Page 211 of 374 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 5596
    Astonishing Member

I was starting to get pissed that Samantha was trying to blame Lena for Ruby figuring out about her mom's "illness". Ruby's no idiot. And it's hard for her not to notice when something's wrong when you ABANDON HER AT AN ICE RINK (even if it's not Sam's fault here)!

Should I point out that "Imra's" backstory here once again echoes Shadow Lass being important to her world's people and something of a royal? I don't think that's been Imra's case in any continuity. I'm honestly starting to wonder if she really WAS meant to be Tasmia originally but with a weirdly altered powerset.

I wonder if Reign (and Purity) will go after the other Worldkiller before the others can get to her now. I mean, shouldn't the Evil Fortress AI know where she is?

I'm a little lost about this whole back and forth this episode. I thought Imra was ALREADY aware of the obviousness of Mon still having feelings for Kara. Guess she's not a mind reader. Badumtsh.

Brainy's been off screen for a bit. Wonder when his next appearance will be when the show returns.

And just when will we see the rest of the pod Legionnaires? Seems weird to still be keeping a few under wraps.

Interesting how last episode we mostly saw Kara Danvers and almost no Supergirl and this episode we mostly saw Supergirl and not too much Kara Danvers. I wonder why it is in general some
    episodes are Kara Danvers heavy and others have a lot more Supergirl? Is the costume at the dry cleaners so isn't available for some episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Ruby is 12? I didn't see that coming.
    It seemed fairly obvious to me in the season premiere when Sam said the Alex that she was enjoying the milliseconds before Ruby became a teenager. Usually someone is considered a teenager when they
    turn 13. So someone almost 13 would probably be 12.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Should I point out that "Imra's" backstory here once again echoes Shadow Lass being important to her world's people and something of a royal? I don't think that's been Imra's case in any continuity. I'm honestly starting to wonder if she really WAS meant to be Tasmia originally but with a weirdly altered powerset.

I wonder if Reign (and Purity) will go after the other Worldkiller before the others can get to her now. I mean, shouldn't the Evil Fortress AI know where she is?
    I'm guessing the producers figured that Saturn Girl sounded cooler than Shadow Lass but Shadow Lass has a more interesting power set for the purposes of the story so they combined the two.
    Sort of like how Purity and Pestilence sound better than Perrilus, Deimax, and Flower of Heaven for the names of the Worldkillers.

Astonishing Member

Not a bad episode. Some of the usual.

1. At least they used J'onn a touch more but did manage to sideline him with the pillar for a bit.
    2. Poor old Mon-el gets his butt kicked. Are they ever going to bring him up to Kryptonian levels? With the costume?
    3. Teach Kara how to fight. Alex did a bit but she needs serious H2H if she can't break a choke hold. Have Ollie beam over and work with her in the red sun room. Without her powers, Ollie, Laurel, Thea, Diggle, etc. could take her apart.

I hope the grand finale to the Worldkillers is not just a speech to them and they become good girls and all is well. They need a better plot than that.

Retired

Alex needs to revise her good cop/bad cop training. It doesn't work if the bad cop never gives the good cop a chance to do her thing. If it wasn't for Alex, Supergirl might have secured Julia's help right from the start.

Alex and Win aside, SUPERGIRL has mainly characters that I know from the comics. And that could be my problem. It's hard to accept so many wildly different interpretations of familiar names. It might have been better if Mon-El and the Legion of Super-Heroes were called something else. Then it wouldn't be so frustrating.

Extraordinary Member

So Olsen was just gone from the show no explanation. What is this WWE?

Purity was pretty good this episode she had some good dialogue and action scenes. I do agree she comes across better than Reign. She punked Alex pretty good without using her powers.

Retired

I just felt sorry for the actress wearing those contact lenses. I suppose some of it could be done with visual effects, but most of the time she was probably wearing contact lenses. Made my eyes hurt--sympathy pains. They don't do that with Sam.

Retired

A vintage bot from the first season it looks like. You don't see many of those anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So Olsen was just gone from the show no explanation. What is this WWE?

Purity was pretty good this episode she had some good dialogue and action scenes. I do agree she comes across better than Reign. She punked Alex pretty good without using her powers.
    I don't think they had any CatCo scenes so I assume James was doing his job, what he gets paid for, running CatCo, this time around. It sort of sounds CatCo is being pushed more into the background
    with Lena going back to running L-Corp.

