Page 104 of 374 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 5596
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The Dominators are hired help? Those were Dominators, weren't they?

Sandy Hausler
    They were Dominators (well, we only saw one, I think), and he seemed to be doing the bidding of the two masked guys. I don't know if he was hired help, but he didn't seem to be the one in charge.

Retired

Isn't there a thing with the Dominators where you can tell how high up they are in the hierarchy by the size of the red dots on their foreheads?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Isn't there a thing with the Dominators where you can tell how high up they are in the hierarchy by the size of the red dots on their foreheads?
    Yes, and this seemed to be in effect in the crossover with the Earth 1 Dominators.

I love this show. No matter how many semi-negative or outright negative things are said about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    I love this show. No matter how many semi-negative or outright negative things are said about it.

It's cheesy as hell, but I really look forward to it each week. It's the only CW hero show I still watch. Arrow lost me. Flash is DVR'ed but I can't seem to hit "play". And Legends was so awful last year I couldn't muster the interest this season despite its fans saying it's better. I do plan on catching up with all of them. But Benoist's portrayal of SG is so darned cute and authentic (power, confidence, vulnerability, selflessness, etc), I don't miss any episodes.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And I don't think those aliens aren't hunting him. They probably think they're rescueing him.
    I would liked to have seen it established, prior to the breakout, that the aliens figure out that one of their slaves is actually a royal catch.

After all, the slavers weren't actively looking for Mon-El in their (oddly selective) plan to abduct Earth-slaves. His appearance on Slavers' Moon is all his own idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    It's cheesy as hell, but I really look forward to it each week. It's the only CW hero show I still watch. Arrow lost me. Flash is DVR'ed but I can't seem to hit "play". And Legends was so awful last year I couldn't muster the interest this season despite its fans saying it's better. I do plan on catching up with all of them. But Benoist's portrayal of SG is so darned cute and authentic (power, confidence, vulnerability, selflessness, etc), I don't miss any episodes.
    My recommendation for CW DCTV:
    - Arrow: I gave up with Season 4, Episode 1. But when details of Season Five started coming out, I gave it a try. I'm really enjoying it. Episode 100 (mid-season finale) was touching, respectful of its origins, but also realizing it needed to move the show forward. And the Dolph Lundgren flashbacks have even been a good experience. Give it another try, and see what you think.

- Legends of Tomorrow: Don't even bother comparing Season One to Season Two - there is no comparison. Better villains, much better stories, and the cast and crew seem to be hitting their groove. Even the Jonah Hex episode was loads of fun. Another 'Give it a try' recommendation.

- The Flash: Sorry, but I am all in. No matter how odd or just okay the stories are. So it's just a difference of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    My recommendation for CW DCTV:
    - Arrow: I gave up with Season 4, Episode 1. But when details of Season Five started coming out, I gave it a try. I'm really enjoying it. Episode 100 (mid-season finale) was touching, respectful of its origins, but also realizing it needed to move the show forward. And the Dolph Lundgren flashbacks have even been a good experience. Give it another try, and see what you think.

- Legends of Tomorrow: Don't even bother comparing Season One to Season Two - there is no comparison. Better villains, much better stories, and the cast and crew seem to be hitting their groove. Even the Jonah Hex episode was loads of fun. Another 'Give it a try' recommendation.

- The Flash: Sorry, but I am all in. No matter how odd or just okay the stories are. So it's just a difference of opinion.
    Supergirl is actually the ones i look forward to the least. But i watch and love them all. Flash probaly is the one i enjoy the most, arrow has peaks and valleys but im invested in the core charatcers at this point. Mostly ollie and John. Legends is all about comedy and spectacle for me. Supergirl is fun awell, just my least favorite at this point

Side note is megaan still locked up even though she did nothing wrong? Thats like arresting a german with no proof they comitted war crimes or were even a nazi

At this point I'm just watching Legends and Supergirl. I don't actively dislike the others,I just don't have any particular desire to keep up after the winter break. I'll probably binge them on Netflix.

I'm glad they're finally moving Mon-El into the hero role, and I'm hoping to sweet baby Jesus the guardian stuff gets more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    At this point I'm just watching Legends and Supergirl. I don't actively dislike the others,I just don't have any particular desire to keep up after the winter break. I'll probably binge them on Netflix.

I'm glad they're finally moving Mon-El into the hero role, and I'm hoping to sweet baby Jesus the guardian stuff gets more interesting.
    Dito, i think he look cool but at this point seems kinda pointless. Im talking about guardian btw

Exactly.It feels like something they're doing just to give Mechad screen time. They should have shelved Catco with Calista leaving and transitioned Jimmy to the DEO along with Winn. His skills as a journalist could have made him some kind of agent, which might have made the guardian stuff seem much less out of place.

Retired

Or they could have stuck to the DC version of Cadmus--if Jimmy became involved with them, there's a lot of story ideas from Kirby they could use.

It doesn't work for Jimmy to be the head of Catco AND filing stories with Snapper. Olsen can't be the boss and the employee at the same time. If he was a reporter and working on stories with Kara, that would bring him into the main plots in a natural way. Someone else should be running Catco--maybe Lena Luthor.

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW is my favourite of the four these days. Not just for the comedy, but also because of the characters--and they actually do some serious story telling. I like SUPERGIRL and THE FLASH about equal; although, SUPERGIRL benefits from the cheerfulness of its lead, while FLASH is better served by its supporting cast. I want to see ARROW do better, as it's the show that started it all.

I feel like Jimmy on this show would benefit from getting random powers and getting transformed into a turtle monster more then he is as your average street-level vigilante with a gravely voice .

Astonishing Member

I like the show. I wonder if Mon-el is going to come up to full Daxam/Kryptonian power levels soon. I would like that.

I have said before and agree with some that the Guardian/Jimmy story line is not a good one. The character as portrayed is quite ridiculous. If he comes against anything but a thug - he is a puddle of goo. The standard Supergirl villain would destroy him. The shield nonsense is Cap light and Cap is peak human and ultratrained. Jimmy is nothing special.

The CW DC shows have a tendency to make ordinary people peak human rather quickly and then use PIS to avoid them getting splattered. Mr. Terrific has his butt kicked quite often demonstrating what would really happen. I would suggest they drop this plot line.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I like the show. I wonder if Mon-el is going to come up to full Daxam/Kryptonian power levels soon. I would like that.

I have said before and agree with some that the Guardian/Jimmy story line is not a good one. The character as portrayed is quite ridiculous. If he comes against anything but a thug - he is a puddle of goo. The standard Supergirl villain would destroy him. The shield nonsense is Cap light and Cap is peak human and ultratrained. Jimmy is nothing special.

The CW DC shows have a tendency to make ordinary people peak human rather quickly and then use PIS to avoid them getting splattered. Mr. Terrific has his butt kicked quite often demonstrating what would really happen. I would suggest they drop this plot line.
    Dont think they want a superman lite on the show. I think Mon-el is at full power, keeping him nerfed is like how they handicap Martian Manhunter. Its just good for story telling not having two insanely powerful people running around.