Page 186 of 374 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's funny that Firestorm can't use his powers in confined spaces on LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, because of the collateral damage, but they're perfectly willing to damage a historical site which will cost millions of dollars to restore.

And Supergirl breaking out her super clap which had to hurt everyone in the surrounding area--good or bad.

I'm going to guess that Oliver got his supply of Kryptonite from J'Onn J'Onzz on Earth-38. If it had come from Earth-1, that would mean that universe's Krypton has blown up and the Kryptonite landed on Earth-1--which would mean Superman and Supergirl are on Earth-1 or else their rocketships were delayed on course. But I prefer to believe that Krypton is still around, for the time being.

In some comic book continuites, the Kryptonite only hurts Kryptonians from the same universe as its origin. But that can't be the case here, as the green K works against Overgirl.

I think the Thawne that was erased from existence in LEGENDS really is gone--he's the Thawne from the point at which Eddie shot himself. The Thawne that Barry kept imprisoned during Flashpoint escaped from Barry once they had killed Nora again. So he's still free and I guess that's the Thawne who went to Earth-X. But he would only have the memories of that Thawne--but, being from the future, he knows about the history of all his past selves.

I understand why the budget didn't allow Matt Letscher to reprise the role. And it gives Cavanagh more to do in the crossover. But this means that Thawne was either able to zombify the body of another Wells (perhaps the one on Earth-X) or he was using some device to change his appearance.

The ending of the ARROW part of the crossover, and the situation with our super-heroes, made me think of ADVENTURE COMICS 359-360, where the Legion of Super-Heroes find themselves in similar circumstances.
    He was always using a device to change his appearance. It's like a techno polijuice potion. Harry used one similar to pose as Iris to keep her from being killed by savitar last season.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Spectacular Member

I understand why the budget didn't allow Matt Letscher to reprise the role. And it gives Cavanagh more to do in the crossover. But this means that Thawne was either able to zombify the body of another Wells (perhaps the one on Earth-X) or he was using some device to change his appearance.
    It was always a device. If I recall, it seemed similar to the ones shapeshifters on Fringe used. The original Well's body was found as a skeleton during Season 1. Thats how they knew they were dealing with an imposter.

Retired

What I mean is originally Eobard needed real Wells to transform into that body--he sucked the DNA out of him and left him as a husk. And once Eobard was in that body, he couldn't just easily switch from one form to another. So if Eobard was back in his real form, then I'd supposed he'd need another Wells to do the same kind of transformation again. It's not a suit he can take off and put on.

But, we saw that H.R. had a device that disguised him so he didn't look like Earth-1 Wells. And if Eobard had something like that, then he could appear however he wanted without needing another human being's body to harvest and copy.

Of it could be yet a third type of technology that Eobard came up with later that doesn't require killing someone in order to replicate their form.

And, thinking back to the classic JLA/JSA crossovers--which "Crisis on Earth X" is intentionally based on--that's something I as a reader looked forward to--those interactions between heroes, who either had never met before or who rarely met.
    The one (very minor) complaint I have is that they didn't give a shoutout in some way to Len Wein, who wrote the Crisis on Earth X story in JLA back in the 1970s and who recently (and tragically) died. It would have been nice.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Jay, Sara and Alex had to have sex, cause....off course they had to.
    And not even erased from existence TWICE can stop Thawne.

Anayways, aside from these 2 points, great episode, the fight in the church in particular. That was some movie-worthy action right there!

oh, and poor old Ollie :/
    Fight in wedding clothes!!!

its like a fight in a club, only more fun and more sunny

I loved Alex prior to the ceremony all hungover

"why is it so bright here?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Did Earth X Jimmy dying last night make anyone else feel that sums up his treatment since season 2? I went from going “nice bad ass Jimmy is gonna play an awesome role, finally” to “oh he died”

Has anyone ever REALLY cared about Jimmy Olsen? (Well, maybe Lucy Lane.)

