Page 113 of 374 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 5596

The worst I can say about this version of Lionel is that he cheated on his wife and forbid her from interacting with Lena, but for all we know the latter was just Lillian making stuff up.

Lillian seems to be the main root of Lex's personality and fanaticism in this continuity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This episode made me want to know more about Lena's family life. From what we know she had good relationships with her father and Lex. Lillian is the main source of her family problems.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The worst I can say about this version of Lionel is that he cheated on his wife and forbid her from interacting with Lena, but for all we know the latter was just Lillian making stuff up.

Lillian seems to be the main root of Lex's personality and fanaticism in this continuity.
    I'd rather have Lillian as the big bad, if they have to make a Luthor the villain. Lena could be the tragic friendship caught in the middle, a star crossed ally.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Well, that ending came straight outta nothing.
    Not sure I like the idea of Mxyzptlk on this show, especially looking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, that ending came straight outta nothing.
    Not sure I like the idea of Mxyzptlk on this show, especially looking like that.
    I was sort of surprised they brought back the cliff hanger ending. They did a lot of that in the first season but not as much this season. I think the "Changing" episode was the last
    time they did that, not counting the crossover set-up in "Medussa".

Luthors (s02e12)

Now THAT was a solid episode!

Was it perfect? Of course not. Was it enjoyable? Yup.

Kara sticks up for Lena, in spite of mounting evidence that she is guilty of being in cahoots with Lillian. We see flashbacks of young Lena with young Lex (!) as well as Lionel and Lillian. We learned that Lena is a biological Luthor, Lex's half-sister (this world's Tess Mercer). We get Metallo and the Cyborg Superman in the employ of Lillian. We get a little bit of Snapper Carr. There was a lot in this episode.

The points I liked:

- More foreshadowing of Lex Luthor debuting on this show in the future. Season 2 of SUPERGIRL is treating Lex the same way Season 1 treated Kal. The constant mentions, the flashbacks to a younger version (although Young Kal was a false memory brought on by the black mercy last season). Shots of their iconic uniforms (boots last year, and seriously? The warsuit!!!). I am very comfortable in predicting that we will have Live-Action Lex Luthor IX before the end of the calendar year 2017.

- Lena Luthor is the villain I never knew I always wanted for this show. That last shot of her playing chess by herself tells me that this is the long con for her. And this show is in dire need of a worthy adversary for Kara. And Lena is it. Not an all-black baddie, but still ultimately on the wrong side. I cannot wait for the betrayal. Mark my words: Lena will become this show's ultimate big bad.

- Lillian Luthor will, either on purpose or by accident, will draw Lena to the dark side. She herself is great as the all-bad villain, but the depth is lacking. Loved her smile as Metallo was trashing that courtroom.

Didn't like :

- Am I the only one who thinks that all the males on this show are either useless (James), weak (Wynn, Mon-El), sidelined (J'onn) or repulsive (Snapper)? I get that Grrl Power is this show's overriding theme, but there doesn't seem to be useful male in the cast. Except for Tyler Hoechlin, of course. But he's a guest star at best.

Grade: B+

Astonishing Member

Honestly I can't even tell if we're supposed to be taking Lillian's words as true as to whether Lena is a "Luthor" by blood or not. Sure she opened the lock but for all anyone knows it was keyed to Lena not because she's a Luthor but because she's someone trusted to do the right thing.

But yeah that'd probably be more complicated than the show wants to make it.

Booooh, no to Mon-El and Kara. XD

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that Mon-El and Kara will get together and then split up once those hunting him show up and his lies are uncovered no matter how good of intentions that he had, Kara seems to be very upset at people keeping secrets from her...

Astonishing Member

Not a bad episode. The show is erratic when they decide to use J'onn at his full power level.

My endless complaint is that the good guys fight like idiots. Always a haymaker punch fest or throwing your opponent around. Duh - Kara should be able to wipe out Metallo in a millisecond if she would get past the good 'ol stand there and get hit by a blast routine. Throw something at him at 80,000 mph - the kinetic energy would rip him apart. Blitz behind him and heat vision the back of his head, etc.

The episode also confirms Jimmy as Guardian is ridiculous. He got wiped out. Only PIS saves him from Kara level foes. About Mon-el and Kara - just go sleep together. They are young and full of super hormones. Hook up and get it over with.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm guessing that Mon-El and Kara will get together and then split up once those hunting him show up and his lies are uncovered no matter how good of intentions that he had, Kara seems to be very upset at people keeping secrets from her...
    I hope not. For goodness sake, if you're going to do a romance for Kara, let her actually get to explore one for more than the short-term.

