Page 106 of 374 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5596
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Holding back Martian Manhunter is quite correct. They came up with a new weakness for him (maybe it was in book canon but I don't recall it). The atmosphere of the red sun planet had silica in it (how does that work?) and OOPS, I'm staying home. Lame.
    That may have had more to do with $ than anything else, if MM had gone then he probably would have used his powers and such which would have cost the show money...so easy way to save some money, by only having like 5 characters using powers instead of 6...maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    "Stronger?" No. That would make no sense. Clark just plain has more muscle mass than she does. Whatever other factors are behind Kryptonian strength, the physical medium through which they operate is simply more in Clark's favor.

She has been canonically established as being faster than Clark, pre-Flashpoint. And she's MUCH more liberal with her use of heat vision than Clark tends to be.

She may seem stronger, but that's largely due to the fact that she just doesn't hold back the way he tends to.
    I'm not sure about 'makes no sense' since we are talking about comic book superheroes. Given a strong writer and intent, I hear they can make anything possible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Holding back Martian Manhunter is quite correct. They came up with a new weakness for him (maybe it was in book canon but I don't recall it). The atmosphere of the red sun planet had silica in it (how does that work?) and OOPS, I'm staying home. Lame.
    Plus it would solve the problem in five minutes. However the timing of this scene meant Kara already had most of the problem sorted on her end.

As mentioned before, money. Supergirl costs a lot in special effects anyway, so an episode with Kara depowered and in a quarry probably appealed to those keeping an eye on the budget.

Kevin Smith has moved on from Flash and gone to Supergirl? This time he's brought his daughter with him. She was okay, I guess, a bit overly emotional, but she was supposed to be an abductee. Is it just me or is this the huggiest superhero show ever?

I'm glad we're learning some real dirt on Daxam, especially in light of who Mon-El really is. I wonder if he didn't actually become ashamed of who he is until the later days of the planet?

I liked Winn's plot, but I thought it got resolved way too quickly. Or maybe it was just because of how dramatic his scene with James was when he quit.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Though I don't disagree with the larger point, I'm pretty sure they were referring to the president as "she" before it was certain that a woman would even be nominated (and it was far from a slam dunk at the time.) I don't think the gender of the Supergirl president was made out of any consideration to what was expected in real life. I would imagine it had much, much more to do with the protagonist of the series being a woman.
    Pretty sure you're right. The president in the Arrowverse, though? That may've been based on what was expected in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Monel? I thought Win was the Felicity on Supergirl.

Sandy Hausler
    Winn is the Cisco (or Curtis) on Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Jimmy on this show would benefit from getting random powers and getting transformed into a turtle monster more then he is as your average street-level vigilante with a gravely voice .
    I do expect/hope that to happen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Given that Jimmy Olsen had no established skills as a manager of a big company, it probably would've made sense for both him and Linda to go to work for the paper. It's hard enough to believe that he might find time to be a superhero after spending hours at a regular job, but being on call to manage a big company-- even if he's not really SEEN doing it-- makes less sense to me.
    There were a couple episodes last season where Cat had to go somewhere and left James in charge. Also in an episode with Siobhan Smythe it was mentioned that James was a department head.
    So last season sort of laid the groundwork for Cat letting James run things this season in her absence.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    That may have had more to do with $ than anything else, if MM had gone then he probably would have used his powers and such which would have cost the show money...so easy way to save some money, by only having like 5 characters using powers instead of 6...maybe...
    Plus the whole point of the story was Kara saved the day without her powers by inspiring ordinary people to take action. So if sending another superpowered being along saves the day, what is the point of
    Kara losing her powers in the first place. Just let Kara come in and knock the walls down, like Izzy thought Kara was going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp
    Though I don't disagree with the larger point, I'm pretty sure they were referring to the president as "she" before it was certain that a woman would even be nominated (and it was far from a slam dunk at the time.) I don't think the gender of the Supergirl president was made out of any consideration to what was expected in real life. I would imagine it had much, much more to do with the protagonist of the series being a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Pretty sure you're right. The president in the Arrowverse, though? That may've been based on what was expected in real life.
    The first time I recall Earth-38 having a woman president was in the episode Red Faced, which aired November 30, 2015. So it was probably written sometime in September or early October.
    I guess people expected Hillary to run by then but I'm not sure she was assumed to be a slap dunk to win at that point in time considering no one really knew who the Republicans would nominate
    or even who would run against her in the primaries.
    And Earth-1 did have a male president up until the Invaders! episode of The Flash, where-upon the female vice president became president.

Give me this!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    I love the book the episode title came from.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I finally watched it. It was pretty good. It seems this show might focus on alien DC Comics stuff like how Arrow usually does non-powered DC Comics stuff and Flash does super-science DC Comics stuff. Jimmy seemed a little too poised to be the Jimmy we're used to, but we'll see how that plays out. It was nice to see the DEO again, I don't think those guys have been in DC Comics since the early 2000s, having been supplanted by Argus. What bugs me though is why they called that guy who was clearly The Persuader by the name Vartox. I mean, cosmic baddie with a big axe just screams "Persuader" to me.
    I think this might be the first live action TV show, or even movie, with a Super character going to another planet, or even scenes of other planets. Previously all we have gotten is Krypton and related things
    like the Phantom Zone. But so far on Supergirl we have not only seen life on Krypton, but also Mars, Daxam, going to other Earths and now Slaver's Moon. And also having aliens that look like aliens.
    Jo, Brian, Giggles, Fish Head, and the other unnamed denizens of the dive bar, J'onn Jonzz, White Martians, Maaldorians, Dominators. Again previously all we had was human looking Kryptonians and
    a brief appearance of Martian Manhunter on Smallville. And the movies are just stuck on rehashing Lex Luthor and General Zod over and over again.

Mighty Member

What happened to Maxwell Lord? Is he coming back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    What happened to Maxwell Lord? Is he coming back?
    Nothing happened to him.
    Most likely Peter Facinelli either costs too much, or like Calista Flockhart, didn't want to move to Canada, or is otherwise unavailable.

Is he coming back? How should I know?

Is sort of odd though how Lena Luthor moves to town and sets up shop with L-Corp, which appears to be direct competition to Lord Technologies, and no one in town even notices it.

Mighty Member

Wonder if that nutty mad scientist who kidnapped LiveWire ever worked at Cadmus?

BANNED

I miss Cat Grant/Callista Flockhart a lot more than I thought I was going to.

Retired

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought this episode was really good. It hit all the elements that I love about SUPERGIRL.