Page 115 of 374 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Jimmy is getting totally shelved with no mention is crap. Alot of what Kara did with Mon-El, that energy, could have been used with Jimmy. I don't like that aspect of that show at all
    Agreed. Something about Mon-El rubs me the wrong way so that didn't help either.

I don't expect Jimmy to stay in the regular cast, if this keeps up.
    Not necessarily. I think he'll stick around if for no other reason than appearances, but he'll never have a love interest again. If they can figure out how to give freakin' Winn a love interest they could find one for James. I think I posited either here or on the now defunct IMDB boards they could bring in someone to play Karen Beecher. Bumblebee and Guardian on the street level, intersecting at times with Kara and the DEO fighting alien threats. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm wondering if the whole thing with Winn was just to give him something to do or whether we'll see Lyra again, going to guess again that she ends up with Winn as he's the only guy that has no chance of overshadowing her or trying to fight the baddies instead of her...also it is just me or does the actor that plays Mon-El also appear on Vampire Diaries...for all practical purposes Jimmy could just go on a trip to another Catco branch and then just not come back and nobody would be the wiser or just move Kara to another newspaper and go from there and just forget Catco altogether...
    I don't see Lyra being a series regular but I imagine she'll get mentioned a few times and be in an episode here and there, sort of like Eve Teschmacher.

I like Snapper Carr. There is that Lou Grant - Mary Richards vibe going on with him and Kara. They just need to have more of him. I'd keep CatCo alone for that. But Cat should have made Snapper the head of Catco
    and left Jimmy as a photojournalist. To me that would have given Jimmy even more motivation to be Guardian, being stuck in the same job while everyone else is getting better jobs, Kara a reporter, Winn working at
    the DEO, Snapper now running Catco.

Jimmy is getting totally shelved with no mention is crap. Alot of what Kara did with Mon-El, that energy, could have been used with Jimmy. I don't like that aspect of that show at all
    Jimmy didn't really have much of a personality. Just a handsome good guy. Nothing really to play off of pretty good girl Kara. With Mon-El there is the bad boy fish out of water paired with the good girl wise to the world.
    So more room for tension, lovers quarrels, someone for Kara to boss around since she was usually the one getting bossed around before.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this the first time Mon-El has mentioned Rao? I wasn't sure if the Kryptonian's and Daxamites worshipped the same way.
    in my small weird opinion, I thought he mentioned Rao just to show he knows and respects Kryptonians' culture

It was nice to see Winn find a new girlfriend in Lyra, and one who kicks plenty of butts when necessary and can look spectacular in a dress. It's good to see him finally bounce back into the dating pool after what happened with Siobhan. I wonder if Lyra will become a recurring character going forward? Also neat that she's from the same planet as Dawnstar of the Legion (even if it's apparently a dead world now...).
    AHguh! I totally missed that! I guess make-up is cheaper than wings. Ahwn man! They could have done Dawnstar! Then it would be two members from the Legion of Superheroes on the show!

Anyways, another one of my small weird opinions, when J'onn mentioned that his people dealt with beings from the 5th dimension before, I picture them looking like Marvin the Martian.

I so wanted a tiny clip before the preview of Mister Mxyzptlk being scolded by Gilbert Gottfried, wearing a purple derby hat, saying: "How many times do I have to tell you, Junior? Don't flirt with Krytonians!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    AHguh! I totally missed that! I guess make-up is cheaper than wings. Ahwn man! They could have done Dawnstar! Then it would be two members from the Legion of Superheroes on the show!
    Well, Mon-El makes a little more sense then Dawny as he's usually not native to the Legion's timeline like she is...
    I so wanted a tiny clip before the preview of Mister Mxyzptlk being scolded by Gilbert Gottfried, wearing a purple derby hat, saying: "How many times do I have to tell you, Junior? Don't flirt with Krytonians!"
    That would've been amazing .

Alright, sorry but I'm really not feeling the Mon-El/Kara pairing. Their constant bickering get's on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Alright, sorry but I'm really not feeling the Mon-El/Kara pairing. Their constant bickering get's on my nerves.
    It a common cliche that's supposed to endear us to couples when in reality to some (myself and apparently you) it has the opposite effect.

I think I figured out what's bugging me about Mon-El, or perhaps the actor. He kinda reminds me of Ryan Reynolds in Van Wilder mode. A constantly talking frat boy.

Astonishing Member

Was Kara bluffing that a 400 megaton explosion would kill her? Kryptonians (in some variants) have dove through the sun and taken ground zero nuclear hits.