Purity's existence and Julie's life shed a new light onto Samantha/Reign and how that may play out. Samantha still isn't conscious of her other life, but maybe something with click with Lena's help. I like what they did with Purity, but a lot of how the heroes handled her was weird. Did Supergirl need Winn to give her intel and then to kick down the door when she has x-ray vision? Why were she and Alex working completely different angles at the same time? How did those ear-plugs make the wearers immune to Purity's sonic blasts? At first I thought they were just nullifying her powers, but then she was able to blast through the ground. Shouldn't that kind of sonic blast have some effect like knocking someone over or at the very least shredding their clothing even if they've got a gizmo in their ears?

Loved J'onn's marriage advise to Mon-El, and it looked like he took it. Mon-El is genuinely in love with Imra, it just didn't happen immediately and for no reason like it did with Kara. I like him admitting that and not trying to lie to his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I'm guessing the producers figured that Saturn Girl sounded cooler than Shadow Lass but Shadow Lass has a more interesting power set for the purposes of the story so they combined the two.
    Sort of like how Purity and Pestilence sound better than Perrilus, Deimax, and Flower of Heaven for the names of the Worldkillers.
    Eh, I don't know. The name "Purity" is going to take some getting used to for me.

BANNED

I liked how Alex and kara initially had opposing views but reconciled at the end. loved Kara's protective nature coming out when purity had a go at Alex. if this was CW or BvsS they would have gone to war over the issue with the team getting divided having to pick a side in their conflict. lol

Mon-El still having unresolved feelings over Kara isn't a surprise, though they did address that despite the arranged marriage issue he and Imra really do love each other as husband and wife and Mon-El doesn't want to betray Imra. Not to mention it looks like Kara is slowly moving on from Mon-El, so who knows how these relationships are going to develop moving forward.

With all this focus on Alex getting over Maggie, I wonder if we are going to see one of the LGBT Legionnaires pop out from their pod to give Alex a new love interest.

Kara and Maggie are the only numbers in Alex's speed-dial? Not her mom or J'onn?

So Imra and Brainy have been a hiding a secret part of their mission from Mon-El, who is ostensibly their leader. Some team you're running there Mon-El...

Did Lena figure out Samantha is secretly Reign or does she just assume it's a typical case of split-personality? I'm curious how much longer they'll string out the reveal of Reign's identity to our heroes.

It seems like Supergirl's plan is to exploit the only real weakness the Worldkillers have, by appealing to their human personalities.
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    You're not the only one who thought that.
    It seems like the only reason they were able to locate Purity is because her crystal activated, so I'm guessing Pestilence's still hasn't activated yet otherwise they would've found her by now.
    I'm a little lost about this whole back and forth this episode. I thought Imra was ALREADY aware of the obviousness of Mon still having feelings for Kara. Guess she's not a mind reader. Badumtsh.
    I just found it kind of funny that J'onn talked about his telepathic wife which makes it all the more jarring that Imra isn't a telepath in this continuity .
    And just when will we see the rest of the pod Legionnaires? Seems weird to still be keeping a few under wraps.
    I'm guessing they won't come out until the DEO needs more help to stop the Worldkillers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    2. Poor old Mon-el gets his butt kicked. Are they ever going to bring him up to Kryptonian levels? With the costume?
    Well, he got to stop Lillian last episode.
    3. Teach Kara how to fight. Alex did a bit but she needs serious H2H if she can't break a choke hold. Have Ollie beam over and work with her in the red sun room. Without her powers, Ollie, Laurel, Thea, Diggle, etc. could take her apart.
    I think Kara has some hand-to-hand proficiency, it's just inconsistently applied.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    How did those ear-plugs make the wearers immune to Purity's sonic blasts? At first I thought they were just nullifying her powers, but then she was able to blast through the ground. Shouldn't that kind of sonic blast have some effect like knocking someone over or at the very least shredding their clothing even if they've got a gizmo in their ears?
    I had the same question.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I don't think they had any CatCo scenes so I assume James was doing his job, what he gets paid for, running CatCo, this time around. It sort of sounds CatCo is being pushed more into the background
    with Lena going back to running L-Corp.
    It was still weird no one even mentioned him.

Angela Zhou (Hell on Wheels) has been cast as Dr. Grace Parker.

Presumably she's playing the third Worldkiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Angela Zhou (Hell on Wheels) has been cast as Dr. Grace Parker.

Presumably she's playing the third Worldkiller.
    Technically they are all Kryptonians, but it's interesting that Reign is a Latina worldkiller, Purity is an African-American worldkiller, and now Pestilence looks to be an Asian worldkiller going up against a Caucasian Supergirl.