Page 185 of 374 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 5596
    Retired

Other than Saturn Girl, they all look like Interlac numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So- are they still in the ship?
    It would seem so. I imagine after the crossover, they'll touch on the other members more.

Mighty Member

Alex should see that therapist that Barry and Iris go to while she's on their Earth. That one night stand she had with Sara is mentally eating her alive.

Retired

So there are 53 Kara Zor-Els . . . I guess, in the Earth-1 universe, Krypton never was destroyed.

Retired

It was kind of odd for a SUPERGIRL show (if that's what it was) to have so many of the other shows featured, especially THE FLASH--with very little attention given to the rest of the SG cast or to Earth-38. They did bring it fully into the crossover--unlike last season--but they've yet to really bring the SUPERGIRL show itself into the crossovers--if you get what I mean. The exception being the very first crossover, where Flash came over to Earth-38 and it was Barry interacting with the cast of SUPERGIRL.

For myself I'm not complaining, but looking at it from the perspective of those who only watch SUPERGIRL (like my sister), it must have been confusing and annoying. The thing I did appreciate--which I'm sure others will complain about--is all the character moments and relationship developments. Whether it's with Kara and Alex--or if it's with all the guest characters--that's something that SUPERGIRL has always done. And, thinking back to the classic JLA/JSA crossovers--which "Crisis on Earth X" is intentionally based on--that's something I as a reader looked forward to--those interactions between heroes, who either had never met before or who rarely met.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Alex should see that therapist that Barry and Iris go to while she's on their Earth. That one night stand she had with Sara is mentally eating her alive.
    I don't know why she's stressing. What happens on Earth-1 stays on Earth-1.

Retired

I wanted Alex to relax and enjoy herself. Sara Lance is such an awesome character and I want the vicarious thrill of seeing her together with Alex--without guilt.

But I get why it messes Alex up, because some human beings are faithful and, even after a break-up, that fidelity lingers. So it really does feel wrong to be with anyone else. But I hope that, on tonight's episodes, Alex has worked through that and she has fun with Sara. They make a great team, both being great fighters in the field. And the hook-up might be temporary, but it's good fan service.

Jay, Sara and Alex had to have sex, cause....off course they had to.
    And not even erased from existence TWICE can stop Thawne.

Anyways, aside from these 2 points, great episode, the fight in the church in particular. That was some movie-worthy action right there!

oh, and poor old Ollie :/
    Last edited by Anarchist; 11-29-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Retired

It's funny that Firestorm can't use his powers in confined spaces on LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, because of the collateral damage, but they're perfectly willing to damage a historical site which will cost millions of dollars to restore.

And Supergirl breaking out her super clap which had to hurt everyone in the surrounding area--good or bad.

I'm going to guess that Oliver got his supply of Kryptonite from J'Onn J'Onzz on Earth-38. If it had come from Earth-1, that would mean that universe's Krypton has blown up and the Kryptonite landed on Earth-1--which would mean Superman and Supergirl are on Earth-1 or else their rocketships were delayed on course. But I prefer to believe that Krypton is still around, for the time being.

In some comic book continuites, the Kryptonite only hurts Kryptonians from the same universe as its origin. But that can't be the case here, as the green K works against Overgirl.

I think the Thawne that was erased from existence in LEGENDS really is gone--he's the Thawne from the point at which Eddie shot himself. The Thawne that Barry kept imprisoned during Flashpoint escaped from Barry once they had killed Nora again. So he's still free and I guess that's the Thawne who went to Earth-X. But he would only have the memories of that Thawne--but, being from the future, he knows about the history of all his past selves.

I understand why the budget didn't allow Matt Letscher to reprise the role. And it gives Cavanagh more to do in the crossover. But this means that Thawne was either able to zombify the body of another Wells (perhaps the one on Earth-X) or he was using some device to change his appearance.

The ending of the ARROW part of the crossover, and the situation with our super-heroes, made me think of ADVENTURE COMICS 359-360, where the Legion of Super-Heroes find themselves in similar circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    And Supergirl breaking out her super clap which had to hurt everyone in the surrounding area--good or bad.
    It kinda made all those later threats from Earth X Kara seem kinda lame, though. You were defeated by applause!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    It kinda made all those later threats from Earth X Kara seem kinda lame, though. You were defeated by applause!
    Supes did a similar thing to Kara in Superman/Batman Apokolips. So, kind of keeping it in continuity.

Incredible Member

Did Earth X Jimmy dying last night make anyone else feel that sums up his treatment since season 2? I went from going “nice bad ass Jimmy is gonna play an awesome role, finally” to “oh he died”

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Did Earth X Jimmy dying last night make anyone else feel that sums up his treatment since season 2? I went from going “nice bad ass Jimmy is gonna play an awesome role, finally” to “oh he died”
    It's also the first time we've even seen Guardian all season .

Retired

I didn't hear if Jimmy's Star Spangled counterpart has an actual super-hero codename on Earth-X, but I liked that he was essentially Captain America (with the original shield)--given Guardian and Cap were both created by Simon & Kirby. Maybe his codename was Mr. America or the Americommando. But probably not the Shield or the Fighting American.

Opening the episode with such a dramatic and symbolic scene, not only served as a cool intro to Earth-X, but gave Jimmy's superhero role some respect. Dying fighting Nazis is an honourable way to go. And maybe, in a way, it does turn the page for Jimmy as Guardian. That might have been his last hurrah.

As a ship name for Alex and Sara, I prefer Dance to Salex, which sounds like an erectile dsyfunction drug awaiting approval from the FDA.

I know he probably was genuine about it, but Mon-El acting worried for Kara like that at the beginning just made me think of him as even more of a jerk .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As a ship name for Alex and Sara, I prefer Dance to Salex, which sounds like an erectile dsyfunction drug awaiting approval from the FDA.
    It reminds me of Kelex .