Decent episode. Getting rid of useless Jimmy and dumb Guardian works for me. One thing, did Mon-el fly into the confrontation with Myx? It looked like it and I didn't know he mastered that yet.

It's funny, I'm always wondering where Thea is on Arrow when she's gone but I usually completely forget about Jimmy until after I've watched the episode....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I think I figured out what's bugging me about Mon-El, or perhaps the actor. He kinda reminds me of Ryan Reynolds in Van Wilder mode. A constantly talking frat boy.
    Well, that fits with how they've described Daxam .

It's funny, I'm always wondering where Thea is on Arrow when she's gone but I usually completely forget about Jimmy until after I've watched the episode....
    As often as you mention Jimmy I seriously doubt that.

Well, that fits with how they've described Daxam .
    Which episode where they described as Van Wilder motermouths? I missed that one. Party animals does not mean only mean that interpretation, and we'd need another Daxamite to compare.

I do so love me a good Myxie story! I thought they did a pretty good job with his powers (as far as their budget goes), and they essentially stayed true to the source material, and Supergirl had to trick him to win. I just thought it a little weird that as powerful as he was, Daxamites have killed guys like him, and even Martians have survived his assault (did my ears deceive me or did they actually name drop Zook?). And what's with Winn finding some random thing that could turn his powers off like that?

I find it funny that Parasite, or at least a Mxy construct of Parasite, was brought in only a little after Kara emphasized to Mon-El that they "don't kill" given she killed Parasite in his debut episode and even mentioned how he should be dead. I wonder if Mxy made him disappear or if there's an actual, revived, Parasite walking around somewhere?
    Considering how the Jor-El statue returned to normal after Mxyzptlk left our plane, I figure Parasite vanished as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I was thinking about Gilbert Gottfried and how he played Mxy too. Maybe it's because of the Aladdin reference in this episode. Also Peter Gadiot played a genie from Agrabah in the last thing I saw him in.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Man they are really pushing that Mon-El/Kara relationship. Oh well.

Cute to see Winn and his new gf.
    I want to be the first to dub the Mon-El/Kara Relationship --- Kal-El.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Thanagarian Snare Beast was less a reference to Hawkman and more a reference to "Superman Lives."

If being in a romantic relationship is what it takes to get more screen time on the show, then maybe they should drop the Guardian angle and give Jimmy a love interest. Unfortunately all the women on the show are tied up right now--and I doubt they're going to switch Jim's orientation. If only Lucy would come back or Lena had eyes for anyone besides Kara.

I feel sorry for Mehcad Brooks. He deserves better.
    Why haven't they recasted Lucy Lane yet? Jenna flat out stated she wouldn't come back after the move to Canada, and if memory serves, Lucy and J'onn are supposed to be co-leaders of the DEO.

Frankly, aside from Cat Grant, I wish they'd recast all the actors who didn't make the move with them. Keep Callista for special appearances; the rest are replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I want to be the first to dub the Mon-El/Kara Relationship --- Kal-El.

Sandy Hausler
    Too late. The shippers have already dubbed it Karamel.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Why haven't they recasted Lucy Lane yet? Jenna flat out stated she wouldn't come back after the move to Canada, and if memory serves, Lucy and J'onn are supposed to be co-leaders of the DEO.

Frankly, aside from Cat Grant, I wish they'd recast all the actors who didn't make the move with them. Keep Callista for special appearances; the rest are replaceable.
    I guess they don't think Lucy and Max were important enough to recast. Since the start of the second season Lord Technologies doesn't even exist. Which is odd because that would seem to
    be L-Corp's biggest competitor. And with the Alien Amnesty Act it sort of takes General Sam Lane out of the picture too. Maybe for the purposes of the story Lucy Lane is the one running the
    DEO cave base.

Astonishing Member

Finally saw the Mxyzptlk episode. While maybe not perfect, it was worlds better than the version they had on Smallville. I've always maintained that the best way to approach Mxy is to treat him like Q from Star Trek: TNG. And that's more or less what they did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Finally saw the Mxyzptlk episode. While maybe not perfect, it was worlds better than the version they had on Smallville. I've always maintained that the best way to approach Mxy is to treat him like Q from Star Trek: TNG. And that's more or less what they did.
    Supergirl is a lot more fantastical than Smallville was at that point when Mxyzptlk appeared (season four iirc). I bet people discussing this episode are hating autocorrect!