Page 183 of 374 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 5596
    Retired

Well, last season, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW got me hyped for the Justice Society of America, but that turned out to be hardly anything and not really the JSA that I know. So, this season, SUPERGIRL has got me excited for the Legion of Super-Heroes. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Astonishing Member

Here I just figured Reign was just a little older than she looked. I guess now we can just assume her rocket simply took longer to reach Earth. I mean in the comics that's been Kara's origin for a fair while (2005).

Still all the parallel's and reversals in her origin are pretty heart breaking overall.

Bitter and mean old woman who adopted her
    AI who "teaches" but instead treats her like a tool rather than a loved one
    The hot and cold reversal of where her Fortress is
    Said fortress being dirt and rock instead of sweet refined looking crystals

Even just the overall reversal of finding your path versus becoming a puppet for another

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    I think the steady diet of adaptations that have played fast and loose has dulled my need to see pitch perfect representations of these characters. It doesn't bother me all that much that they decided to take extreme liberties. Let's not forget that this version of Saturn Girl was touted as not even being a telepath, but a telekinetic. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. For now.
    I mean, I'm used to adaptions being pretty liberal with characters at this point, but what always gets me is when it just seems unnecessary.

Like, I don't get why Mon-El's wife has to be Saturn Girl instead of Shadow Lass, especially since the actress looks like she fits Shaddy more then she does Imra and it remains to be seen whether this version of Imra will even be anything like her comic self. I'd honestly be surprised if she's still acknowledged as a Legion founder here.

It's like how they basically made Joey and Grant the exact same character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, last season, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW got me hyped for the Justice Society of America, but that turned out to be hardly anything and not really the JSA that I know. So, this season, SUPERGIRL has got me excited for the Legion of Super-Heroes. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
    Man, I hope they do better by the Legion then they did the JSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Here I just figured Reign was just a little older than she looked. I guess now we can just assume her rocket simply took longer to reach Earth. I mean in the comics that's been Kara's origin for a fair while (2005).

Still all the parallel's and reversals in her origin are pretty heart breaking overall.

Bitter and mean old woman who adopted her
    AI who "teaches" but instead treats her like a tool rather than a loved one
    The hot and cold reversal of where her Fortress is
    Said fortress being dirt and rock instead of sweet refined looking crystals

Even just the overall reversal of finding your path versus becoming a puppet for another
    The saddest part is that she was expecting this to be her Superhero origin when it really ended up being her Supevillain origin...

Please, PLEASE let Kara just move on from Mon-El.

Also, feel very sorry for Samantha :/

And J'onn's dad was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I'm used to adaptions being pretty liberal with characters at this point, but what always gets me is when it just seems unnecessary.

Like, I don't get why Mon-El's wife has to be Saturn Girl instead of Shadow Lass, especially since the actress looks like she fits Shaddy more then she does Imra and it remains to be seen whether this version of Imra will even be anything like her comic self. I'd honestly be surprised if she's still acknowledged as a Legion founder here.
    I just think it's a classic case of wanting to use the character with the bigger name and jury rigging said character to fit the narrative of the show. With the Legion, it's always about the Big Three. I'm expecting Cos and Garth to be announced any day. I think the Legion we'll get this year is the Three, along with Brainiac and Mon. Seems like the show will introduce them sporadically, which I don't mind -- a few episodes with Imra, then a few episodes with Brainiac, etc.

I am kind of hoping all of the CW shows participate in introducing the Legion this year. I'd like a Flash and Legends episode where some of the other members appear. Honestly, Legends just needs to be cancelled and replaced with Legion. They can literally use the same time traveling premise.

I was hoping for a big fangirl moment when Imra met Supergirl, but then figured that maybe it was a timey-wimey thing where she didn't want to influence Kara.

And does Imra not have her powers, either? Whats the point of even having Mon El around if he doesn'[t have his powers? And if you are introducing Legionairres, they need to have their powers or there is no point to it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Well Mon-El turned out to be jerk...

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    I just think it's a classic case of wanting to use the character with the bigger name and jury rigging said character to fit the narrative of the show. With the Legion, it's always about the Big Three. I'm expecting Cos and Garth to be announced any day. I think the Legion we'll get this year is the Three, along with Brainiac and Mon. Seems like the show will introduce them sporadically, which I don't mind -- a few episodes with Imra, then a few episodes with Brainiac, etc.

I am kind of hoping all of the CW shows participate in introducing the Legion this year. I'd like a Flash and Legends episode where some of the other members appear. Honestly, Legends just needs to be cancelled and replaced with Legion. They can literally use the same time traveling premise.
    No. God, no. I don't give two sh##s about the Legion, but I love the Legends.

