Page 219 of 374 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 5596
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, I have crushes on most of the ladies in this universe, and Amy Jackson is slowly but surely climbing up the list
    Yeah, the Arrowverse is well stocked in eye candy, but Amy is on the short list, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    As far as the show is concerned, I think the Lena/Reign storyline is currently the best. I dig Lena's character right now -- she's showing true compassion for her friend and even heroism.
    Why do I think Kara is not going to see it that way. She'll be all "why didn't you tell me about this?'' I'm waiting for someone to tell her, "I don't work for you. I don't answer to you. Stand down!"

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member

As far as ideological standoffs go this was a better one that other episodes have been. I still think Master Jailer wasn't fully wrong in Season 1, especially on what little standing Kara had to challenge him.

As it is this episode throws something of a wrench in the works given Pestilence's host also agrees with her actions as opposed to Purity and Reign. So presumably talking the 3 Kryptonian sides down won't be the answer, at least not for all.

It does kind of amuse me that this season is going full on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with the personas when they got rid of that for Indigo/Brainiac 8 here all the way back in Season 1 when she actually had that in the comics.

Brainy's image inducer...just an easy way to save the budget or slyly building up to something? A way to introduce humanoid versions of the Legionnaires (as boring as that sounds) perhaps?

So, a bunch of pics dropped today of Supergirl filming in Vancouver. And in those pictures, Erica Durance is seen in a red costume with the 'S' shield alongside Supergirl, Alex, Guardian, Mon-El and Imra.

I tried to do spoiler tags, but I can never remember how to do it on this damn site.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 05-02-2018 at 06:22 PM.

So, a bunch of pics dropped today of Supergirl filming in Vancouver. And in those pictures, Erica Durance is seen in a red costume with the 'S' shield alongside Supergirl, Alex, Guardian, Mon-El and Imra.

I tried to do spoiler tags, but I can never remember how to do it on this damn site.
    I guess I'm not surprised to see Allura factor into things given it was hinted she might be connected to the Worldkillers.

Is it weird I kind of ship Winn with Pestilence? Brainy wearing an image inducer? Booooooooooooooooooo!

I feel like Lena and Sam have been locked away so long, it's great to finally see the DEO gang stumble upon their story. I know there's a lot of opinions on how to handle this, from Lena to Kara to Imra, but I'm hoping for Supergirl to find a way to save the Worldkillers. Or at least Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Another yakity-yak fest on why we are too noble and/or stupid to kill a genocidal threat. Followed by a stupid fight scene, where the good guys stand around and are helpless. Trying to bop a Kryptonian level foe with the lamp post or recycling bin give me a break. Now, we have cape fight techniques - give me a break.
    I kind of agree with this, especially considering it was so easy to Imra to contain Pestilence in a force-field. Why waste time dropping furniture on her?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I was totally with Imra on that one.
    **** self-righteous morals!

Yeah, one should not go around killing random mooks as a hero. But genocidal monsters, who became evil WILLINGLY? It would be irresponsible NOT to.
    They're not becoming evil willingly. The Worldkillers are forcing their hosts to become evil.

I just don't understand where Kara's line is drawn. Red Tornado? Kill him. Parasite? Kill him. Many Martians? Kill them. But oh no, we can't kill a Worldkiller.

A note about Lena- Was it hubris? Did she genuinely believe that only she could cure Sam? Why not call in the DEO to help her? It felt like a Lex Luthor move- I'm going to prove that I'm the smartest person in the room and I'm going to figure this out, no matter who dies in the process.
    Perhaps, but her stated reason was that she feared the DEO would not treat her well, dissecting and whatnot. There's really no reason to not take Lena at her word.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 05-03-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I just don't understand where Kara's line is drawn. Red Tornado? Kill him. Parasite? Kill him. Many Martians? Kill them. But oh no, we can't kill a Worldkiller.
    I don't think it's so much that she has a line it's just that the writers are extremely inconsistent about her no-kill rule or just couldn't come up with ways for her to stop those characters without killing them (even if she's professed that she doesn't kill).

I think the White Martians were probably the most egregious.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it's so much that she has a line it's just that the writers are extremely inconsistent about her no-kill rule or just couldn't come up with ways for her to stop those characters without killing them (even if she's professed that she doesn't kill).

I think the White Martians were probably the most egregious.
    They weren't humanoid so I guess it was okay to off them.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    They weren't humanoid so I guess it was okay to off them.
    You'd think Supergirl, of all people, would be more mindful of that kind of stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You'd think Supergirl, of all people, would be more mindful of that kind of stuff .
    Supergirl is humanoid though. *cue the creepy music*

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    They're not becoming evil willingly. The Worldkillers are forcing their hosts to become evil.
    Except for Pestilence, who seems to revel in being evil.

Incredible Member

"I don't kill", "You can't choose when your ideals matter, you defend them or you don't"

Wow Kara, I love you but you are even more hypocritical than Barry. You made two holes in the head of your uncle; you were responsible for the death of your ex-boyfriend's mother, killed Parasite, and White Martians, and you never showed regret. And your team have killed some many people/aliens.

At least said that killing is your last option, and you try hard to find another solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

Speaking of hot woman, does anyone else think Reign, Purity, and Pestilence all look hotter than Sam, Julia, and Grace? At least they wear nicer makeup.
    Samantha is always hot, but Pestilence is definitely hotter than Grace.

Astonishing Member

I do think the 3 as their evil forms look a lot "hotter" than their "human" selves, if only because they're carrying themselves with much more pride (albeit evilly).

Y'know...it only now occurred to me that the 3 may be a superficial evil equivalent to the "Supergirls".

IE

Cir-El The Black costumed Supergirl/ Reign
    Natasha Irons aka Steel/ Purity
    Traci 13/ Pestilence

To be honest I kept jokingly hoping Reign's look would take after Cir-El or E-3's Superwoman a bit. Huh.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I do think the 3 as their evil forms look a lot "hotter" than their "human" selves, if only because they're carrying themselves with much more pride (albeit evilly).

Y'know...it only now occurred to me that the 3 may be a superficial evil equivalent to the "Supergirls".

IE

Cir-El The Black costumed Supergirl/ Reign
    Natasha Irons aka Steel/ Purity
    Traci 13/ Pestilence

To be honest I kept jokingly hoping Reign's look would take after Cir-El or E-3's Superwoman a bit. Huh.
    Hmm, nice Supergirls reference. Didn't think anyone else here would remember. Speaking of, I really do hope Natasha Irons shows up in a future season of Supergirl.
    The spider is always on the hunt.