Page 181 of 374 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 5596
    Extraordinary Member

I've changed my mind.

I'm glad Kara knocked Clark the hell out. LOL
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

With Overgirl it would be no holds barred. Kara wasn't trying to hurt Clark, just make him stop hitting her. From some of the photos, it looks like Overgirl also got the best of Supergirl.

BANNED

Dear Supergirl creative team. You will never make me care about Mon-El. Thanks.

Mighty Member

Martians seem to have amazing will power and one heck of a healthy body to go weeks without using the bathroom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Mon-El, Saturn Gril, Brainiac 5. There needs to be another female--I'd prefer Shrinking Violet, Lightning Lass or Dawnstar. Chameleon Boy/Girl would be a good addition since Durla is the homeworld of the U.S. president.
    I like your choices, But I'd take Light Lass Version. Projectra, or White Witch. HELL, Gimme Dreamy.

Retired

Remember that J'Onn's father was imprisoned for hundreds of years by white Martians. He shows all the signs of someone who has been held in extreme captivity, where even his body functions would be controlled by his captors.

"Wake Up" should have been called, "Wake Up and Smell the Coffee, Supergirl."

This episode was just three story fragments all occupying the same space, but not related to each other. I'm not complaining, but none of these fragments gets very far--they just set things up. The Mon-El fragment was the most frustrating--he couldn't just come out with all the answers right away, because he had to keep the plot going.

It's unfortunate for Mon that he's being used this way. Last season he had to be secretive, too. Not good boyfriend material.

The few scenes with J'Onn and M'Rynn were all great. And Samantha's story is really fascinating. Chad Lowe did a good job directing all of this. However, I think we're being led down the garden path with no resolution in sight until after the mid season break.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I like your choices, But I'd take Light Lass Version. Projectra, or White Witch. HELL, Gimme Dreamy.
    I forgot about Dreamy, who is my favourite Legionnaire. But I was trying to think of women who could hook up with Alex. Dream Girl has always been straight, as far as I know. And while I'd love to see Nura Nal on TV, she has to be played by a stunning actress. And maybe that would be too much competition for Melissa Benoist.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Dear Supergirl creative team. You will never make me care about Mon-El. Thanks.
    Ditto. Though at least it looks like he's done on the series after this arc. Just never cared for him.

One Punch Girl.
    One Punch Man got nothing on Kara Danvers. I guess all the Mon-El haters loved that scene.

So Reign now has her own Fortress of [Solitude] Sanctuary.

Wonder who else is in the stasis chambers?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    One Punch Girl.
    One Punch Man got nothing on Kara Danvers. I guess all the Mon-El haters loved that scene.

So Reign now has her own Fortress of [Solitude] Sanctuary.

Wonder who else is in the stasis chambers?
    Hate? No. Just, as I said, never cared for him.

So I guess Martian's must have very large bladders if M'rynn has been holding that in for three weeks and a few days before Winn finally pointed him towards the bathroom.

J'onn shouldn't feel too bad about being committed to his job so much. Most Arrowverse heroes don't have much of a life outside of their job stopping bad guys. I guess this also confirms J'onn's been living at the DEO the whole time.

I was kind of surprised at how much Samantha's "origin" in this episode ended up mirroring Clark more then it did Kara's. I mean, she landed on Earth as a baby, was raised by a kindly adoptive mother (it seems a consistent theme with this family that there are seemingly no men in their lives), had her rocket stashed in a barn, and then she takes a crystal to the middle of nowhere to form a fortress with a holographic parent who ends up brainwashing her. It's Smallville all over again.

I guess Reign can't truly be an anti-Supergirl without her own Fortress of Solitude...I mean, Sanctuary. It's even in a desert to contrast with the Fortress of Solitude being in the arctic.

So Samantha had Ruby as a teenager (does that mean Ruby does have a dad?) and that somehow slowed her transformation into Reign?

I love how when Kara sees Mon-El reacting strangely she doesn't act shocked or try to reason with him, she just punches him .

I was kind of hoping his time in the future would've given Mon-El his full comic powerset but outside some ninja moves he seems as unimpressive as usual. He probably still doesn't have a costume either.

I'm probably one of the few people who actually like Mon-El but even I have to admit he came off really badly in this episode. Like, why couldn't he have told everyone what was going on and that he needed help keeping the Legion alive? Was he guilty? Was he trying not to effect the future? And even if I can accept that in the 7 years he was in the future he would move on from Kara and marry someone new (does that count as cheating?) kissing her in front of your old lover who had just told you how much she had missed and grieved for you was just cruel .

I guess they torpedoed Kara and Mon-El's relationship pretty well, and left Kara open for something with Brainiac 5, though having this be the end to the relationship that Kara's been agonizing over since the premier just felt particularly disappointing. Was it worth it seeing Kara so hurt by Mon-El's absence only to then have her deal with him basically leaving her for another woman?

Why did they have to make Saturn Girl Mon-El's wife? Like, they couldn't have used Shadow Lass? I know Imra's a bigger name but that didn't mean they had to hook her up with Mon-El just like that. The actress even looks more like Shadow Lass anyways, just with normal skin. It just seems kind of disrespectful to Legion history and the iconic romances of the franchise, not to mention doing a disservice to both Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad (who I guess isn't going to be around).

Y'know, I was really looking forward to seeing Kara and Imra get to hang out and become friends and now all their interaction is going to be colored by the fact that she's married to Mon-El. Thanks a lot show .

I was hoping for more of a fangirl moment between Saturn Girl and Supergirl, like whenever the Legion encounters Superman. I guess Supergirl just isn't as big a deal in the future...?

So what kind of "justice" is Reign supposed to deal out? To the point where she would be viewed as a "Worldbreaker?" Is she going to judge humanity and society as corrupt and then try to destroy it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I forgot about Dreamy, who is my favourite Legionnaire. But I was trying to think of women who could hook up with Alex. Dream Girl has always been straight, as far as I know. And while I'd love to see Nura Nal on TV, she has to be played by a stunning actress. And maybe that would be too much competition for Melissa Benoist.
    She's also known for her romance with Star Boy, but so far it doesn't seem like the showrunners care that much about established Legion relationships (except for, I guess, Supergirl and Brainiac 5).

Astonishing Member

Have to admit I'm amused that that's Imra when her actress actually looks like a humanized version of Shadow Lass even before the "reveal" between her and Mon-El.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Have to admit I'm amused that that's Imra when her actress actually looks like a humanized version of Shadow Lass even before the "reveal" between her and Mon-El.
    Same here (though more disappointed then amused) .

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, I was really looking forward to seeing Kara and Imra get to hang out and become friends and now all their interaction is going to be colored by the fact that she's married to Mon-El. Thanks a lot show .
    same. I think they aren't doing her character justice by giving her an introduction like that.

Retired

On this show nothing is easy. So I could see Mon-El's marriage turning out to be a sham and that he and Imra have to pretend to be in love because some Controller is watching their every move. Or something like that. If more is made out of the Legion in the long term, then I'm sure Garth will appear and be totally in love with Imra. Marriage is not an impediment to romance in these comic book adventures.