Page 112 of 374 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    On the show the white martians are stronger then the greens because thats what they decided. Jonns suppose to be the baddest man on the planet and a random white martian shouldnt knock him around so easily. In the show i guess white martians are super strong and if they ever invade earth is screwed.
    The show runners will probably come up with some reason why white martians can't stay on Earth for a long time. Did they ever really say how long M'gann has been on Earth?
    Like just white martians are susceptible to Earth viruses ala War of the Worlds. Or maybe if the white martians do attack the DEO re-engineers Zor-El's virus to kill just white martians.
    Or if they don't want to go that lethal, makes the white martians violently ill or severely weakens them. I can see J'onn and Kara arguing about whether to kill them all or to just drive
    them away or even negotiate with them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Missed that part but seems like on the show hes not that strong and is afraid to use his other abilities.
    I believe it was in the seaon 1 episode where the original Hank Henshaw and pa Danvers go alien hunting in the amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I believe it was in the seaon 1 episode where the original Hank Henshaw and pa Danvers go alien hunting in the amazon.
    Oh ok

Im fine with kara and clark being stronger then Jonn but one of the main reasons in the comics batman and superman consider him the most powerful is his molecular control and telepathy. In show he shape shifts into people thats it havent seen much density shifting, and he cant use his telepathy without mindwiping people because he apparently sucks at it.

In the comice they use the pacifist angle to explain why he doesnt just crush half the bad guys they come across. In the show dudes far from a pacifist. Kinda the opposite.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

I wish I would've followed along better with the episode, but since Superman left and they've really been heavyhanded with this stupid relationship nonsense between Danvers/that one lady and whatever thing they had going on between Mon-El/Kara- I've largely been tuning out. Miss Martian had hardly any screen time so losing her at this point in the show really didn't change anything, and the episode largely felt like filler with more White martians. I'd wish they'd pursue some of the stuff with Roulette, ARGUS/the Luthors, but instead we get more SJW pandering crap and uninteresting relationship nonsense instead of the character development we got in season 1. Its a shame because the season had a really great start with Superman, Metallo, and some of the fights were definitely a step up.

Mighty Member

It's a little odd why no one bothered to ask Lena at the end of this episode of what the heck she was doing with synthetic kryptonite in her office.

I really hope Lena isn't secretly evil. The whole "smarter than Lex" thing makes me wonder?

Ultimate Member

Lena being evil would be so lame and predictable. Also, it would kind of contradict the running theme that they've been going with throughout this season.

Good episode better than last week, Mama Luthor is shaping up to be a great villain. Next week looks like its gonna be fun.

Ultimate Member

I keep wanting someone to ask Mama Luthor that once she got all of the aliens off of Earth what then, who would be the next group that she would turn her efforts to...

Also wonder what would happen if a big enemy showed up and just decimated Cadmus' best efforts to protect the planet...

I thought that Winn already knew about Maggie...

So I guess Lex's male-pattern balding is hereditary, given Lionel was bald as well. Which might also mean there wasn't any kind of traumatic, Superman-related, event that triggered him losing his hair. Though I have a feeling that it kicked in once he began his crusade against Superman.

Well, at least Daxam was progressive enough to understand that love is love is love .

So Lena is a Luthor by blood, being Lionel's daughter with another woman, making her Lex's half-sister. While it's not as complicated or messed up as the Luthor family dynamics have been portrayed in the past, it does define the complicated duplicity and warped affection that characterize Lena's relationship with Lillian in the present.

Uh, Jimmy...as I recall you were one of the biggest proponents for not telling Kara your secret at first, and actually seemed to enjoy holding the knowledge of your identity over her head, so I'm not sure if you're really that worthy of trust vs. Lena who's always been completely upfront with Kara. I'd also wager all the good Lena's done balances out any of the more suspicious moments she's had.

So Clark and Lex were best friends in this universe as well? I wonder if they still grew up in Smallville together?

Hey, it's Cyborg-Not-Superman !

Holy crud, it's Lex's Warsuit! It even sounds like he actually took it out to fight Superman at some point. I wonder if we'll ever see it in-action ?

What the heck is Lex doing with a Black Mercy and Persuader's Atomic Axe? Did Persuader come from the future to kill Superman like he did in Smallville? Though I guess it could be the axe of one of the pre-30th Century Persuaders.

I wonder if Lex ever tried the Mercy on Superman like Non did Supergirl?

