Page 22 of 374 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I would think General Lane would be please that Lucy is dating Jimmy. That would make it a bit easier to keep tabs on Superman and Supergirl.

Like the tornado effects.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    The footage taken of the reckless driver wasn't of his driving, just Supergirl manhandling him. And as General Lane proved, a lot of people are uncomfortable with super powered aliens.
    The footage wasn't the whole story. Presumably the reporters would have actually interviewed the school kids who took the footage, and it seems unlikely that they wouldn't have mentioned that Supergirl saved their lives from that jackass. And however uncomfortable people are with aliens, it's not as as uncomfortable as they would be with people who nearly kill a dozen grade schoolers.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The footage wasn't the whole story. Presumably the reporters would have actually interviewed the school kids who took the footage, and it seems unlikely that they wouldn't have mentioned that Supergirl saved their lives from that jackass. And however uncomfortable people are with aliens, it's not as as uncomfortable as they would be with people who nearly kill a dozen grade schoolers.
    Since when does the media or public worry about the full story

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Since when does the media or public worry about the full story
    They don't. But, regardless of the appetite for sensationalism, neither the media or the public would likely give a pass to a guy who almost killed a bunch of kids either.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    5. Gen. Lane is a racist, slime bag - not said but clearly there.
    Most fathers don't think their daughters' boyfriends are "good enough" regardless of race.

Astonishing Member

That might be true, but given what we know about implicit prejudice, I doubt he is without it. James' comments about being black in the show, suggests that he knows such factors are operative.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    That might be true, but given what we know about implicit prejudice, I doubt he is without it. James' comments about being black in the show, suggests that he knows such factors are operative.
    Every Black person in America knows that racism is an "operative factor." But the fact that a father doesn't like his daughter's boyfriend and that boyfriend happens to be Black is, in no way, prima facie evidence of racism, and nothing else Lane has done in any way implies that he's a racist. It is possible for a white person not to like a Black person and not be a racist.

BANNED

Ok, after the reveal of the last episode about Alex's dad I am even more convinced than ever that Henshaw is really J'onn J'onz in disguise. That would have been a perfect time for J'onn to take Henshaw's place.

Come on... you know it's true. Just using Henshaw for the characters name is a bit of a red herring, and it doesn't preclude the real Henshaw returning at some point as the Cyborg Superman.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAAAAA!!!
    I WAS RIGHT!!!
    Hank is JJ and he looked AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    HAHAAAAA!!!
    I WAS RIGHT!!!
    Hank is JJ and he looked AWESOME!
    He did look awesome for sure

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    HANK HENSHAW IS NOT MARTIAN MANHUNTER. talking about this is as stupid as suggesting John Diggle was going to become the John Stewart version of Green Lantern because he had the first name John. If Henshaw becomes Martian Manhunter I'll take a video of me eating a dollar and post it on youtube
    Let us know when you post this video. lol

Mighty Member

I wonder if Maxwell Lord is responsible for causing that earthquake with a device or something like that?

BANNED

mother@#$*&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    mother@#$*&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was cursing like a sailor in my apartment. Im surprised my neighbors didn't come knocking.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Solid episode, the Martian Manhunter reveal was nice, not that suprising, but nice to finally see it, can't wait for next weeks ep!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!