Page 126 of 374 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 5596
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Is this the episode right after Jeremiah turned out to be working with Lillian Luthor? Given the context of the episode, Jeremiah was essentially a partner with Lillian (definitely didn't seem like a flunkie at least not along the lines of Henshaw) and she thought he could "control" his daughter. I could have sworn this was even said verbatim at one point but I haven't rewatched the episode.
    That was a few episodes back and it doesn't matter. Alex did not even pretend to want to join them. The show treats her like she is the CW Batwoman only better but the villains show less respect for her than Lois Lane usually gets on Super shows.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    That was a few episodes back and it doesn't matter. Alex did not even pretend to want to join them. The show treats her like she is the CW Batwoman only better but the villains show less respect for her than Lois Lane usually gets on Super shows.
    Well for all intents and purposes she is the CW Batwoman, I figured that out a while ago. But as far as the episode you're talking about, again, Jeremiah and Lillian were partners, not employee/employer. And if a partner does something the other partner thinks is foolish (like Jeremiah letting Alex walk around free) the other partner has to let it play out whether they like it or not. Which...is exactly what happened. In other eps you have a point but in that specific one the context was clear.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well for all intents and purposes she is the CW Batwoman, I figured that out a while ago. But as far as the episode you're talking about, again, Jeremiah and Lillian were partners, not employee/employer. And if a partner does something the other partner thinks is foolish (like Jeremiah letting Alex walk around free) the other partner has to let it play out whether they like it or not. Which...is exactly what happened. In other eps you have a point but in that specific one the context was clear.
    It is clear the writers are idiots and Lillian is a moron. They took no precautions at all. If he wanted to be easy on her the absolute minimum would be having her searched and locked away until Jeremiah could convince her to join them.

Retired

One thing I thought about Lionel Luthor's affair with Lena's biological mother is that it's rather vague who she was. Given the series emphasis on aliens, I wondered to myself if Lena's mother was an alien. After all, the PotUS is an alien posing as an Earthling.

It is clear the writers are idiots and Lillian is a moron. They took no precautions at all. If he wanted to be easy on her the absolute minimum would be having her searched and locked away until Jeremiah could convince her to join them.
    The problem with your scenario is then Alex wouldn't be able to blow stuff up or commandeer the spaceship. So we wouldn't get all the cool explosions or the hands touching through the glass scene.
    The writers knew exactly what they were doing to move the story along and give lots of neat action scenes. Your version would make a pretty boring story. Best to leave this sort of stuff to the professionals.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The problem with your scenario is then Alex wouldn't be able to blow stuff up or commandeer the spaceship. So we wouldn't get all the cool explosions or the hands touching through the glass scene.
    The writers knew exactly what they were doing to move the story along and give lots of neat action scenes. Your version would make a pretty boring story. Best to leave this sort of stuff to the professionals.

LOL, I have seen professionals do things the right way for years. Cool stuff that relies on utter stupidity is not my thing. Maybe it takes you too long to realize idiocy? And Alex in not the star of the show. They don't need to have her do cool stuff, that is what SG is for.

so who is playing Zod? What about Ursa?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who is playing Zod? What about Ursa?
    Mark Gibbon has been cast as Zod.

Funny thing is I thought we'd already seen this on the show last year. But I guess I just imagined it. I'm rather done with the evil Kryptonians and wish they could move on to other things.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Funny thing is I thought we'd already seen this on the show last year. But I guess I just imagined it. I'm rather done with the evil Kryptonians and wish they could move on to other things.

They should have ended the season with a White Martian invasion cliffhanger. They would need all hands on deck for that.

Mighty Member

The nanobots disintegrating that informant was the best scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

That wasn't Zod that was Non. They made Non more Zod like in this

I really The guy playing Lena's ex to play David Xanatos in the live action. Gargoyles movie

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I really The guy playing Lena's ex to play David Xanatos in the live action. Gargoyles movie
    I always wanted RDJ. Id cry if they announced a live action Gargoyles movies. The aprils fools joke awhile back pissed me off

LOL, I have seen professionals do things the right way for years. Cool stuff that relies on utter stupidity is not my thing. Maybe it takes you too long to realize idiocy? And Alex in not the star of the show. They don't need to have her do cool stuff, that is what SG is for.
    Or maybe just getting bogged down in niggling little details just isn't my thing.

So was Kara still using her blog after she'd been fired by Snapper? It'd be nice to think she at least kept up her journalism after losing her job, even if she wasn't getting paid to do it.

I'm sure some people are going to hold it against Jack that he got in the way of the "KaraxLena" ship and showed Lena was straight (or maybe bi-sexual), but I could certainly see what Lena found so attractive about him. He was charming, affable intelligent, and passionate about science and his career, and really knew how to romance a woman. It's a tragedy his greatest work ended up turning him into an unwilling killer and led to his death, right after reconciling with the woman he loved .

Mon-El forgot his secret identity's last name, didn't he? So Jack died thinking the man who he had a very uncomfortable moment with the night before was named "Mike Mike."

So Mon-El has super-hearing, but not X-Ray Vision? At least I assume that was uper-hearing that let him pick up Jack as Biomax before he arrived back at his office. I think his only other confirmed powers are super-speed, invulnerability, and maybe super-strength?

Hey, an episode with Jimmy as Guardian where he's not ineffectual or gets beat up. They even remembered he's the new head of CatCo .

Team Guardian seems to be shaping up well now that it's gone from a Dynamic Duo to a Terrific Trio with Lyra onboard with her semi-superhuman muscle. I wonder who's more of a sidekick for Jimmy, Winn or Lyra? Not that Lyra would ever want to be a sidekick...

Team Supergirl has also kind of morphed into Team DEO now that I think about it, since her close support team all works at the DEO and Jimmy is off doing his own thing now. Of course that would put J'onn more in the lead then Kara, though she is their primary field operative.

I can't help but think one thing Jimmy enjoys about his friendship with Winn is that this time he's the dominant role in the relationship, compared to when he was Superman's Pal in his youth. Although I don't think they're near close enough to where "brothers" would be an accurate way of describing their relationship. They're certainly no OliverxDiggle.

It was good to see Kara finally admitting her mistake with her blog and what she learned from that experience, and from working with Snapper, helping to make her a stronger and more straightforward "ace reporter." And Snapper, on his part, admitted Kara did good work and that she's the kind of reporter CatCo needs, earning Kara her job back. Which we probably could have guessed given the intro still kept referring to her as a reporter at CatCo .

I'm genuinely curious how much Kara and Lena's friendship reflects Clark and Lex's, and if it will end just as badly...

So Lex was arrested at his home? It wasn't after a battle with Superman? Were his crimes unknown to the public before Superman exposed him? Was their rivalry some kind of secret war that went on for years before he was outed to the public as a Supervillain? That would be in-line with the comics to some degree, particularly Post-Crisis.

I wonder what Rhea wants with Lena and how it involves her getting Mon-El back? I can't imagine she's going to let Lena know she's an alien or an enemy of Supergirl.