Ultimate Member

Unless you count Winn and they're doing a slow burn between the two with Kara finally getting to the point where she goes for the guy that's been there for her even before he knew that she had powers, Mon-El could always end up going with his people if they don't want to kill or imprison him...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Unless you count Winn and they're doing a slow burn between the two with Kara finally getting to the point where she goes for the guy that's been there for her even before he knew that she had powers, Mon-El could always end up going with his people if they don't want to kill or imprison him...
    Have to admit I kind of expected Mon-El and M'Gann to get together what with them both working at the bar (if barely with overlap) and Mon kind of being the Superboy of the show.

Hah, Kara and Winn would make for a surprise twist out of everyone there. Winn's not really had a character arc so far in this season riding on the coat tails of James' as Guardian so far. So it'd make for some amusement, though I'd still prefer Kara and James.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that he's riding on James' coattails, more that he's doing what he's best at, it's not like he's trying to be out there fighting the baddies with his fists, as for Kara remember that Winn had the hots for her when he thought that she was fully human. James is in the city greatly because of Kara being Clark's cousin, otherwise he would have gone elsewhere...and as for Winn we saw how upset she got that he was out in the field at all, it doesn't mean that she's in love with him but she does seem to have him on the very short list of people that nobody hurts or there'd be hell to pay, on that same short list with imho the Danvers where as Mon-El and Jimmy aren't on that list...

Once again, Kara's argument with Snapper seems a little naive on her part. Snapper reported the news about Lena, it wasn't a judgment thing, it was presenting the evidence that they had. Kara wanted to prove her innocence, she should've gone out and done that rather than try to get Snapper to kill the story. I do like Kara's constant belief that Lena is a good person, though. Too bad she is wrong. That last scene with the chessboard...Lena is wearing black leather and a low-cut top...that marks her as pure evil.

I've grown so accustomed to the fact that they keep finding excuses to keep J'onn from flying into battle and saving Supergirl that I'm surprised when he actually does it.

Mr. Mxyzptlk is in love with Supergirl? That reminds me of the 70's Batman cartoon where Bat-Mite was in love with Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    My endless complaint is that the good guys fight like idiots. Always a haymaker punch fest or throwing your opponent around. Duh - Kara should be able to wipe out Metallo in a millisecond if she would get past the good 'ol stand there and get hit by a blast routine. Throw something at him at 80,000 mph - the kinetic energy would rip him apart. Blitz behind him and heat vision the back of his head, etc.
    Kara can't go all out, especially when she is in a populated area and can cause collateral damage. But you're right, she doesn't fight like someone who has super speed. It's like she can't think as fast as she can move so she only restricts her super speed to flying, not when she's fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Once again, Kara's argument with Snapper seems a little naive on her part. Snapper reported the news about Lena, it wasn't a judgment thing, it was presenting the evidence that they had. Kara wanted to prove her innocence, she should've gone out and done that rather than try to get Snapper to kill the story.

Kara can't go all out, especially when she is in a populated area and can cause collateral damage. But you're right, she doesn't fight like someone who has super speed. It's like she can't think as fast as she can move so she only restricts her super speed to flying, not when she's fighting.
    Kara's point was that once someone is found guilty in the court of public opinion, they are guilty forever. It's like with OJ Simpson. Even though the courts found him not guilty,
    most people are still convinced he is an evil man that killed his wife and got away with murder. But because of the way the story was presented, and is still presented, OJ is an evil
    man that killed his wife, despite the courts being unable to prove he did kill her. All we know about OJ is the stories the media has given us. So by rushing to judgement by running
    the story without letting all the facts play out, Lena would be forever tarnished, even though Lena was later found not guilty. All people would remember is the first story. Which
    was all that Kara was trying to prevent.

Kara does use super speed from time to time. When she fought Bizarro, Master Jailer, and dis-armed the driver of the Cadmus semi are times that pop to mind.
    I think it's more a case of the writers wanting to showcase Kara's other powers, it being an action show and thus wanting the fight to last more than a half a second,
    and how much money is allocated to VFX as compared to practical effects. And from a character point of view, Kara likes punching people in the face.