Page 175 of 286 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4290

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think Kara is more Barry's friend. I don't even think Kara knows Iris that well. Might even be a little awkward to invite another
    woman like Kara that Barry has feelings for, even if it is mostly platonic towards Kara. But it does look like Alex ends up meeting the gang.
    It looks like Alex and Kara will attend the wedding of Barry and Iris and rumors are Alex hooks up with Sara Lance in the cross-over.
    I guess by then Alex is more over the break-up. Or Sara is just rebound.
    Are you freakin’ kidding me?! Alex and sara?! Oy vey.��

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Are you freakin’ kidding me?! Alex and sara?! Oy vey.��
    More long distance relationships for the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought James did a good job on the last episode talking about his first meeting with Superman. That was a nice conversation, and the best thing that James has done with Kara since season 1.
    Definitely better then when he was trying to hook up with her or hide that he was a vigilante like a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely better then when he was trying to hook up with her or hide that he was a vigilante like a tool.
    Or her criticizing James for fighting criminals when he doesn't have powers...
    RIGHT after teaming up with Ollie and his crew of non-powered vigilantes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Or her criticizing James for fighting criminals when he doesn't have powers...
    RIGHT after teaming up with Ollie and his crew of non-powered vigilantes.
    Y'know, I really don't miss Guardian and his storylines that much .

What a weird use of "All Through the Night" by Cyndi Lauper.

Hey, investigative journalist Kara Danvers! That was pretty cool. As was Lena and James burying the hatchet.

Holy crap, Morgan Edge, you're evil! That was pretty sly of him, getting Lena to doubt herself like that, but I feel like his final blow wasn't thought out well enough. Sure, Lena would've been dead and he could place the blame on that pilot guy, but wouldn't it have been better to have her arrested? He's got to have recorded Lena coming into his office and putting a gun to his face, right? That's enough to discredit Lena, CatCo, and LuthorCorp, and even with Lena dead, Acre Lee would still lead back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Kara really CatCo's best reporter or does she only get these jobs because of the people she knows? Granted, I guess she could've been there as a friend for Lena and not as a reporter (it's not like she's unbiased either).
    When she said that, I thought another reporter was going to show up. What an odd line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    And now it's okay to talk about Olsen as Jimmy and it's within the boundaries of the show. Ol-thor are going to be in bed together by the mid season break, I predict.
    Better James than Morgan Edge.

A time traveler and a woman from another Earth? Wow, that's an INCREDIBLE long distance!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Holy crap, Morgan Edge, you're evil! That was pretty sly of him, getting Lena to doubt herself like that, but I feel like his final blow wasn't thought out well enough. Sure, Lena would've been dead and he could place the blame on that pilot guy, but wouldn't it have been better to have her arrested? He's got to have recorded Lena coming into his office and putting a gun to his face, right? That's enough to discredit Lena, CatCo, and LuthorCorp, and even with Lena dead, Acre Lee would still lead back to him.
    I guess Edge is just vindictive enough that he wanted Lena dead rather then behind bars.

It's probably also why he's leaving her alone, so he can gloat that there's nothing she can do to him.
    A time traveler and a woman from another Earth? Wow, that's an INCREDIBLE long distance!
    It might be a good reason to establish whether the Waverider can travel between different dimensions.

I think it will be more of a quickie. Like when Sara hooked up with the Queen of France or that nurse.

Hey, investigative journalist Kara Danvers! That was pretty cool.
    Kara was more of a reporter in this episode alone than Clark has been in his entire stint as a reporter in Superman Returns, Man of Steel, and Superman v Batman combined.
    I'm probably exaggerating, but I don't think by that much. And as an article here pointed out, Kara had to work at becoming a reporter instead of just showing up and having
    the job handed to her, like Clark was in MoS.

As was Lena and James burying the hatchet.
    I guess Jana is the next ship on the show.

My thought is that Morgan's plan was to crash the plane into the reservoir and the authorities would find Lena's body on board and Morgan would then be able to claim Lena was the one flying the plane.
    I don't think the original intention was to blame the Air Force guy. But after Supergirl screwed up that plan, Morgan used the Air Force guy as plan B.

Astonishing Member

Poor James err Jimmy now again. Only seemingly used or useful if the show wants you to be shipped with someone.

Alas.

The whole Acre Lee plot is too painfully hilarious to think about.

Even ignoring the plane bit at the end...wasn't that entire rec center still filled with barrels of Acre Lee chemicals which even if the plane bit went off without a hitch would exonerate Lena, even post humorously?

I guess airplanes are a lot heavier than alien prison ships. I mean. The writers remember she lifted Fort Rozz two seasons ago right?

Though I am a bit lost. At the very end it was made to seem that Edge sold the Acre Lee company years ago according to Kara and Edge's exchange. Is it somehow an elaborate lie or did he really just hold on to the chemicals all this time in case he could use them somehow? I'd assume the former since there's no way to predict the whole lead bomb and the Daxamites.

And perhaps ignored as well...but...if the lead bomb indeed had a 10% margin of error doesn't that mean there's a good possibility the bomb still ACTUALLY affected some people, just not the ones we thought it did? Granted even a .4 % chance of affecting people on a global scale WOULD still be bad and affect someone.

