Page 182 of 374 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    On this show nothing is easy. So I could see Mon-El's marriage turning out to be a sham and that he and Imra have to pretend to be in love because some Controller is watching their every move. Or something like that. If more is made out of the Legion in the long term, then I'm sure Garth will appear and be totally in love with Imra. Marriage is not an impediment to romance in these comic book adventures.
    I'd be surprised if Mon-El isn't tempted to get back with Kara while he's back (I mean, he still kept the necklace).

Granted, it's been seven years and he's potentially been with Imra longer then he was ever with Kara. He certainly seemed more focused on her then he was Kara.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I forgot about Dreamy, who is my favourite Legionnaire. But I was trying to think of women who could hook up with Alex. Dream Girl has always been straight, as far as I know. And while I'd love to see Nura Nal on TV, she has to be played by a stunning actress. And maybe that would be too much competition for Melissa Benoist.
    Amy Jackson as Imra fills that spot, anyway. She is almost absurdly beautiful, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I forgot about Dreamy, who is my favourite Legionnaire. But I was trying to think of women who could hook up with Alex. Dream Girl has always been straight, as far as I know. And while I'd love to see Nura Nal on TV, she has to be played by a stunning actress. And maybe that would be too much competition for Melissa Benoist.
    I don't think the intention is to have Kara be the most beautiful woman on Earth-38. She is supposed to be more the girl next door. Cute but approachable.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

This Reign plot has suddenly taken a turn for stupid. You mean to tell me there was this freaking spaceship in her shed for years, and Sam never peeked under the cover? And they need to better explain why she never had powers until recently. Getting pregnant doesn't wash. She should have been getting powers her entire life. Lastly, Krypton blew up 36 or so years ago. Sam's apparent age is not lining up. So where was she before crashing on Earth? She took the scenic route?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Reign sounds so unappealing as a character, but whatever. This show has the Legion in it, so that keeps me hooked.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    This Reign plot has suddenly taken a turn for stupid. You mean to tell me there was this freaking spaceship in her shed for years, and Sam never peeked under the cover? And they need to better explain why she never had powers until recently. Getting pregnant doesn't wash. She should have been getting powers her entire life. Lastly, Krypton blew up 36 or so years ago. Sam's apparent age is not lining up. So where was she before crashing on Earth? She took the scenic route?
    How old was she when she left?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    How old was she when she left?
    From the sounds of it, she was an infant.

Retired

It seems to me they were intentionally hitting a lot of the same beats with the Reign origin story as in the Superman origin story--Donner and others. I thought that was kind of clever and appreciated it on that level.

Odette Annable is two years older than Tyler Hoechlin. I'm just sayin'.

I think we can probably assume Reign was in the same kind of stasis Kara and Mon-El was in before they landed on Earth, so that's why she isn't older then she should be.

Retired

I thought she was sent to Earth as an infant like Kal-El, which is why she's the same age (roughly) as him.

Mon-El has aged seven years in the future and he still looks like Chris Wood (one year younger than Tyler Hoechlin).

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I thought she was sent to Earth as an infant like Kal-El, which is why she's the same age (roughly) as him.
    Sam doesn't seem the same age as him. Mind you, I'm sort of assuming Ruby is 13 like her actor. Sam supposedly got pregnant as a teen and left home before coming of age. This would seem to put Sam in her mid/late-20s, not mid/late-30s like Clark.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 11-21-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we can probably assume Reign was in the same kind of stasis Kara and Mon-El was in before they landed on Earth, so that's why she isn't older then she should be.
    Be nice is they said Sam was in some sort of stasis though. Kara was trapped in the Phantom Zone for 24 years and Mon-El was stuck in the Well of Stars. But nothing said so far indicates that Sam didn't land on
    Earth-38 at the same time Kal-El landed on Earth-38. So Reign and Superman should be the same age. If Kara was in the PZ for 24 years and was 13 when she got to Earth and is now about 26, that would mean
    about 36 years have passed since Krypton exploded and Sam should be about 36. But then again if Sam left home before she was 18 because Sam was pregnant and Ruby is now 12, that would make Sam no
    older than 30. So once again the show gets sloppy with the chronology.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As a life long fan of the Legion I would just like to say "Screw you Supergirl creative team". Jesus Christ read a damn comic before you just start making dumb stuff up. I was excited before but now I just could care less.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

So Samantha had Ruby as a teenager (does that mean Ruby does have a dad?) and that somehow slowed her transformation into Reign?
    If they make Ruby human, I am going to be very disappointed.