You'd think Lex, being as paranoid and obessed with Superman as he is, would've found a way to line his mountain secret base with lead so Superman couldn't find him.

Metallo blowing up at the end thanks to synthetic Kryptonite seems like it'll be tough to walk back from, though given Corben is a cyborg and they've been shown to survive worse, I wouldn't be surprised if he does find a way to come back at some point.

Though if it's possible to create synthetic Kryptonite, that seems like an easy way to explain how villains in the future might have access to it despite Superman keeping the rest of the pure version in hiding. I doubt that was the only Kryptonite Lex had at his disposal as well.

Kara's moments with her love interests always seem to get interrupted at the worst times. And, once again, Mr. Myxzptlk is portrayed in live-action as a kind of pretty-boy with a foreign accent.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess Lex's male-pattern balding is hereditary, given Lionel was bald as well. Which might also mean there wasn't any kind of traumatic, Superman-related, event that triggered him losing his hair. Though I have a feeling that it kicked in once he began his crusade against Superman.

Well, at least Daxam was progressive enough to understand that love is love is love .

So Lena is a Luthor by blood, being Lionel's daughter with another woman, making her Lex's half-sister. While it's not as complicated or messed up as the Luthor family dynamics have been portrayed in the past, it does define the complicated duplicity and warped affection that characterize Lena's relationship with Lillian in the present.

Uh, Jimmy...as I recall you were one of the biggest proponents for not telling Kara your secret at first, and actually seemed to enjoy holding the knowledge of your identity over her head, so I'm not sure if you're really that worthy of trust vs. Lena who's always been completely upfront with Kara. I'd also wager all the good Lena's done balances out any of the more suspicious moments she's had.

So Clark and Lex were best friends in this universe as well? I wonder if they still grew up in Smallville together?

Hey, it's Cyborg-Not-Superman !

Holy crud, it's Lex's Warsuit! It even sounds like he actually took it out to fight Superman at some point. I wonder if we'll ever see it in-action ?

What the heck is Lex doing with a Black Mercy and Persuader's Atomic Axe? Did Persuader come from the future to kill Superman like he did in Smallville? Though I guess it could be the axe of one of the pre-30th Century Persuaders.

I wonder if Lex ever tried the Mercy on Superman like Non did Supergirl?

You'd think Lex, being as paranoid and obessed with Superman as he is, would've found a way to line his mountain secret base with lead so Superman couldn't find him.

Metallo blowing up at the end thanks to synthetic Kryptonite seems like it'll be tough to walk back from, though given Corben is a cyborg and they've been shown to survive worse, I wouldn't be surprised if he does find a way to come back at some point.

Though if it's possible to create synthetic Kryptonite, that seems like an easy way to explain how villains in the future might have access to it despite Superman keeping the rest of the pure version in hiding. I doubt that was the only Kryptonite Lex had at his disposal as well.

Kara's moments with her love interests always seem to get interrupted at the worst times. And, once again, Mr. Myxzptlk is portrayed in live-action as a kind of pretty-boy with a foreign accent.
    So basically Tess from Smallville then.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So basically Tess from Smallville then.
    They are borrowing some elements from Smallville. Lionel Luthor was created for Smallville and had never been in the comic books prior to that. Also I don't think there was ever a Lillian Luthor
    in the comic books. And the idea that Clark and Lex were close friends at one time. And it was eventually revealed that Tess Mercer was Lutessa Lena Luthor on Smallville. In that Clark is now
    Superman, I guess that Supergirl is post Smallville. Of course there are minor tweaks, Lionel being bald here and having a full head of long, messy hair on Smallville. The ethnicity of Jimmy Olsen.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Lionel Luthor is such a horrible man. He took in his illegitimate daughter after his mistress died, give her a family and loved her. What an asshole.

Ultimate Member

It's certainly different than on Smallville in that regard. I'm curious to learn more about what this version of Lionel was like overall.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

It was a much better episode than the last one at least. Lena Luthor went through quite a few changes throughout season 2 and forcing her to make amends with her mother was a good test, even though there is no way Supergirl should've survived that fight and why the heck didn't Cyborg Superman get involved? Both him and Metallo (who jobbed to Guardian) should've killed her without much ado, the fact the Senior Luther didn't capitalize on having them both there to wipe out Kara is Plot Armor personified. She's struggled with less impressive fighters.