Page 13 of 374 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

That's cool they introduced the idea that sometimes Supergirl is going to have to fight human criminals with advanced weaponry. I liked that she had to figure out how to beat Reactron, although I didn't think they needed to go so far as to say Superman never could beat him (and he even failed to when he came to Supergirl's rescue). I'm sure Reactron escaping once would've been enough, although I did like Superman text congratulating her at the end. Guess that's one way of having them interact without showing him onscreen.

I like Kara having a crush on James and this episode showed how they're still feeling each other out, but her sister saying she's never seen Kara this happy around a guy before rang a bit false. It's still early.

Sheesh, how many headquarters with a team of people assisting her does Supergirl need? I don't think that room at CatCo is all that safe just because people are hesitant to go into an office where someone died.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    But I do wonder if we'll ever see any other superheroes (aside from Superman) on the show. Kara's talk about "Earth no longer having just one hero" could be interpreted as referring to heroes who work on a global scale, which is Superman's thing. It could be that there are other, lower key capes who stick closer to home. Presumably, if any did appear, they would have to be ones who haven't appeared (or aren't slated to appear) on Flash, Arrow, and Legends--which would eliminate a lot of old-school Justice League-related characters--but that could still leave some interesting possibilities.
    I'd like to see a younger female hero look up to Supergirl and try to follow her example. Use someone like Wonder Girl or Mary Marvel...or maybe Ms. Martian would be easier and tie better into the alien thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Great job James, blabbing Clark's secret ID like that. It's one thing if Clark himself wants to do it, or if he gives you/Kara the ok to do it for him. But this, bad James bad. Just for that, I'm calling you "Jimmy" for the rest of the week.
    I kind of liked the slip up, it can easily come out in a tense situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So all DC TV superheroes apparently need:

-The nerdy tech person who also doubles as a fashion designer/comic relief.
    -The somewhat morally ambiguous female character.
    -The Black guy who's the emotional center/voice of reason on the team.
    Don't forget an opening narration that establishes what the outside world thinks of them and then what they do/who they are secretly.

BANNED

I saw that there was some level of debate about Henshaw and the glowing eyes elsewhere. Some are saying he will end up being the cyborg Superman, others say Martian Manhunter.

I think they are using Henshaw as the Martian Manhunter. Traditionally the Cyborg Superman is portrayed as one human eye, one glowing eye, and J'onn's eyes both generally glow red. So to me, that is the clue about him. That, and while he has been tough on Kara, he has also shown serious respect for her, and in the last episode he announced that they would have to help her with non-alien threats as well.

So until they reveal otherwise, I am considering Henshaw to be J'onn J'onzz.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Sheesh, how many headquarters with a team of people assisting her does Supergirl need? I don't think that room at CatCo is all that safe just because people are hesitant to go into an office where someone died.
    It's hopefully more secure then the ol' Arrowcave on Arrow used to be, even if it's slightly more inconspicuous then a basement door that seemingly never opens .

I'd like to see a younger female hero look up to Supergirl and try to follow her example. Use someone like Wonder Girl or Mary Marvel...or maybe Ms. Martian would be easier and tie better into the alien thing.
    Wonder Girl and Mary would probably require establishing Wonder Woman and Billy, but M'gann definitely might be easier to work into the show. Especially if there is a Martian Manhunter connection with Henshaw.

Plus, her costume traditionally also has a skirt, so Supergirl could be an inspiration for that .

Don't forget an opening narration that establishes what the outside world thinks of them and then what they do/who they are secretly.
    I have to wonder if Gustin and Benoist are going to be asked to recite their intros at cons as much as Stephen Amell is.

HANK HENSHAW IS NOT MARTIAN MANHUNTER. talking about this is as stupid as suggesting John Diggle was going to become the John Stewart version of Green Lantern because he had the first name John. If Henshaw becomes Martian Manhunter I'll take a video of me eating a dollar and post it on youtube

Also think that possibly Henshaw is the Martian Manhunter.
    That's what I was thinking when I saw the last episode.
    Last edited by Lois; 11-11-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Doesn't Darkseid have glowing red eyes too? Just think of it as his pulling a really long con.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Astonishing Member

Raven on Teen Titans Go has glowing red eyes, so he is transgendered grown up Raven.

