Page 224 of 374 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 5596

I was firmly on Lena's side during the argument.

Also, Mon-El, seriously? You're gonna make me hate you again?

How was Helen Slater doing in this show? Her supergirl was the most beautiful live action superheroine I've seen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I was firmly on Lena's side during the argument.
    YES! GO LENA!

I've been waiting weeks for somebody to point this out. "Do you know what it it's like to walk into a room and feel like your skin is on fire?" Lena might not, but there are plenty of firefighters who do and they still got in there and did the job anyway!

It was great to see Kara finally put in her place in the elevator scene and realise she did indeed screw up. I'm guessing she will try to Repair the damage by revealing her secret identity to Lena before the season ends.
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-15-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

This was one of the better episodes this season but between the last scene and that I watched a couple of first season episodes again recently, I realized just how much this show hasn't felt right since they ditched CatCo and the whole Kara Danvers part of Supergirl's life. This season overall is probably better than season one - and definitely better than season two - but its lack of focus on Kara, especially in her civilian guise, has created a hole in the show that has been nagging at me for ages.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    I hope she just appears in one ep and then never come back
    She is definitely not the powergirl we want
    Or we can be happy about a comic character making her seeming jump to TV. Even if it's not the one you'd want. Eeesh.

This latest episode has just reinforced one big thing you can tell sometimes very easily with the show at times. It's written by guys. Not sure how else I can explain Mon-El's existence and use in the show.

Because an entire storyline of his love of Imra and Kara, or is just his love of Kara and his wife Imra...Well how else do we describe it except as a story where Mon loves his wife and she actually convinces him to leave herself if he feels it's right? There's understanding and...whatever that is. XD

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Ruby has half the genes of her mom - long term threat if she gets annoyed with the goody two shoes blather from Alex.
    I do think it's interesting to think about. Lena's examinations of Sam and Reign had Lena say Sam and Reign's genetics were completely different once they switch. So presumably if Sam had a child (IE Ruby) she'd be completely human.

This episode twists it a bit now though as it sounds like her Reign persona would activate at different times subtly or not as she grew up instead of just at the start of the season like we though until now.

If so there's not really any reason Ruby wouldn't have something similar in her genetics. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they just stick to Sam gave birth to Ruby and thus Ruby is completely human.

I am surprised no one's really brought it up as a question though. In universe she's the first known possible Human/Kryptonian hybrid.

Truthfully and this is from only what I have heard i'm a week behind (UK) however I think this is a CW habit, where the lead of the show has to be shown to be wrong. Here is the thing Lena was wrong, she created something that she knew would cause supergirl pain. Don't get me wrong i'm sure she did it with the best of intentions however everyone is jumping on Kara saying she wants the formula and supply at the DEO and saying she has no right however it has been shown that Kryptonite can cripple Kara. Lena is as to blame as Kara, creating something that can hurt her is a betrayal plus we also have to considered that Clark at the start of season 2 wasn't happy about the DEO having Kryptonite because it could kill him or Kara. Granted Kara let her fear overrule her and did some iffy things but the very fact that Kara was blindside by this and lashes out and everyone is saying Lena is right, no she isn't the only thing is she isn't really wrong either. They have been Kryptonians threaten National City and she was right to have a way to fight I just think she went about it the wrong way and part of me thinks that this is because of the Blacklash that supercorp got them at NY Comic Con. I could be wrong but the whole Kara/Lena friendship has all but disappeared since the Jimmy/Lena relationship started (which doesn't make sense to me because he doesn't like Luthors however Alex is Gay, Kara rejected him and all other females we really don't give a crap about so Lena is the only one he is allowed to date.)
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

No sorry but Kara's completely in the wrong. Someone having Kryptonite whether it was theirs or not sends her into a mad frenzy. Even if they're someone who's otherwise a trusted friend. It'd e one thing if she hated it and wanted Lena to get rid of it asap but even then Lena has no reason to chuck it just because Kara feels threatened by it.

There's scientifically any number of ways to use the Kryptonite in that universe effectively. Power sources, radiation treatment, who knows.

Kara doesn't have some kind of right to controlling Kryptonite even if she'd rather be rid of it forever. The DEO, maybe, and the show tried acting like it was in the wrong too. I felt no different when J'Onn had a stash and Clark got angry.

But you are a week behind. Watch this week's episode. At this point Lena legitimately has every reason to not want to speak or work with Supergirl ever again. And to be honest I'd agree with her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    No sorry but Kara's completely in the wrong. Someone having Kryptonite whether it was theirs or not sends her into a mad frenzy. Even if they're someone who's otherwise a trusted friend.
    If they were really trusted friends, Lena would have told Supergirl she was making the stuff and why.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    If they were really trusted friends, Lena would have told Supergirl she was making the stuff and why.
    Lena is among other things, a scientist working on who knows how many classified projects at any given time and Supergirl has no right to know it unless Lena decides to. And yeah I'd absolutely have kept it from Supergirl at that point. Especially if it's also kept in case they become a danger as Kara herself has been in the past.

BANNED

Lena is among other things, a scientist working on who knows how many classified projects at any given time
    Classified by whom?

Astonishing Member

Classified by whom?
    ? Either herself because revealing stuff openly to people could get it stolen, or because she could be working with other organizations and that's pretty basic of an agreement. That's standard protocol. You don't go talking about what you're working on to folks even if they're public figures.

To be honest the way Kara acts like folks can't keep secrets from her like she's doing with Lena is ridiculous.

BANNED

? Either herself because revealing stuff openly to people could get it stolen, or because she could be working with other organizations and that's pretty basic of an agreement. That's standard protocol. You don't go talking about what you're working on to folks even if they're public figures.

To be honest the way Kara acts like folks can't keep secrets from her like she's doing with Lena is ridiculous.
    That's not working on classified stuff. That's working on stuff someone arbitrarily decided to keep secret, usually to make money. Businesses and general citizens don't get to make stuff classified. Governments do that.

A trusted friend doesn't make a weapon specifically targeted to you, whether they intend to use it against you or not, without telling you about it. Lena made a very bad judgment here, and it's right for everyone to begin to question her motives.

That's not working on classified stuff. That's working on stuff someone arbitrarily decided to keep secret, usually to make money. Businesses and general citizens don't get to make stuff classified. Governments do that.

A trusted friend doesn't make a weapon specifically targeted to you, whether they intend to use it against you or not, without telling you about it. Lena made a very bad judgment here, and it's right for everyone to begin to question her motives.
    Well, were Supergirl and Lena friends? Lena and Kara are friends, Supergirl has just saved Lena several times and has worked with her in the past. From Lena's point of view, Supergirl was a colleague that she admired, not necessarily a friend.

Honestly, I'm on Lena's side here. We've seen what happens when Kryptonians go out of control- either by being evil (Non) or due to various other forms of Kryptonite (Kara and the Red K, Clark and the Silver K). It was ridiculous that J'onn turned over all of the DEO's kryptonite to Clark last year- a fact which was proven this year when they needed it to stop Reign, and they just didn't have enough until Lena provided some.

The only questionable decision that Lena has made was not going to the DEO to tell them about Sam and working with them to save her. But at the same time I can understand why she didn't want to- Reign had nearly killed Supergirl and had killed dozens of people. Still, she should have trusted Alex and Supergirl to try and help her first.

Astonishing Member

Errr no. Both types of things are classified just different kinds. Maybe you just want to call it sensitive information and the like but businesses rarely if ever reveal things to the public unless the government says they have to. And from the sounds of it there's no legislation or anything regarding Kryptonite out there. Hell, her own company can oust her or sue her depending on how the work's being conducted if it's a part of her business and not a personal venture (TV shows tend to ignore if not confuse these very often).

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, were Supergirl and Lena friends? Lena and Kara are friends, Supergirl has just saved Lena several times and has worked with her in the past. From Lena's point of view, Supergirl was a colleague that she admired, not necessarily a friend.

Honestly, I'm on Lena's side here. We've seen what happens when Kryptonians go out of control- either by being evil (Non) or due to various other forms of Kryptonite (Kara and the Red K, Clark and the Silver K). It was ridiculous that J'onn turned over all of the DEO's kryptonite to Clark last year- a fact which was proven this year when they needed it to stop Reign, and they just didn't have enough until Lena provided some.

The only questionable decision that Lena has made was not going to the DEO to tell them about Sam and working with them to save her. But at the same time I can understand why she didn't want to- Reign had nearly killed Supergirl and had killed dozens of people. Still, she should have trusted Alex and Supergirl to try and help her first.
    Yeah saying friend might've been pushing it on my end. Lena's definitely friends with Kara but not quite there with Supergirl though she largely trusts her now.

Thing is we all know why Lena didn't want to. She knew how Supergirl would act and she was completely right.

As for the whole Reign bit that wouldn't go down well regardless and Lena had no real good option. Especially since the only other people/groups who could help her were the very same people who had every reason to potentially punish Sam for Reign's actions so far (Supergirl and the DEO).