I was kind of hoping his time in the future would've given Mon-El his full comic powerset but outside some ninja moves he seems as unimpressive as usual. He probably still doesn't have a costume either.

I'm probably one of the few people who actually like Mon-El but even I have to admit he came off really badly in this episode. Like, why couldn't he have told everyone what was going on and that he needed help keeping the Legion alive? Was he guilty? Was he trying not to effect the future? And even if I can accept that in the 7 years he was in the future he would move on from Kara and marry someone new (does that count as cheating?) kissing her in front of your old lover who had just told you how much she had missed and grieved for you was just cruel .

I guess they torpedoed Kara and Mon-El's relationship pretty well, and left Kara open for something with Brainiac 5, though having this be the end to the relationship that Kara's been agonizing over since the premier just felt particularly disappointing. Was it worth it seeing Kara so hurt by Mon-El's absence only to then have her deal with him basically leaving her for another woman?

Why did they have to make Saturn Girl Mon-El's wife? Like, they couldn't have used Shadow Lass? I know Imra's a bigger name but that didn't mean they had to hook her up with Mon-El just like that. The actress even looks more like Shadow Lass anyways, just with normal skin. It just seems kind of disrespectful to Legion history and the iconic romances of the franchise, not to mention doing a disservice to both Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad (who I guess isn't going to be around).

Y'know, I was really looking forward to seeing Kara and Imra get to hang out and become friends and now all their interaction is going to be colored by the fact that she's married to Mon-El. Thanks a lot show .

I was hoping for more of a fangirl moment between Saturn Girl and Supergirl, like whenever the Legion encounters Superman. I guess Supergirl just isn't as big a deal in the future...?
    You're not the only one disappointed.

However, if Lightning Lad and Shadow Lass are a couple, I can live with that.

When I saw that scene, all my hopes of seeing my favorite members of the Legion of Superheroes went down the toilet.

So what kind of "justice" is Reign supposed to deal out? To the point where she would be viewed as a "Worldbreaker?" Is she going to judge humanity and society as corrupt and then try to destroy it all?
    Yeah, I can see it now:

Alex: So, anything happened while we were gone?

Jimmy: Well, it turned out Sam is a biological Krytoninal weapon called a Worldkiller and she's destroying the city.

Awkward moment of silence

Kara: And I thought dealing with Nazis from another dimension was stressful.

However, I did enjoy the '70's Superman homage with the 'drill spin,' and Winn's disappointed.

By the way, I was thinking about "Midvale," how could the Danvers house be large, yet have only one bathroom?

P.S. Does anyone know, who is Kor-El?
    Last edited by Elegant Dreamer; 11-21-2017 at 01:55 PM.

I think the steady diet of adaptations that have played fast and loose has dulled my need to see pitch perfect representations of these characters. It doesn't bother me all that much that they decided to take extreme liberties. Let's not forget that this version of Saturn Girl was touted as not even being a telepath, but a telekinetic. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. For now.

I'd honestly be surprised if they broke up this marriage to have Mon return to Kara. In the grand scheme, Mon wasn't with Kara for more than a year, while he's actually married to Imra. The implication is his relationship with her has more history. IMO, of course he'd run to her and kiss her. It's his wife, who survived a close brush with death. From his POV, Kara is a girl he dated seven years ago. I didn't like Mon once the relationship with Kara started, so here's hoping we don't get a long, drawn out love triangle. But we will see. I saw a hint of acceptance on Kara's face once she saw them together.

I am disinterested in the Reign stuff, but glad her arc is picking up steam. I've been bored with the trials and tribulations between her and her daughter. Her being a copy/paste of the standard Kryptonian origin story was just another yawn-fest to me...however, now that she's "arrived," we can leave the domestic stuff behind.

Honestly, this season is all about the Legion for me. I want them all. Every last one of them. Let's have it, CW.