Page 221 of 374 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I've not seen the episode, but it doesn't seem unreasonable that kryptonite would be a federally regulated substance, like plutonium. In which case it would matter a great deal that she has this stuff (even synthesized) and not work for the government.
    They don't say that it's federally regulated. The presumption is that having kryptonite is a betrayal of Supergirl. If it were illegal, they certainly would have said it. Especially J'onn (who does work for the government).

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Surprised Pestilence's human half was killed given she was a willing helper.
    I took that as her human self willingly let herself die so Pestilence could have full control.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So we have yet another "Kara does a complete 180 on her usual personality out of nowhere for the sake of manufactured DRAAAMMAAA." Ugh, and it's extra-lame since you could have done this type of story WITHOUT writing her OOC.

Oh well, at least Lena got to reasonably defend herself here.

Also the idea that Lena STILL doesn't realize that Kara is SG is ludicrous at this point, it makes her look like a total imbecile for no good reason.
    Maybe she does know, but is playing coy now.

If Sam has to die too in the end, I'm gonna be really sad :/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

Mon-El is...really not helping his case here. Make a decision. Stop whining. You have two women who absolutely love you but you're actually married to one. Unless you want to divorce her knock it off. But to do that you'll have to accept you never actually loved Imra if seeing your ex makes you want to run to her. You can have conflicted feelings about interacting with her sure but screw off with this whole contemplation.
    You read my mind. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Incredible Member

So here comes Mary Alex Sue 2.0.....

I wanted to so more of Pestilence, she was pretty, and I don't care if Brainiac 5 looks awful, I would prefer to see his true alien form than just a regular guy.

And honestly, I think is normal to have doubts about Lena -who really looks more beautiful without so much makeup-, even if she has shown that she is not like Lex or her mother, she was raised as a Luthor, and there have been a few times where she acts as a Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    And honestly, I think is normal to have doubts about Lena -who really looks more beautiful without so much makeup-, even if she has shown that she is not like Lex or her mother, she was raised as a Luthor, and there have been a few times where she acts as a Luthor.
    Oh, no mistake, she has an ego. But having an ego is not the same thing as being evil.

Sandy Hausler

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Oh, no mistake, she has an ego. But having an ego is not the same thing as being evil.

Sandy Hausler
    Agreed. If she becomes evil, I'm just not going to buy it at this point.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

She a woman who's involved in all kinds of charitable/humanitarian endeavors, who builds hospitals for kids, has risked her own life to help out repeatedly before, and who was even willing to go through with Rhea's sham marriage last season just to save a bunch of kid's lives.

There's literally NOTHING given so far that points to her being evil. Willing to go further than the other hero's, sure, but that's not the same thing. And if they STILL cannot trust her even now, then some friends they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I wanted to so more of Pestilence, she was pretty, and I don't care if Brainiac 5 looks awful, I would prefer to see his true alien form than just a regular guy.
    When Brainy was still using the image inducer on his own ship, I knew they were just trying to placate everyone who said the makeup was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She a woman who's involved in all kinds of charitable/humanitarian endeavors, who builds hospitals for kids, has risked her own life to help out repeatedly before, and who was even willing to go through with Rhea's sham marriage last season just to save a bunch of kid's lives.

There's literally NOTHING given so far that points to her being evil. Willing to go further than the other hero's, sure, but that's not the same thing. And if they STILL cannot trust her even now, then some friends they are.
    Okay, I'm going to play the devil's advocate here.

In the comics at least, for decades Lex Luthor was known as an altruistic philanthropist who was involved in all kinds of charitable endeavors, built hospitals for kids, and occasionally risked his life to save the planet. It was only us readers (and Superman) who knew that he was secretly evil.

That being said, I don't think Lena is like that and yes, it's annoying as hell that because she used Kryptonite to keep reign sedated, the superfriends are all having doubts about her. Guess what? If the DEO had any Kryptonite left, they would have done the same damn thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

In the comics at least, for decades Lex Luthor was known as an altruistic philanthropist who was involved in all kinds of charitable endeavors, built hospitals for kids, and occasionally risked his life to save the planet. It was only us readers (and Superman) who knew that he was secretly evil.

That being said, I don't think Lena is like that and yes, it's annoying as hell that because she used Kryptonite to keep reign sedated, the superfriends are all having doubts about her. Guess what? If the DEO had any Kryptonite left, they would have done the same damn thing!
    The DEO is a regulated government agency. Lena is a private citizen, so there's an important distinction.

My personal main problem with the story is the introduction of the plot line that kryptonite can be manufactured at all. It's a really lazy way to introduce a menace to Supergirl at any moment. "Eureka! I made kryptonite!" (go robs a bank with a kryptonite amulet around his neck).

The DEO is a regulated government agency. Lena is a private citizen, so there's an important distinction.

My personal main problem with the story is the introduction of the plot line that kryptonite can be manufactured at all. It's a really lazy way to introduce a menace to Supergirl at any moment. "Eureka! I made kryptonite!" (go robs a bank with a kryptonite amulet around his neck).
    I'd also like them to mention at some point that someone already tried to manufacture kryptonite once, and it ended badly.

Frankly,I just want them to recast Maxwell Lord. Hell, the actor they got for Morgan Edge would have been perfect for the role, especially since Edge turned out to be such a nothing role. I had to really think hard to even remember his name.

Synthesized kryptonite has been around in the comics for decades though it probably hasn't been used much lately.

Of course, you are right that synthesizing the rock of a destroyed world should be impossible. (Indeed, the whole idea that such a thing as kryptonite would be deadly solely to people who come from Krypton is kind of nutty.) But there is comic book precedent.

Sandy Hausler

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Also when the people who are affected by Kryptonite can rip buildings apart like tissue paper, and there have been MULTIPLE evil ones running around in the recent past, AND this is the only stuff known to hurt them consistently, having some of it around "just in case" is not at all inappropriate.

Also Superman got angry when the DEO had Kryptonite and was only pacified when they gave it up. So it's not even a "well Lena's a private citizen," ignoring the fact that there's been nothing stated in-show about Kryptonite being a banned substance that only the government can possess, it's having Kryptonite AT ALL that seems to upset the Super-family.

Heck in the comics Superman even gave Batman a piece of kryptonite just in case because he trusted the latter.