think Mon-El working better as a love interest then Jimmy and supplanting his screentime instantly makes him the Felicity of the show, though I do think it speaks to some flaw's in the show's handling of Jimmy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Concession accepted.
    You are the one that is making the claim that goes against what is commonly known about Nazi Germany, so how about you back up your stuff instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Smallville Clark did go to the Phantom Zone once...
    Twice... once with lois and then again with ollie where they fight in the gladiator games.
    He also went to another dimension the one with ultraman. But never another planet i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Wonder if Alex will advise Kara to lose the glasses since she and Maggie agree it doesn't help with her secret identity?
    I Wonder why the Alex/Maggie relationship stuff, to which a fair amount of time has been devoted, warrants nary a mention here, but if anything happens between Oliver and Felicity on Arrow -- it's like the end of the world. Is a gay relationship less annoying than a heterosexual one? (I'm not against the Alex/Maggie relationship; I'm just struck by the different reaction on the boards.)

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Monel? I thought Win was the Felicity on Supergirl.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I Wonder why the Alex/Maggie relationship stuff, to which a fair amount of time has been devoted, warrants nary a mention here, but if anything happens between Oliver and Felicity on Arrow -- it's like the end of the world. Is a gay relationship less annoying than a heterosexual one? (I'm not against the Alex/Maggie relationship; I'm just struck by the different reaction on the boards.)

Sandy Hausler
    I have never understood the Felicity hate, not even a little bit.

@Sandy Hausler
    Because truthfully if you do say anything like that you will be called out as a homophobic bigot or be told you have straight privilege regardless of what you say.
    I have seen it happen before.

I'm not a fan of Alex being gay, I think she could work just as well being bi and I don't like the fact that so much time on Supergirl has been used to develop this storyline, then again I hate the guardian storyline and hate the mon-el/kara pairing.
    I think in most cases on the cw they put **** in for no reason other than drama, the way I think it should be handle on TV is similar to what happened recently on a episode of pure genius. Dr Wallace was treating his daughters friend Ali and they are talking and he asks about her studies and if she has a special someone, she says she does and he asks whats his name she replies Ali and there is no declaration and no fuss and it moves the story they are telling and provides him motivation that everyone can understand and like Eliza he is accepting of his daughter being with a girl so long as she is happy and not once do they address wither she is gay or bi which I think is good because everyone is happy, if a fan wants to write a story where she brings a guy to bunker hill (the hospital) that can work however if someone wants to write a story where she more or less came out they can do that too. Getting back to supergirl I would bet money that without too much hassle and very few changes you could have Alex come out as in love with a girl that's it. I'm starting to see a tread over the four shows where bisexual is being erased and no one gives a crap in the Arrow crossover event they had Sara say she preferred girls and they have treated her like it. They had a chance at the start of the season when she was in Salem to show her bisexuality and guess what she corrupted only the women, the first person to make her feel anything since the Lazarus pit was a woman , the fan preferred couple is with a woman. I'm getting the feeling as if you either straight or gay and their is no middle ground except their is and people go on about representation for gay people and yet it sometimes comes at the expense of a equal minority and no one has an issue with it except me of course.
    Truth is the best policy

I hate the bisexual erasure going on over on Legends of Tomorrow. But that doesn't seem to be what's happening here. There is no real previous sexuality to retcon with Alex.

You are not the only one hating what is happening over on Legends of Tomorrow. Google "Sara Lance bisexual erasure" and #SaraLanceIsBisexual". There are a lot of us angry about Sara's bisexuality being erased.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 01-24-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

Sandy Hausler
    Except that he's done nothing like Felicity did with Oliver, they didn't put Winn and Kara together and rush them into getting engaged to the point where he was everything to her and he was overly emotional and all, if anything between the two they'll pull the slow burn pairing that in the end he's the only guy that's always been there for her, never cared whether she was Kara or Supergirl without the foreknowledge that she had powers like Jimmy did for starters...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I hate the bisexual erasure going on over on Legends of Tomorrow. But that doesn't seem to be what's happening here. There is no real previous sexuality to retcon with Alex.

You are not the only one hating what is happening over on Legends of Tomorrow. Google "Sara Lance bisexual erasure" and #SaraLanceIsBisexual". There are a lot of us angry about Sara's bisexuality being erased.
    Some bisexuals are willing to have long-term monogamous relationships. So they will appear to be either homosexual or heterosexual exclusively, for the duration of that monogamous relationship.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Sandy Hausler
    Not until they force a romance between him and Kara. A crush isn't an automatic romance.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison