Page 202 of 374 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 5596

I felt like Lena and James' story kind of distracted from the whole Reign business, but seeing J'onn have to stand in for Kara again was funny.

I loved Brainy's personality, I'm hoping at some point they develop something romantic between him and Kara. He's certainly different from Mon-El, but the arrogance, intelligence, and awkwardness could make for a fun mix. The only thing that didn't really work for me was his hair, looks too stiff or something. I wasn't bothered by his coloring. Streaky on the other hand...why even call him that if he's monochrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The show was shameless in setting us up at the end of episode 9, wiith the wonderful possibility that Sam was going to murder Ruby. How great would it have been to return six weeks later and Ruby's corpse is rotting in the kitchen, while Sam merrily eats her breakfast, all smiles. Instead, we find it was all just a gotcha. I'm really depressed that we have to suffer through more Ruby scenes--heartless person that I am.
    Rotting corpse? That is pretty heartless. Samantha as Reign killing Ruby wouldn't fit well with her punishing criminals agenda, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    7. Mon-el tells them about Shakespeare - oh, well.
    Probably a bad idea since he can't even pronounce the names of the characters correctly.

Probably the reason they don't know what happened to Reign is because she went with them when they returned to the 31st century. Likely Sam will turn good and become a super-hero in the 31st century--a female Dev-Em. And let's hope she takes Ruby with her.
    That could happen. The thing about Reign just "going away" has to have some kind of pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    Honestly, I think a lot of the choices they made for the Legion may have been because of Martian Manhunter -- a green telepath. Imra might have been turned into a telekinetic because we already have a telepath. Brainy may be blue because MM is already green. I also remember James Gunn discussing how difficult it was getting Gamora right for Guardians of the Galaxy. Apparently, green makeup is extremely hard to get right -- I think he said they may have even experimented with other colors before sticking with green.
    Eh, Star Trek didn't have much trouble with green in the 60's, nor the Hulk in the 70's. Maybe it was because of Martian Manhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Streaky on the other hand...why even call him that if he's monochrome?
    Maybe he ran fast.

Eh, Star Trek didn't have much trouble with green in the 60's, nor the Hulk in the 70's. Maybe it was because of Martian Manhunter.
    Martian Manhunter on Supergirl is CGI and prosthetics. That's probably why he isn't used very much.

Retired

When I was a little kid I got a pet turtle that I named Speedy just because a kid up the street had a turtle that he named Speedy. Then my Speedy died and I got a new turtle that I named Speedy 2.

In the comics, Streaky had a streak. The cat on the TV show looked all black, but maybe there was a streak. I figured they cast the cat that would behave best on set and relate to Melissa--so the colouring was a secondary consideration.

In the episode, the cat doesn't exist in the present day--he's just in Kara's mind. So something must have happened to Streaky. I guess he's in the 31st century with the rest of the Legion of Super-Pets.

Just being TK against a Kryptonian is pretty lame. Throwing big weights - so what. Now a powerful telepath has some utility.
    You think teleknesis is lame? Wait until Matter Eater Lad shows up.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post

Sandy Hausler
    Thank you for reminding me how HORRIBLE the names are in the Legion!

Actually, a TK vs Kyptonian could be interesting if done right. But forget the weights, she needed to be throwing cars at Reign like Scarlet Witch did to Iron Man in Civil War. Or maybe try to hold her in position so that Mon El could slowly jog up to her and stick her with the kryptonite.

Sandy Hausler
    Gives a whole new meaning to “ chewing the scenery.”😂

Retired

Seeing J'Onn pretend to be Kara was funny. I have to remind myself that was actually Melissa Benoist pretending to be J'Onn pretending to be Kara and not David Harewood playing J'Onn pretending to be Kara.

However, we've had J'Onn in the past pretending to be Kara and doing a better job of it. It's assumed that he's very skilled at doing dead-on impressions of other people. So I wondered about that.

But I guess you could just say J'Onn didn't really want to be there this time so his heart wasn't in it and he did a weak impersonation because he could care less about these folks and their romantic problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Thank you for reminding me how HORRIBLE the names are in the Legion!

Actually, a TK vs Kyptonian could be interesting if done right. But forget the weights, she needed to be throwing cars at Reign like Scarlet Witch did to Iron Man in Civil War. Or maybe try to hold her in position so that Mon El could slowly jog up to her and stick her with the kryptonite.
    Or just keep tossing weights at Reign. When Reign noticed Mon-El coming at her Reign was no longer paying attention to Irma. But Irma just stopped doing anything. A few weights to the noggin would have stunned
    Reign long enough that Mon-El could have been able to inject the kryptonite.

Seeing J'Onn pretend to be Kara was funny. I have to remind myself that was actually Melissa Benoist pretending to be J'Onn pretending to be Kara and not David Harewood playing J'Onn pretending to be Kara.

However, we've had J'Onn in the past pretending to be Kara and doing a better job of it. It's assumed that he's very skilled at doing dead-on impressions of other people. So I wondered about that.

But I guess you could just say J'Onn didn't really want to be there this time so his heart wasn't in it and he did a weak impersonation because he could care less about these folks and their romantic problems.
    And also he was pretending he had the flu so he had to play it tired and sort of out of it. Even the voice was deeper and congested sounding, like someone who actually was sick.

Just being TK against a Kryptonian is pretty lame. Throwing big weights - so what. Now a powerful telepath has some utility.
    I guess we will find out next week when Psi goes up against Reign.

And lets not forget Bouncing Boy. And Arm Fall Off Boy, though he was so lame even the LoSH rejected him.

Retired

Of course, Arm-Fall-Off-Boy didn't actually make an appearance until 1989, in SECRET ORIGINS, in a story set during the classic Legion's early days, as a deliberate joke--recognizing all the humour that was purposely in the Legion stories.

Heck, Matter-Eater Lad came from the planet Bismoll (as in Pepto-Bismol), that should give you a clue right there that the writers were being funny on purpose.

Thinking on it, Mon-El with his limited capabilities feels like the kind of guy who would probably have washed out of Legion try-outs.

Retired

I forget why Mon-El got Legion membership when they already had Superboy and Supergirl on the payroll. Maybe because he was invulnerable to Kryptonite.

Astonishing Member

I always thought the lead weakness was lame also. When Sodam Yakity-Yakity was taken out by lead or Mon-el poisoned by lead, I just recall that we (us - 0ur universe - have lead chelating drugs remove it). I imagine a 1000 years from now, the drugs would be better. Of a GL could purge it from one's system. Dumb weakness.

I hope Matter Eater Lad doesn't eat Streaky.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I forget why Mon-El got Legion membership when they already had Superboy and Supergirl on the payroll. Maybe because he was invulnerable to Kryptonite.
    Because Mon El was around all the time while Superboy and Supergirl were just part timers who would come and go.

Retired

On THE ORVILLE, Bortus and Klyden--and all the people of Moclan--can eat literally anything. They don't even need to go to the bathroom. Probably the main difference between them and MEL is that he's a high-test eater. In a speed competition he would eat Bortus and Klyden under the table. (Did that come out right?) Given everyone else on Bismoll can eat anything, also, I'm guessing that Tenzil Kem (MEL) tried out for LSH membership because he was the best matter-eater on the planet. He later was drafted to be President of Bismoll and Calorie Queen took his place. She had the added advantage that she could internally convert the matter into energy that gave her super-strength. This is probably what the Moclan do, since they also are very strong--their bodies probably convert all matter to energy so they have no biological waste.