I mean, I know that some people love the Legion. But there is a reason that every time they launch a Legion comic, it gets canceled fairly quickly- outside of the rabid fans, NO ONE ELSE CARES ABOUT THEM. Heck, I remember before the reboot I was reading Supergirl- up until the point where she got shot into the future and had a run with the Legion. Lightning Lass, Shadow King, Brainiac-1138 don't know them, don't care about them. the writers want to bring these characters in? Fine. I don't hate them. I just don't know them. And maybe that will help with any changes they make to the characters, because I won't know they're changes.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    No. God, no. I don't give two sh##s about the Legion, but I love the Legends.

I mean, I know that some people love the Legion. But there is a reason that every time they launch a Legion comic, it gets canceled fairly quickly- outside of the rabid fans, NO ONE ELSE CARES ABOUT THEM. Heck, I remember before the reboot I was reading Supergirl- up until the point where she got shot into the future and had a run with the Legion. Lightning Lass, Shadow King, Brainiac-1138 don't know them, don't care about them. the writers want to bring these characters in? Fine. I don't hate them. I just don't know them. And maybe that will help with any changes they make to the characters, because I won't know they're changes.
    I'm honestly in the same boat. I know next to nothing about the Legion, other then the bit where they appeared in Justice League Unlimited and Kara stayed in the future without a single "good-bye" to her adopted family.

I guess I see them in a slightly negative light then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they torpedoed Kara and Mon-El's relationship pretty well, and left Kara open for something with Brainiac 5, though having this be the end to the relationship that Kara's been agonizing over since the premier just felt particularly disappointing. Was it worth it seeing Kara so hurt by Mon-El's absence only to then have her deal with him basically leaving her for another woman?
    It kinda feels like payback on Kara for dumping James at the beginning of Season 2.

My problem is that I know that Kara and Brainiac 24/7 have some kind of epic romance in the comics, but if they try it here it would only feel like a rebound. Or her trying to make Mon-El jealous. I just wouldn't buy it.

Retired

I very much like both the LEGENDS OF TOMORROW and the Legion of Super-Heroes. So I don't want to see one replaced with the other. I could see the Legends visiting the 30th/31st century and meeting the Legion. Even including a Legionnaire on their team.

I don't know if the Legion of Super-Heroes could take off as a movie or TV show, as the name probably sounds generic to people. And Marvel already has a Legion. Also the cost of bringing them to the screen probably makes a TV show unlikely--unless they set the story in the present, use less characters and give them reduced powers. But what makes the Legion interesting is the fantastic vision of the future.

That's what any movie shoud develop--the world of the far future and all the Buck Rogers Whiz-Bang adventure it represents.

Legion works better as a TV show. There's way too many of them to make a two hour movie. Besides that, Legion is "soapish." The drama between the team members has always been the draw. If any show deserves a 20+ episode season, it's a Legion show.

RE: Legion vs. Legends. I just can't get into Legends. I enjoyed it the first go around, but with each subsequent season, I'm less invested. I just don't connect with any of the characters. If I didn't have an OCD personality, with hardcore issues with quitting, I probably would've stopped watching by now. ::shrug::

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    My problem is that I know that Kara and Brainiac 24/7 have some kind of epic romance in the comics, but if they try it here it would only feel like a rebound. Or her trying to make Mon-El jealous. I just wouldn't buy it.
    Kara and Brainy is like Sam and Diane. She starts out hating him, because he's a Brainiac. And he--being like Mr. Spock--doesn't want to feel emotions for this humanoid, but he can't help himself. The fact she hates him just excites his interest. And she starts to see that he's nothing like the villainous Brainiac.

If Kara was to use Brainiac-5 to make Mon-El jealous or as a rebound--well, I just don't see it happening.

I want brainiac 5 with dream girl
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Kara and Brainy is like Sam and Diane. She starts out hating him, because he's a Brainiac. And he--being like Mr. Spock--doesn't want to feel emotions for this humanoid, but he can't help himself. The fact she hates him just excites his interest. And she starts to see that he's nothing like the villainous Brainiac.

If Kara was to use Brainiac-5 to make Mon-El jealous or as a rebound--well, I just don't see it happening.
    So that would be EXACTLY like how the Kara/Mon-El relationship started out. Meh.

I REALLY wish I knew what the plan was before they moved to the CW. It seemed like they were going full speed ahead with Kara/James, but then the network shift happened and suddenly everything changed.

Also got to say that the timing of the crossover is really odd for Supergirl. Alex just called off her engagement, and Kara's ex whom she had to send off planet to save his life came back married to someone else. So let's both go over to Earth-1 and go to a wedding!
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 11-21-2017 at 06:09 PM.