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

also loved seeing Captain Singh again

I know the actor who plays him had been away on some other projects but nice to see him back

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Has anyone ever REALLY cared about Jimmy Olsen? (Well, maybe Lucy Lane.)

Sandy Hausler
    He used to be Superman's pal. Or did you mean just on the TV show? Well, even there he said Clark was his brother. (in the symbolic sense, of course)

Retired

I wonder what Overgirl meant when she said that her sister tried to kill her. It could just mean that there was an Alex on Earth-X who tried to kill her--but since Kara Zor-El landed in the Fatherland, that doesn't seem likely. I thought it could mean that there was a Reign on her Earth who tried to kill her--who was a sister from Krypton.

The Crisis had consequences for the other three shows (two weddings and a funeral), but was there a consequence for SUPERGIRL? Alex did get to move on with her personal life--whch is a minor development, since she would have done that anyway--but what about Kara? Did this push her to embrace her humanity and stop feeling sorry for herself? What other lessons were learned?

It's too bad that James Olsen died on Earth-X without his legacy being known to Alex so she can share that information with his doppelganger. Maybe she found out about him in between scenes. But Alex did get to see Schott in a very different way.

I wonder what Overgirl meant when she said that her sister tried to kill her. It could just mean that there was an Alex on Earth-X who tried to kill her--but since Kara Zor-El landed in the Fatherland, that doesn't seem likely. I thought it could mean that there was a Reign on her Earth who tried to kill her--who was a sister from Krypton.
    I just assumed it was Earth-X Alex as part of how much the doppelgangers lives and relationship mirrored our heroes, at least up to a point.

Heck, Kara having an adoptive sister might be a universal constant .

The Crisis had consequences for the other three shows (two weddings and a funeral), but was there a consequence for SUPERGIRL? Alex did get to move on with her personal life--whch is a minor development, since she would have done that anyway--but what about Kara? Did this push her to embrace her humanity and stop feeling sorry for herself? What other lessons were learned?
    I hope that's the lesson Kara takes from this. Overgirl is the dark consequence of what would happen if Kara rejected her humanity.

I also think, or hope, that Kara is going to stop feeling sorry for herself about Mon-El.

I'm going to guess that Oliver got his supply of Kryptonite from J'Onn J'Onzz on Earth-38. If it had come from Earth-1, that would mean that universe's Krypton has blown up and the Kryptonite landed on Earth-1--which would mean Superman and Supergirl are on Earth-1 or else their rocketships were delayed on course. But I prefer to believe that Krypton is still around, for the time being.
    I'm fine with this. I mean, I don't WANT Earth 1 versions of Superman and Supergirl to show up. But I do kind of want them to follow-up on this, as well as Thawne saying he fought Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Did Earth X Jimmy dying last night make anyone else feel that sums up his treatment since season 2? I went from going “nice bad ass Jimmy is gonna play an awesome role, finally” to “oh he died”
    I think James is doing better this season now that he's managing CatCo and not going out as Guardian. Maybe that was symbolic of Guardian dying, but not James himself?

Spectacular Member

It would be interesting for the Earth 38ers to see a thriving Krypton and Mars on Earth 1 - versions of themselves that are still on their home planets with their families, happily proceeding with life as usual. Or, what if things are just delayed - and its Kal that is fighting to save Krypton from exploding, and who has to send his young son Kon-El to Earth in a rocket, in the present? with Kara's daughter to protect him? Powergirl and Superboy, perhaps, on Earth 1?

Retired

I think it's best if Earth-38 has most of the aliens and Earth-1 has most of the metahumans.

The next crossover ought to take place mainly on Earth-38. That would allow the SUPERGIRL cast to meet some of the heroes from Earth-1. And maybe even Superman would make a cameo appearance. This could be the face-off that Reverse Flash was talking about. Because I think he meant the Earth-38 Superman and not some Earth-1 counterpart. Which means that Eobard goes to Earth-38 at some point in their future (but his past).

Mighty Member

Wonder why Supergirl didn't use her x-ray vision to take a peek under Reign's mask?