Page 166 of 374 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 5596
    Retired

Yeah, Samantha is working over at L-Corp. I don't know if she's the head--maybe chief financial officer. Her job has something to do with finances. Strange that one Samantha passes from the Arrowverse while another rises. Maybe it's a Berlanti-Kreisberg rule: there must always be a Samantha.

Lena may not have a sexual interest in Kara, but clearly some deep attraction's there, even if it's platonic. It's unfortunate that the cast dismissed the L-word out of hand at SDCC. Not that I support the haters that went after them for their casual kibitzing. But I think it's cool to have characters we wonder about and we don't have all the answers. We should be allowed to muse about all the possible reasons why Lena is so obsessed with Kara.

I find it strange everyone knows Mon-El and Kara were dating. I thought she was dating his secret identity. It seems strange that an alien super-being would pick some random chick to start dating as soon as he came to Earth. But I guess Lena considers Kara such a star in the universe that it doesn't surprise her when men will fly across the galaxy for the chance to worship at her feet.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifterWC View Post
    I thought Lena had introduced Samantha as the new head of Luthor Corp. I might have to re-watch that part though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I'll have to as well but it sounded like Lena was having Samantha take over everyday duties at CatCo when I watched it.
    No, Grifter is right. Lena wants to be hands on and present at CatCo, so she hired Samantha to run L-Corp in her stead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I find it strange everyone knows Mon-El and Kara were dating. I thought she was dating his secret identity. It seems strange that an alien super-being would pick some random chick to start dating as soon as he came to Earth. But I guess Lena considers Kara such a star in the universe that it doesn't surprise her when men will fly across the galaxy for the chance to worship at her feet.
    Lena found out "Mike" was Mon-El when they were kidnapped by Mon-El's mother.

I even recall her asking her asking Supergirl point-blank about Mon-El being Kara Danvers' boyfriend, almost like she was insinuating she knew what was going on.

Retired

I prefer to think that Lena is infatuated with Kara to the extent that she can't see her in an objective way and so she misses the resemblance to Supergirl and dismisses any information that would contradict her belief. She's blinded by her feelings--in the same way Keith Partridge was deaf to Dora Kelly's flat tones.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Lena may not have a sexual interest in Kara, but clearly some deep attraction's there, even if it's platonic. It's unfortunate that the cast dismissed the L-word out of hand at SDCC. Not that I support the haters that went after them for their casual kibitzing. But I think it's cool to have characters we wonder about and we don't have all the answers. We should be allowed to muse about all the possible reasons why Lena is so obsessed with Kara.
    For commercial reasons only, DC/WB doesn't want a hint of lesbianism attached to Kara and I doubt that will change anytime in the near future.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

It helps to remember that in universe aliens are very common here. National City seemingly being something of a Sanctuary City for them too. When you can go to a bar that caters almost exclusively to them, or pull over an alien who's having a normal business day (as we saw last season), aliens dating some of the humans isn't that odd overall.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Once again Ms. Tessmacher finds herself working under a Luthor, though Lena doesn't strike me as the type to yell out her name .
    Love it!

So did Ruby's father die or does Ruby not have a father at all, because Samantha's response seemed very ambiguous. Though you have to wonder what the purpose behind Reign being able to procreate on her own is, unless Ruby is another Reign?
    You're not the only one with those questions. If turns out that Ruby is an ordinary human, I'll roll my eyes.

The show's never really gone into what Kara's experience in the Phantom Zone and stuck in her pod was like, but it was understandably very traumatizing for her at such a young age and after she'd just seen her planet destroyed. Clark was lucky he was just a baby when it happened .
    Too bad the DEO doesn't have a superhero psychologist.

I'm definitely getting the sense that Alex and Maggie are on different wavelengths when it comes to their marriage and what's going to happen, and that they might be rushing into things a little
    I did however enjoyed how J'onn worded his reasoning on getting a DJ, and demonstrating his psychic powers, he does deserve a 'World's Greatest Boss" mug. I find it hard to believe that Psi is the strongest psychic he ever encountered. Now if he said Psi was the strongest human psychic he encounter on Earth, I'll believe that.

