Page 210 of 374 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Maybe Edge was meant to be a red herring this season. All the press before the season showed Edge to be the Big Bad, but I don't think Reign was mentioned in mainstream commercials at all. All the stuff on Reign came from news sites that fans would visit. So for a casual view, Edge would be the villain and Reign would be a surprise.
    Doens't mean Edge couldn't be an actual threat to Supergirl. In season one Maxwell Lord had actual schemes to kill Supergirl even thought the Kryptonians were the main villains. In season two both
    Cadmus and the Daximites wanted to render Supergirl useless as Earth's protector. The most Edge could muster was Supergirl couldn't stop him short of killing him.

Retired

Maybe at the end of this season, Edge will buy out Catco and fire Olsen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I feel like if the writers wanted that to happen they would've done it in the premiere, instead of having Lena buy out CatCo before Edge could.

Retired

If Lena doesn't know already that Jimmy is the Guardian and Kara is Supergirl, then when she finally puts it together and sees that they both have been lying to her all this time, that could be the trigger for things to fall apart. Thus creating new directions for characters.

I don't know if Mehcad Brooks wants to do another season--but if he has any other offers, and I was his agent, I'd advise him to go. Even if it's just to jump over to another CW series, like BLACK LIGHTNING. He needs to have better material, but I don't think he's ever going to get it on SUPERGIRL.

I'm not convinced Lena will be permanently pissed at that. And I'm not convinced the show will have her turn against her besties. She's bounced back from various setbacks so far, and for her to see that Kara is Supergirl and Jimmy is Guardian would not be a betrayal so much as "Oh, I know I'm the new kid to the party. Gimme a minute or two to accept this..." She's smart and sensitive enough to understand the reasons why they do the things they do. Unless her mother convinces her otherwise, of course.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I'm not convinced Lena will be permanently pissed at that. And I'm not convinced the show will have her turn against her besties. She's bounced back from various setbacks so far, and for her to see that Kara is Supergirl and Jimmy is Guardian would not be a betrayal so much as "Oh, I know I'm the new kid to the party. Gimme a minute or two to accept this..." She's smart and sensitive enough to understand the reasons why they do the things they do. Unless her mother convinces her otherwise, of course.
    They've constantly teased Lena going evil only for her to prove she's a better person and is on the side of the angels.

I don't think learning about her friends' secret identities would really turn her into a villain unless she was written extremely out-of-character. I know secrets are treated as the most horrible thing you can do on a CW show, but I think Lena is savvy and understanding enough to accept what Kara and Jimmy have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've constantly teased Lena going evil only for her to prove she's a better person and is on the side of the angels.

I don't think learning about her friends' secret identities would really turn her into a villain unless she was written extremely out-of-character. I know secrets are treated as the most horrible thing you can do on a CW show, but I think Lena is savvy and understanding enough to accept what Kara and Jimmy have been doing.
    Yeah I see the potential big reveals to Lena as only temporary drama.

Retired

They used drama between Jimmy and Lucy (with Kara) to write Lucy out of the show. And they used drama between Maggie and Alex (with non-existent baby) to write Maggie out of the show. So if they wanted to write Jimmy out of the show, drama would be a likely reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like if the writers wanted that to happen they would've done it in the premiere, instead of having Lena buy out CatCo before Edge could.
    I think Edge will probably escape from prison and become a Lillian Luthor type character, on the run plotting against Lena and maybe Supergirl in the shadows. I doubt Edge will be in a position of authority anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Kara saved her life as Kara, not Supergirl. Lena would have to be very petty to turn to the darkside because Kara lied to her after she saw Kara saving her life. Lena might be POd for a while, like Kara was with Mon-El,
    but it wouldn't make sense that Lena would hold a permanent grudge. Lucy Lane was upset at being lied to, through the whole series Lucy emphasized how much she hated people that lied to her. But Lucy got over it
    very quickly and worked with Kara to free Alex and J'onn from Cadmus. But then these shows do have characters do stupid things for stupid reasons, so it could be something as lame as this to trigger Lena.

They used drama between Jimmy and Lucy (with Kara) to write Lucy out of the show. And they used drama between Maggie and Alex (with non-existent baby) to write Maggie out of the show.
    So if they wanted to write Jimmy out of the show, drama would be a likely reason.
    Lucy wasn't written out of the show. She was right there in the season 1 finale as the head of the DEO. And prior to that Lucy had been working for Cadmus. Moving to Vancouver and Jenna Dewan Tatum not wanting
    to make the move is why she isn't on the show anymore. Being written out of the show would have meant there was some explanation as to why Lucy is not longer on the show. Like how Maggie didn't want kids.
    Until someone says otherwise, as far as the show is concerned, Lucy still exists and works at the cave DEO facility. She is just never mentioned.
    Maxwell Lord is also gone and there was no drama involved in his leaving. Cat Grant seems to be gone for good now and there was no drama involved in her leaving. I don't think Jimmy is leaving. If he were to be
    gone they would have done that early in season 2 when he was not longer Kara's love interest.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

In reality, that would never, ever happen. In the Arrowverse? Who knows?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

I just like Adrian Pasdar/Morgan Edge as the kind of villain who gets away with his crimes, because he's a white collar villain. He dresses in expensive suits, looks polished, goes to the best parties, is friends with world leaders and corporate multi-billionaires. While at the same time a pawn of a much larger gang of criminals run by extraterrestrials (which doesn't need to be identified as Intergang, if DC won't allow that). If Edge is going to be in the slammer or a fugitive from justice on the run--then why hire a great actor like Pasdar to play that role? It seems a waste of all his charm and good looks.

But the show does seem to get off on demeaning him--putting him in situations where his suits get damaged and his hair gets mussed. As if the producers have a hate on for metrosexual men.

Mighty Member

Wonder what Lena's going to do to Samantha???

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Wonder what Lena's going to do to Samantha???
    I think she'll take her to a monastery in Tibet to train her in martial arts and...

I have to admit, I thought Purity was much more effective in this one episode than Reign has been all season. I'm not familiar with her, but I like the actress playing Purity a lot.

The Mon-El/Imra reveal was intriguing, but I don't think it'll amount to anything more than additional angst for the remainder of the season. Imra will most likely selflessly open the door for Mon-El to rekindle something with Kara, only to have that selfless act in and of itself cause Mon-El to choose Imra. I'm actually thinking this secret mission Imra and Brainy have is specifically related to keeping Mon-El in the past, hence him not being aware.

Bummed that we won't get anymore episodes of Supergirl until April. I am not at all vibing on Legends. It's going to be a long two and change months.

Retired

Ruby is 12? I didn't see that coming.

The way Alex was written in this episode, she doesn't have the emotional maturity to be a good mother. I was getting frustrated with her always getting in Supergirl's way and never giving her a chance. Why hasn't Alex tried going out on a few dates? She had that fling with Sara and then nothing.

I love this season of LEGENDS way more than this season of SUPERGIRL, so I'm very happy it's coming back.