Page 109 of 374 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 5596

He should play Mongul. They have already referenced Warworld and Draaga has been on the show. So there is that set-up. Maybe he's one of the mysterious cloaked ones searching for Mon-El

I haven't been too thrilled with the direction the show has gone in this past year, but they are making some interesting casting choices.
    Last edited by protege; 02-06-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I haven't been too thrilled with the direction the show has gine in this past year, but they are making some interesting casting choices.
    Although I like the show so we differ there, I have to agree on the recent casting choices. Very interesting.

BANNED

Ugh, I don't like him for much the same reasons shows with Adam Baldwin in them have gotten a lot less enjoyable to me.

He does play villains much better than heroes though.

Retired

I think it's telling that Dean Cain has already planned to be in Vancouver next September. So he's available to appear on SUPERGIRL next season. I'm just saying.

I find it weird, the B-stories sometimes tend to be the best written and acted parts of the episode. I loved Alex's coming out story, and here, J'Onn struggling with his feelings towards M'Gann was very powerful.

That isn't to say I didn't really enjoy Supergirl and her feelings towards Livewire, which I enjoyed because she eventually changed her tune and approach to the character. Should be interesting to see her in future appearances, the sometimes enemy/sometimes ally thing. I had hoped they were going to do that with Captain Cold on Flash, but they brought him over to Legends of Tomorrow fairly quickly before they could get real mileage out of it.

So Mon-El's codename is "The Other Superman"? Maybe he should work on that...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Superman doesn't take his rivalry with Lex that seriously, judging from how he talks about it with Kara. I doubt Luthor would appreciate that.
    I wonder if that's because Superman has a sense that even though he clashed with Lex often, he managed to defeat him once and for all? Lex has been in jail for sometime, hasn't he?

Ultimate Member

Nice episode so far, glad that Winn is getting something to do and after he got freed from that black slime...loved the CW Batman Lego commercial...Woman isn't spelled with a K...heh...

Mighty Member

That was a nice plot twist with that White Martian disguised as Alex.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That was a nice plot twist with that White Martian disguised as Alex.
    "Pretending to care about your issues is exhausting!" I have to agree with the evil alien monster there.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Nice episode so far, glad that Winn is getting something to do and after he got freed from that black slime...loved the CW Batman Lego commercial...Woman isn't spelled with a K...heh...
    Also if you stuck around for the ending credits, "Move your head, Batman" with Batman in the way of the TV instead of Fred. And then a Lego version of the DC logo with a Lego Supergirl.

Retired

I was surprised to see Agent Piper Vasquez make an appearance at the DEO--almost made me think she could be the white Martian (except it had to be Win or Alex, because they were the only actors with major speaking roles left, once you eliminated J'Onn, M'Gann and Kara). I thought maybe our favourite all-purpose agent couldn't make it to Vancouver when the series shifted locations this season, but I guess she got leave from her other job at SHIELD.

This was a thrill-packed episode. I thought last week's episode was great, but this one delivered on the suspense and also some feels. I hope Miss Martian isn't gone for long.

If SUPERGIRL has any problem, it's that it has too many good characters. There's never enough show to give them all their due. Where's Lena Luthor? Well, I guess now that they've blown their special effects budget, there'll be more down to Earth episodes in the weeks to come.

I don't know why Winn is so focused on this Guardian thing. It's not like it's all that much different from his job with the DEO. He's only marginally closer to the action and the one time he got directly involved he got beat up. It was on a DEO mission that he actually conquered his fears of going into the field.

The White Martians' absolute hatred for the Green's is really kind of creepy. Though I guess in today's political climate, portraying such xenophobic extremism in such a brutal and villainous way is somewhat topical.

I kinda have to wonder why they needed to line the new DEO base with lead after they'd already taken care of all the rogue Kryptonians, but I guess I can't blame J'onn for his precautions, even if they certainly didn't help here.

I liked that they didn't forget either the Martians' telepathy or their weakness to fire in dealing with the "who is the White Martian" mystery.

Chyler Leigh and Jeremy Jordan do a surprisingly good job playing "evil" versions of themselves. I kinda want to see evil Jimmy now...

I'm guessing we won't see M'gann again until the inevitable White Martian invasion plot, or at least Kara and J'onn heading to Mars. It's still kind of weird to go from thinking of M'gann and J'onn as niece and uncle to love interests, but that was a sweet moment between them at the end and I liked J'onn opening up to her .

I'm actually kind of impressed Kara remembered Mon-El's secret identity name after all this time .

Turnabout is fair play Kara, so you can't expect Mon-El to be waiting for you after you friendzoned him like that. Though I see heartbreak in Miss Teschmacher's future...

Retired

It's not actually a new DEO HQ. They always had it, but Supergirl didn't know about it until this season. And probably couldn't see it, as it's lined with lead.

I wonder if Kevin Sorbo will play Daddy Luthor. That would be cool. Y'know it's strange that the Danvers named their kid Alex--unless Jeremiah isn't her real father and Alex is a Luthor.

Ultimate Member

Or maybe Alex is short for something like Alexandra and the similarity to Lex Luthor has nothing to do with it, she would have been named about the same time as Lex unless here they've made Lex in his 40's or older as Alex is younger than 30 on the show if memory serves as Kara is only like early twenties...it is a new HQ, yeah they had the building already but they then made it into their new HQ after last season...

For Winn I think that the whole Guardian thing was far more of a convenient excuse to get him out of the picture so that Kara and Alex could have that last scene together, and Winn may have felt that he needed to stretch his legs a bit and do something where the fate of the city wasn't at stake...but I'm guessing more the former than the latter...still think that in the end it'll be Kara and Winn, mirroring that Justice League cartoon where she stayed in the future with that version of Brainiac...not saying that Winn is anything but human...then again he did seem to master Kryptonian in a matter of minutes...or at least well enough to write a very good computer virus in Kryptonian computer language...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 02-07-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or maybe Alex is short for something like Alexandra and the similarity to Lex Luthor has nothing to do with it, she would have been named about the same time as Lex unless here they've made Lex in his 40's or older as Alex is younger than 30 on the show if memory serves as Kara is only like early twenties...it is a new HQ, yeah they had the building already but they then made it into their new HQ after last season...
    Eliza has called Alex "Alexandra" from time to time, so Alexandra Danvers is her full name. Though on Smallville it was revealed the Lex is short for Alexander. It's funny, because when the show was being
    formulated and people found out there was going to be a character named Alex that was Supergirl's sister, a lot of people were convinced that Alex was going to be evil and the female equivalent
    of Lex Luthor, thus being Supergirl's main foe, solely based on the fact that her name was Alex.