Psychic Inhibitor Red sounds like a deodorant to me.

Oh, if they ever show Morgan Edge again, I hope it's to introduce the New Gods, since Morgan had connects to Darkseid the the comic books.

By the way, has Darksied or anyone from his planet encountered a Worldkiller in the comic books?

Even when Mon-El isn't there he annoys the **** out of me.

Kara whining was barely bearable this episode.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    You're not the only one with those questions. If turns out that Ruby is an ordinary human, I'll roll my eyes.
    For some reason, I'm enjoying this sub plot more than everything else at the present time. Maybe because it was unexpected.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Yeah given I didn't feel the two had any chemistry last season I'm rather pained at this point that we're supposed to care about Mon-El and his missing (the show still hasn't actually given us any reason for why she likes him yet). But at this point what can you do.

J'Onn and M'Gann are something of an awkward sell as well though a lot less so. Though that's only really due to her YJ self being that J'Onn's niece which I knew would make things awkward for future iterations of themselves. But man am I happy to see her return.

I do wonder who or what will end up being this seasons threat. Reign is obviously being built up but this might just be the only season of ANY CW show that there wasn't an ongoing threat from someone since the start. Reign sort of counts but there's not any real indication yet that she'll be the big bad of the shows season, though it can be assumed. Arrow's sort of in the same boat thus far in that regard IE there's no clear one big threat yet but it's had one its previous 4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah given I didn't feel the two had any chemistry last season I'm rather pained at this point that we're supposed to care about Mon-El and his missing (the show still hasn't actually given us any reason for why she likes him yet). But at this point what can you do.
    If anything good comes out of the Mon-El subplot, it's going to be the Legion showing up.

I do wonder who or what will end up being this seasons threat. Reign is obviously being built up but this might just be the only season of ANY CW show that there wasn't an ongoing threat from someone since the start. Reign sort of counts but there's not any real indication yet that she'll be the big bad of the shows season, though it can be assumed. Arrow's sort of in the same boat thus far in that regard IE there's no clear one big threat yet but it's had one its previous 4 seasons.
    Interviews seem to have Reign pegged as the main villain of this season, and that they're going to pull a Davis Bloome/Doomsday by focusing on her developing into the Big Bad of the show.

I think that would be a first for an Arrowverse series since the main villains are generally fully-fledged by the time they encounter or go against their respective hero.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    For commercial reasons only, DC/WB doesn't want a hint of lesbianism attached to Kara and I doubt that will change anytime in the near future.
    I think there's a "hint" of it, but I agree that it will never go further than that.

Sandy Hausler

Spectacular Member

I just can't get over the fact that no one thought to build him an air filtration room, suit, mask or pump of some sort, considering that just being inside the pod on Earth was probably enough to keep him safe and separated from the Earth's atmosphere. It feels like a lot of angst for nothing.
    Last edited by feenix219; 10-19-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Getting kind of bored with:

1. Supergirl forgets her powers and stands there like a dummy.
    2. Once, again - let's come up with some BS reason why J'onn (the most powerful guy on the planet) is useless.
    3. The police never pull the trigger when they can, which would have ended the episode early.

Yawn! I do like Reign. The office politics at Catco - Yawn. More reasons for Jimmy to be useless, once again.

Lesbian love - so what - go R rated - that would be more interesting. Kara has PTSD - easily treated, see a cognitive behavioral therapist.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 10-19-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

"easily treated"

I'm not sure if any therapist or physicatrist and the like would ever call treating trauma easy.

So here's a question.

While it's played up as trauma so far. Does anyone think the direct visions of Mon-El are supposed to be literal IE him contacting Kara psychically? That's the feeling I got but I know it's too early to say.

Yeah given Reign is the being built up bad I do wonder what'll happen to set her off in the end and how Ruby will fit into it. I doubt they'd have the guts to actually kill off Ruby (not impossible but fairly unlikely). And I'm wondering just what Samantha thinks her origin is given she doesn't seem to have any idea she's super powered and after this episode basically brushed it off so far.