Page 17 of 374 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

so why does Mrs. Danvers have a problem with Kara?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so why does Mrs. Danvers have a problem with Kara?
    She doesn't have a problem with her. She's concerned about her.

Did I miss the announcement that it is okay to comment on someones appearance. Be they celebrity or poster? Be they god given or cosmetic surgery

So, I had a question.

Why didn't Mr. Danvers call up Superman after the DEO had left and tell him "Hey, these guys are threatening your cousin. Think you could, maybe, talk to the President or something to get them to back off?"

BANNED

Solid episode except the score during the mother/daughter chat. it was puke worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So, I had a question.

Why didn't Mr. Danvers call up Superman after the DEO had left and tell him "Hey, these guys are threatening your cousin. Think you could, maybe, talk to the President or something to get them to back off?"
    Henshaw should be glad that things went the way they did, because if Superman had found out that the DEO had forcibly conscripted Kara...I don't think it would end well for anyone.

BANNED

So, I had a question.

I expect that will be a major plot point as this story unfolds. It may very well be that Jeremiah was up to something he'd rather Superman not be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    My first significant gripe on the show: the conflict between Alex and mom is forced and ridiculous. Not liking this at all.
    Right. And if I have to hear any more talk about "protecting Kara," a person who really does not need to be protected, I'll be sick.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Did she just say that dean Cain/Doctor Danvers died in a plane crash? Edit yup. Lame.
    I wouldn't worry about it. He'll be back.

Sandy Hausler

And the foreshadowing that spoilers:
    the DEO is up to nefarious deeds and ends
    end of spoilers should hopefully put an end to the silly speculation that Henshaw is really Martian Manhunter.

LOL just kidding. The silliness will continue until half his face is a robot.
    That's for sure. This is CBR, after all (of which I am a proud moderator -- don't take that as a put down, Jonas).

Sandy Hausler

I personally expect to see Jeremiah a lot in the second half of the season. I don't think they'd sign up Dean Cain for a few cameos, and I'm not sure Dean would do it.

While I agree that Dean Cain will be back, I'm puzzled by your assertion that Mr. Cain would not (or at least might not) sign on for a few cameos. Why not? Is he in so much demand?

Sandy Hausler

So, I had a question.

Excellent point. The idea that DEO could take Kara without repercussions is just ridiculous.

Sandy Hausler

I expect that will be a major plot point as this story unfolds. It may very well be that Jeremiah was up to something he'd rather Superman not be aware of.
    You may be right, but (at this moment), I think you are giving the writers too much credit.

Sandy Hausler

Despite the effects of Supergirl's hovering being a little...so-so...her landings look cool. And I'm getting used to the non-red orange heat vision. I want some of that turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    HANK HENSHAW IS NOT MARTIAN MANHUNTER. talking about this is as stupid as suggesting John Diggle was going to become the John Stewart version of Green Lantern because he had the first name John. If Henshaw becomes Martian Manhunter I'll take a video of me eating a dollar and post it on youtube
    I highly doubt Henshaw is J'onn, but this would hardly be the first case of a bait and switch character (someone who seems to be one character from the comics and turns out to be another). Justice League Unlimited, Batman Begins, and Iron Man III all did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Did Supergirl just say she has been in 12 planets?
    I noticed that. Guess we missed a LOT in that pulled episode! CW-verse may have Thanagar all taken care of, but I'd like to see this show tackle Rann.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm actually really surprised that the show's adaption of Livewire was so accurate, especially considering how comic TV shows have generally handled and adapted villains, though I guess her status as a negative radio pundit is still fairly contemporary and thus works quite well on TV.
    Did the Leslie Willis version of Livewire debut on Superman the Animated Series before she was brought over into the comics? That's the version I'm mostly familiar with, and it's interesting that both that version and the Supergirl version used the lightning-through-Kryptonian origin. The actress wasn't exactly channeling Lori Petty, but she put a lot of personality into the character. She may've been a bit quick to go the bloodthirsty "I'm going to kill Cat Grant" route, but at least it set up the "skin a cat" pun and Cat's clever comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Livewire was, for my money, a much better electricity-based villain in live-action then Electro was in the Amazing Spider-Man 2 .
    Speaking of the Spider-Man Reboot movies, was anyone else reminded of those while the janitor was listening to music and vacuuming not aware there was stuff going on in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by dogwelder View Post
    Solid episode except the score during the mother/daughter chat. it was puke worthy.
    Who did that version of "Take Me To Church" anyway? I'm only familiar with the Hozier one.

Incredible Member

Y'know, while everyone is busy wondering if Hank Henshaw is actually Cyborg Superman or Martian Manhunter, is anybody else wondering if Maxwell Lord's going to be developing mind control powers if he doesn't have them already?