Page 13 of 286 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Ummm....

No episode so far has had a story even remotely revolving around Superman. You're just being determined to make stuff up for some reason.
    The last episode was all about a Superman villain coming to beat her because of him, he beats her and he shows up, Supes gets credit for the save, he shows up because Jimmy called him, i mean, really.

What's your definition of remotely, here? Supes appeared in the latest episode.

You guys are actually saying that this is the only way a Supergirl show can exist?
    If it spends half it's time mentioning Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    The last episode was all about a Superman villain coming to beat her because of him, he beats her and he shows up, Supes gets credit for the save, he shows up because Jimmy called him, i mean, really.

What's your definition of remotely, here? Supes appeared in the latest episode.

You guys are actually saying that this is the only way a Supergirl show can exist?
    If it spends half it's time mentioning Superman?
    The key here is what is the definition of "revolving " . This is not a series that revolves around Superman. Or hasn't been a single episode that revolves around Superman.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

The key here is what is the definition of "revolving " . This is not a series that revolves around Superman. Or hasn't been a single episode that revolves around Superman.
    Look, im not going to get into a discussion on the definition of a word.
    You know what i mean when im talking about this. I expected a Supergirl show to focus on Supergirl and what she does, i wouldn't mind a few Supes mention but we instead have 3 episodes that keep growing the amount of Superman being involved in the story.

You know what? These episodes ALMOST seem like backdoor pilots for an actual Supergirl show that were shown in a Superman show.

Again, i want a Supergirl show about Supergirl and not about how she is connected to Superman.
    I would not mind Reactron saying, "Im going to beat you like i beat Superman." But when he gets into a his whole background being about Superman and he is only doing this to get to Superman... oh boy, come on.

BANNED

That is...not true.

The law requires civic accountability to determine whether the circumstances justify lethal force. You don't get to decide that for yourself.
    The law decides what is legally justifiable, but "legal" and "moral" are not the same things. An act can be morally justifiable (which was the specific issue at hand regarding Barry's actions, not the legality of them) and still violate the letter of the law. Conversely, just because someone is found "not guilty" in court doesn't mean their actions had any moral justification.
    Last edited by kalorama; 11-10-2015 at 08:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    OK, so never mentioned on the show. Fine.

This makes no sense. Not wanting to be known as Toyman's son is not the same thing as throwing away your tech skills. He could change his name and work anywhere, doing what he apparently is good at.
    But since, as you note, we have no idea what he actually does at CatCo, it's entirely possible that he is using his tech skills. (According to the character description that was released when the actor was cast, he works in It, so there you go.) Now, whatever it is he's doing is probably beneath his skill level, but the same could be said of Kara as Cat's assistant. Like I said, they both chose to hide their light under a bushel, in part to escape the long shadows of their families, and in part because they lacked ambition and direction (which Kara's becoming Supergirl helped them both find). It happens all the time in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    And if Supergirl doesn't want to be known as Superman's cousin: (1) she shouldn't tell people she's Superman's cousin, (2) she shouldn't call herself Supergirl (yeah, I know Cat came up with the name, but she could have squelched that pretty quickly, and (3) don't be a superhero. She obviously wants the connection with Earth's greatest hero, but wants to be recognized for herself. Good luck to her.
    And, as I believe I made clear in my original post, I was specifically referring to the choice Kara made to work as a personal assistant before she became Supergirl (the phrase "for much the same reasons Kara originally decided to hide her powers" should have been the giveaway).
    Last edited by kalorama; 11-10-2015 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The law decides what is legally justifiable, but "legal" and "moral" are not the same things. An act can be morally justifiable (which was the specific issue at hand regarding Barry's actions, not the legality of them) and still violate the letter of the law. Conversely, just because someone is found "not guilty" in court doesn't mean their actions had any moral justification.
    Morals are determined by society and a codified into law . No individual gets to decide whether an action is moral only society does. Civic accountability is irrevocably tied to morality .
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

I wonder whats Henshaw's motives in this show, he's not an alien, so what is he?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    The only thing that gave me pause was when they first fought and he flew away when his suit was damaged, Supergirl was still in ok condition. Why didn't she just take off after him?
    I had a few seconds pause on that too. I justified the story calling for Supergirl to just let Reactron go with an explanation to myself that Supergirl wanted to check up on everyone at the accident scene to make sure they were okay after Reactron sent her flying uncontrollably a few times into various vehicles. Also, it was still the site of a major pileup. More people could have needed Supergirl and Reactron had interrupted that before she could check all the vehicles. She probably wanted to make sure everyone was safe first.