Makes sense to me.

Or maybe he is just mad at Starbucks new cup.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    HANK HENSHAW IS NOT MARTIAN MANHUNTER. talking about this is as stupid as suggesting John Diggle was going to become the John Stewart version of Green Lantern because he had the first name John. If Henshaw becomes Martian Manhunter I'll take a video of me eating a dollar and post it on youtube
    But don't forget that J'onn is a shape shifter as well. So he could take on the name and appearance of Henshaw to gain access to the DEO without having to set up a false ID. Remember, never say never.

The producers of Arrow said that there wouldn't be powered villains on Arrow, until suddenly, there they were. It took all of a season and a half. Be open to the possibility.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    But don't forget that J'onn is a shape shifter as well. So he could take on the name and appearance of Henshaw to gain access to the DEO without having to set up a false ID. Remember, never say never.

The producers of Arrow said that there wouldn't be powered villains on Arrow, until suddenly, there they were. It took all of a season and a half. Be open to the possibility.
    The reasons why he's most likely not Manhunter have nothing to do with powers. It's because using an established character name with "S" history like Henshaw and appending it to a completely different established character like Manhunter doesn't make much story sense. If they were going to do a bait-n-switch, it would make a lot more sense to go the AOS Skye/Daisy route and start with a character that has no recognition factor, to catch the viewers (at least the ones in the know) off-guard. Also, they already did the "Martian Manhunter goes undercover as a human peacekeeper to keep an eye on Kryptonian survivor and help capture escaped Kryptonian criminals" storyline on Smallville. It was a major plot line of the show. Granted, that was a few years ago, but not so long that there wouldn't be a lot of people claiming "ripoff" if they went to that well again.

BANNED

Granted, that was a few years ago, but not so long that there wouldn't be a lot of people claiming "ripoff" if they went to that well again.
    There will always be people claiming ripoff on every storyline, because every storyline can be tangentially (at least) referenced as "like" another storyline.

However, I don't think Hank is MM, both for the reasons you stated, and for the reason that the last thing this show wants to do is bring in a good guy male who is the physical equal of Supergirl.

The reasons why he's most likely not Manhunter have nothing to do with powers. It's because using an established character name with "S" history like Henshaw and appending it to a completely different established character like Manhunter doesn't make much story sense. If they were going to do a bait-n-switch, it would make a lot more sense to go the AOS Skye/Daisy route and start with a character that has no recognition factor, to catch the viewers (at least the ones in the know) off-guard. Also, they already did the "Martian Manhunter goes undercover as a human peacekeeper to keep an eye on Kryptonian survivor and help capture escaped Kryptonian criminals" storyline on Smallville. It was a major plot line of the show. Granted, that was a few years ago, but not so long that there wouldn't be a lot of people claiming "ripoff" if they went to that well again.
    Maybe real Hank is out in space now becoming Cyborg Supes or whatever.
    J'onn took Hank's identity to sneak into earth. The accident in space killed everyone and J'onn came back as Hank saying he was the only survivor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Maybe real Hank is out in space now becoming Cyborg Supes or whatever.
    J'onn took Hank's identity to sneak into earth. The accident in space killed everyone and J'onn came back as Hank saying he was the only survivor.
    Like I said, the issue isn't "how" it's "why" and there's really no good story reason "why" for Henshaw to be J'onn J'onzz.

As merely a casual DC fan, at first I liked the idea of Henshaw being MM. But the more I read, the less I like the idea. He's gotta be someone else, perhaps even a new character. I'm not well-versed enough on Kara's rogues gallery to speculate further.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Like I said, the issue isn't "how" it's "why" and there's really no good story reason "why" for Henshaw to be J'onn J'onzz.
    This show isnt following any continuity so they can come up with all sorts of reasons.
    Maybe he is keeping his martian brothers safe and away from the eyes of these people.

Mighty Member

Supergirl vs Red Tornado in episode 6