Have to admit despite everything I didn't actually expect Sanvers to break up just have them get married and kind of write Maggie off while having Alex bring her up here and there. So I was surprised by the finality of all of this.

Ah a Flashback episode. I don't think I actually want or care about it but hey. Gotta pad out the season somehow. Wonder if there'll be a "bad guy' somehow in the episode. Probably in the past that Kara defeats secretly I assume. Maybe even a cameo of J'Onn as Hank helping them out assuming this is taking place post Jerimiah's vanishing/J'Onn's joining of the DEO.

Astonishing Member

Another Lifetime Movie Network plot, forgetting powers or being so under powered by other kryptonian standards = what else is new?

The good thing was Edge telling her that she was a wussy girl. He is a murderer of many - the endless villain that we cannot do anything to is getting old. Kara does kill with ease. Those white martians didn't get a spanking but a disintegration. Fly Edge into the sun already.

Still waiting for Reign to be unleashed. I like her as a character. Flush Jimmy - get an alternate universe kid photographer in there.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The whole Acre Lee plot is too painfully hilarious to think about.

Even ignoring the plane bit at the end...wasn't that entire rec center still filled with barrels of Acre Lee chemicals which even if the plane bit went off without a hitch would exonerate Lena, even post humorously?
    Unless Edge got his goons to take the chemicals away once he found out they had been discovered. Wasn't that sort of the point of putting Lena on the plane?
    She found out about the chemicals at the rec center so Edge decided to use them to make her look even more evil. The chemicals in the plane might have even
    been the chemicals from the rec center. The barrel did look the same, after all. I suppose if they really wanted to Kara could take the police to the rec center to
    show them the barrels, but when the got there the barrel were gone. But there is only so much they can do with 42 minutes of show time and there were other
    plot points that they wanted to present.

I guess airplanes are a lot heavier than alien prison ships. I mean. The writers remember she lifted Fort Rozz two seasons ago right?

And a collapsing building. And a train last season. And Supergirl also lifted a full size submarine in the first episode this season. But the difference was she was pushing on something
    in all those cases. She was holding the plane up in this episode too. In fact she was exerting so much force on the plane it broke in half. Now this is where the problem comes in.
    People can exert a lot of force pushing on something. Look how much weight athletes can bench press. Some can press two or three times their body weight. But it is a lot more
    difficult grasping something heavy, especially some thin pieces of metal. So I could see where Supergirl would have trouble holding onto two pieces of crumbling metal at the same
    time. And Supergirl had no problem carrying the tail section after she dropped the front half of the plane.

Really it all comes down to if you can imagine why something can't be on one of these shows, it is just as easy to imagine why it can be. It all depends on if you want to play along with the story or not.

Maybe even a cameo of J'Onn as Hank helping them out assuming this is taking place post Jerimiah's vanishing/J'Onn's joining of the DEO.
    I think the next episode will be supporting character light. If J'onn shows up at all it will probably be just to loan Kara his car.

Standing Member

The way I see it, Supergirl was pulling on two halves of the fuselage that were both being pulled down by the gravitational mass of the Earth. I forget what I learned in high school physics, but I think that's much work than if she had been under the plane pushing up.

The only problem with that is the gravity should have been pulling Lena down and yet she was able to climb up against those forces.

I have to go back to school and study for four years to work out exactly what was happening in that scene.
    Celebrating 150 Years of the Hectograph!
    1869 - 2019
    👍

But it is a lot more difficult grasping something heavy, especially some thin pieces of metal. So I could see where Supergirl would have trouble holding onto two pieces of crumbling metal at the same time.
    I can also see that a plane which broke in half might have difficulty holding its integrity when held up by a piece of itself no bigger than Supergirl's hand. But I don't look to this show for realism. Just silly adventure.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I can also see that a plane which broke in half might have difficulty holding its integrity when held up by a piece of itself no bigger than Supergirl's hand. But I don't look to this show for realism. Just silly adventure.
    If people are looking for realism in a show where a 20-something woman flies around a city, is bullet proof, has super strength (inconsistent in how much it is at times), and near invulnerable (Kryptonite and magic (I presume) can still be nasty for her), they may need to look for a different show.

Astonishing Member

When she said that, I thought another reporter was going to show up. What an odd line.
    Kara was more of a reporter in this episode alone than Clark has been in his entire stint as a reporter in Superman Returns, Man of Steel, and Superman v Batman combined.
    I'm probably exaggerating, but I don't think by that much. And as an article here pointed out, Kara had to work at becoming a reporter instead of just showing up and having
    the job handed to her, like Clark was in MoS.
    I'm definitely more with 90's cartoon man but I agree with both of you more or less. I think this is the first time Kara's job as a reporter or journalist really worked. She has otherwise been handed everything to her on a platter and unfavorably been given kudos in the show despite really bad reporting and outside of her Supergirl abilities ACTUAL reporting ability. I've seen quite a few real life reporters joking about just how bad she seems to be at her job almost in spite of her powers. So this episode really made me like to see her otherwise be competent about it all.

It's even been lampshaded by Snapper himself last season about how little she actually knows about the job. I can definitely agree she's had it focused on more than Clark has in those films but in fairness they played virtually no role anyway there since it was Lois' investigative abilities that were on display in BvS and Man of Steel.