That's how I justified it, at least.

That's cool they introduced the idea that sometimes Supergirl is going to have to fight human criminals with advanced weaponry. I liked that she had to figure out how to beat Reactron, although I didn't think they needed to go so far as to say Superman never could beat him (and he even failed to when he came to Supergirl's rescue). I'm sure Reactron escaping once would've been enough, although I did like Superman text congratulating her at the end. Guess that's one way of having them interact without showing him onscreen.

I like Kara having a crush on James and this episode showed how they're still feeling each other out, but her sister saying she's never seen Kara this happy around a guy before rang a bit false. It's still early.

Sheesh, how many headquarters with a team of people assisting her does Supergirl need? I don't think that room at CatCo is all that safe just because people are hesitant to go into an office where someone died.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    But I do wonder if we'll ever see any other superheroes (aside from Superman) on the show. Kara's talk about "Earth no longer having just one hero" could be interpreted as referring to heroes who work on a global scale, which is Superman's thing. It could be that there are other, lower key capes who stick closer to home. Presumably, if any did appear, they would have to be ones who haven't appeared (or aren't slated to appear) on Flash, Arrow, and Legends--which would eliminate a lot of old-school Justice League-related characters--but that could still leave some interesting possibilities.
    I'd like to see a younger female hero look up to Supergirl and try to follow her example. Use someone like Wonder Girl or Mary Marvel...or maybe Ms. Martian would be easier and tie better into the alien thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Great job James, blabbing Clark's secret ID like that. It's one thing if Clark himself wants to do it, or if he gives you/Kara the ok to do it for him. But this, bad James bad. Just for that, I'm calling you "Jimmy" for the rest of the week.
    I kind of liked the slip up, it can easily come out in a tense situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So all DC TV superheroes apparently need:

-The nerdy tech person who also doubles as a fashion designer/comic relief.
    -The somewhat morally ambiguous female character.
    -The Black guy who's the emotional center/voice of reason on the team.
    Don't forget an opening narration that establishes what the outside world thinks of them and then what they do/who they are secretly.

BANNED

I saw that there was some level of debate about Henshaw and the glowing eyes elsewhere. Some are saying he will end up being the cyborg Superman, others say Martian Manhunter.

I think they are using Henshaw as the Martian Manhunter. Traditionally the Cyborg Superman is portrayed as one human eye, one glowing eye, and J'onn's eyes both generally glow red. So to me, that is the clue about him. That, and while he has been tough on Kara, he has also shown serious respect for her, and in the last episode he announced that they would have to help her with non-alien threats as well.

So until they reveal otherwise, I am considering Henshaw to be J'onn J'onzz.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Sheesh, how many headquarters with a team of people assisting her does Supergirl need? I don't think that room at CatCo is all that safe just because people are hesitant to go into an office where someone died.
    It's hopefully more secure then the ol' Arrowcave on Arrow used to be, even if it's slightly more inconspicuous then a basement door that seemingly never opens .

I'd like to see a younger female hero look up to Supergirl and try to follow her example. Use someone like Wonder Girl or Mary Marvel...or maybe Ms. Martian would be easier and tie better into the alien thing.
    Wonder Girl and Mary would probably require establishing Wonder Woman and Billy, but M'gann definitely might be easier to work into the show. Especially if there is a Martian Manhunter connection with Henshaw.

Plus, her costume traditionally also has a skirt, so Supergirl could be an inspiration for that .

Don't forget an opening narration that establishes what the outside world thinks of them and then what they do/who they are secretly.
    I have to wonder if Gustin and Benoist are going to be asked to recite their intros at cons as much as Stephen Amell is.

HANK HENSHAW IS NOT MARTIAN MANHUNTER. talking about this is as stupid as suggesting John Diggle was going to become the John Stewart version of Green Lantern because he had the first name John. If Henshaw becomes Martian Manhunter I'll take a video of me eating a dollar and post it on youtube

Also think that possibly Henshaw is the Martian Manhunter.
    That's what I was thinking when I saw the last episode.
    Last edited by Lois; 11-11-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Doesn't Darkseid have glowing red eyes too? Just think of it as his pulling a really long con.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Astonishing Member

Raven on Teen Titans Go has glowing red eyes, so he is transgendered grown up Raven.

Makes sense to me.

Or maybe he is just mad at Starbucks new cup.