Page 146 of 374 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie View Post
    Hi guys. Does anyone know what comic book/issue does Melissa Benoist appear in? Her photo likeness?
    (Example: Wonder Woman #50 had a variant where Gal Gadot is the cover). She's coming to a Convention soon, and I'd like Melissa to sign something that bears her likeness. Hopefully her 1st appearance in a comic book cover - even an advertisement would do.

Thanks in advance for your response.
    I believe the cover for the Supergirl tie-in book features Melissa Benoist's likeness on most of the covers .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I believe the cover for the Supergirl tie-in book features Melissa Benoist's likeness on most of the covers .
    Thanks, thought so but don't know which exactly is the first.
    Is it this one?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie View Post
    Thanks, thought so but don't know which exactly is the first.
    Is it this one?
    More like this one:

Ultimate Member

Somehow I don't expect the new Dynasty to last very long...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Somehow I don't expect the new Dynasty to last very long...
    I would be very surprised if it gets a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I would be very surprised if it gets a second season.
    Dynasty was very much a product of it's time and I don't think it will work as well now.

I wonder with Adler leaving and Floriana Lima not a series regular in season three if the Alex/Maggie lesbian story line will be either downplayed a lot or even dropped altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I wonder with Adler leaving and Floriana Lima not a series regular in season three if the Alex/Maggie lesbian story line will be either downplayed a lot or even dropped altogether.
    That would be an unfortunate consequence, to say the least .

Ultimate Member

Well given that outside of when they were pushing Alex as a lesbian Maggie barely showed up if at all it wouldn't take much to drop her entirely and have Alex be all moody and single for having flings with guest stars that they want to have on whenever...

Retired

The second season introduced a lot of new ideas, but it didn't have time to give many of these enough attention. I was interested in Maggie as the police captain--I wanted to see how the local police dealt with Supergirl and what kind of tactical support they gave her. And how that contrasted with the DEO. But the only reason for Maggies' existence seemed to be her sexuality and advancing Alex's plot. Maggie should be an interesting character in her own right, regardless of her relationship with Kara's sister.

Next season would do better to cut down on some of the subplots. However, I would say that it kept things interesting this season rather than just focusing on the big bad, like with ARROW and FLASH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The second season introduced a lot of new ideas, but it didn't have time to give many of these enough attention. I was interested in Maggie as the police captain--I wanted to see how the local police dealt with Supergirl and what kind of tactical support they gave her. And how that contrasted with the DEO. But the only reason for Maggies' existence seemed to be her sexuality and advancing Alex's plot. Maggie should be an interesting character in her own right, regardless of her relationship with Kara's sister.

Next season would do better to cut down on some of the subplots. However, I would say that it kept things interesting this season rather than just focusing on the big bad, like with ARROW and FLASH.
    I was also disappointed that more time wasn't spent with Maggie as a cop instead of just Maggie was the girlfriend of Alex. About the only time we really got to see Maggie doing police work was ironically in the episode Alex, where Supergirl crashed Maggie's hostage negotiation and a little bit in the Star Crossed episode, where she was investigating the art theft that Lyra committed.

I wonder how much of the season will be spent on Reign, or if we get to see other villains pop up and get an episode here and there. I really would like them to ditch Guardian, but I'm not sure what is left
    for James to do at this point. Mostly I just want to see more Supergirl. Some episodes she almost seemed to be just one of the supporting characters.

I was really hoping we'd see more of Kara and Maggie interacting and get a consistent dynamic and friendship going like Maggie had with Clark, but the only episode that really focused on their relationship was late in season 2 when Alex was kidnapped...

Extraordinary Member

Just watched the season 2 finale.

As a 25 year fan of Wonder Woman, no way can I see Kara beating down Clark in a straight up slugging match where he thinks he is fighting Zod.

At least with Mon-El out of the way she can finally get together with Lena.

PS - I feel my emotions, Cat, I just don't wear them on my sleeve.
    Last edited by brettc1; 06-20-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Just watched the season 2 finale.

As a 25 year fan of Wonder Woman, no way can I see Kara beating down Clark in a straight up slugging match where he thinks he is fighting Zod.

At least with Mon-El out of the way she can finally get together with Lena.

PS - I feel my emotions, Cat, I just don't wear them on my sleeve.
    Isn't Wonder Woman supposed to be about equal in strength to Superman? In Supergirl New 52 #17 Supergirl was putting up a pretty good beat down on Wonder Woman.
    Wonder Woman only managed to win because Supergirl expended all of her power. And the New 52 Supergirl had far less fighting experience than the TV Supergirl now has.
    Not to mention in Supergirl New 52 #2 when Supergirl first met Superman she put a pretty good beat down on Superman. And Supergirl had just arrived on Earth. And the only
    reason the fight stopped was Superman managed to talk her down.
    And in Supergirl New 52 #6 Reign talks about how she observed Supergirl's fight with the male, and came to the conclusion Supergirl is the only one powerful enough to stop her.
    So I guess I am confused as to where the idea that Supergirl couldn't put a beat down on Superman is coming from. It was never shown in any of the recent Supergirl comic books.