Page 228 of 374 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I disagree. Everything James did is on ARGUS, with their illegal and utterly inhumane imprisonment.
    Oh, and on Diaz off course.

We saw what James was like beforehand, he was a genuinely idealistic hacktivist, not an unhinged murderer.
    You're right. ARGUS and Diaz, who had his kid killed to manipulate him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    So basically everyone doesn’t trust each other. The problem is that Kara is already paying a heavy price the price that those people who commit crimes never pay. Because all the heroes wither it be Green Arrow, Flash or Supergirl are no longer human, because the people need them to be more. They sacrifice relationships, families and even their health for me having a friend that you trust you to say, I’m doing this for this reason isn’t that big of a price.

That contingency could be Captain Atom, Superman or Supergirl, they don’t need green K.

Sorry but you must be watching a different show, she commits mass murder, no arrest, no charges not even probation, she hacks govement agencies once again no charges, breaks a criminal out of government holding no charges, Felicity might be getting flack from the fans but none in universe.

Well I could be wrong but a lead arror wouldn’t be good in a fight and the second quite simple convert it to gas. Any contingence that she comes up with would require the bad guys to come up with other ways however the effect stays the same green k = Kara injured or dead.

Is she, the lie that she told directly to Kara’s face is a betrayal of trust, here’s the thing has Lena ever come out and asked Kara if she is supergirl, once in episode 18. I’m sure there are things that Lena has kept which is fine because they don’t involve a substance that can kill her which rightly by the way scares the crap out of her.

Something tells me we are never agreeing about this.

Great so trust is a concept that is extinct nice to know guys.

If Oliver hasn’t grown in six years neither has felicity.

Lets see off the top of my head
    • Drugging oliver and attempting to sneak him out of nanda parbat even though it would cost everyone their lives.
    • Wanting ray to save oliver even if it cost people their lives
    • Blowing up havenrock
    • Picking the wrong time to tell Ragman about the blowing up of Havenrock
    • Hacking for Helix
    • Breaking Cayden James out of Argus
    So yeah she has screwed up but what has happened because of it – nothing.

Pretty sure that’s only when its in rock form, what about a bullet or gas or a knife get my point.

Was that not season 2 with metallo and they worked but were easily broken.

You are getting confused, one Lena told her it was lex’s that’s when she asked Jimmy to break in (which he didn’t do) and at he end both agreed to a clean slate only to find out he next day that it wasn’t lex’s that Lena had researched how to make green k so basically her friend research how to kill her and her people, its like a person with a African_america friend research a gene bomb to kill all African_americas because one might be a bad egg.

Guess we are never going to agree on this, as already been stated this isn’t new, heck Lena knew she would take it as a personal insult to me its because it is a personal insult but hey whatever.

African Americans don't have powers that give them the ability to wipe out the whole human race
    Kryptonians do
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    African Americans don't have powers that give them the ability to wipe out the whole human race
    Kryptonians do
    Essentially, yes.

Look, Krytonians are just INSANELY powerful. Really the only reason Jimmy is alive after that his from Reign last ep is because she wasn't really trying. And if Lena had not had Green K with her at the time, either she or Ruby or both would have been dead.

And strength and invulnerability are just the tip of the ice-fortress with these guys. They can see and hear what you are doing while flying a mile over your head. Even if you're inside. Privacy? What's that?

It's actually incredibly lucky that all the Kryptonian renegades end up in the USA. All it would take is for ONE of them to work out they could fly to any small dictatorship on earth and sell the services as a super-mercenary [assuming they didn't want to take it over and rule it themselves]. They could destroy an entire small nation in hours and Supergirl would only hear about it after the body count was in the tens of thousands.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

So add "Kryptonians' powers going haywire with control of heat vision being the first to go" to the list of why someone trustworthy NOT Kryptonian should have access to k. Its a family show but sheesh I expected her to accidentally slice Mon-El in half there.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Lena lied to Kara about having Kryptonite. Kara lies all the time to Lena about her secret identity. Both of them have good reasons.
    That’s your opinion, but here is the thing Lena can’t be physical hurt by Kara’s lies but in this instance Kara can be hurt by Lena’s.

That is absolute rubbish! A nut throws a grenade into a room full of twenty people, somebody grabs and throws it out a window. Unluckily there is someone outside and they are killed, so you blame the person who acted to save everyone instead of the nut who threw it in the first place.
    Blame maybe or maybe not, the point is if he saw the person outside and threw it anyway then his actions caused a death just like Felicity’s actions caused a lot of death and as such she should answer for them, don’t get me wrong I don’t think she should be charged with murder maybe manslaughter however she should spend time behind bars instead of it being swept under the rug to be brought out and then thrown away, what makes it worse she doesn’t grow from it.

Completely ridiculous!
    Possibly but here is something else that is completely ridiculous one live being worth more than another. Felicity should be held up as a hero because she saved millions of people it just cost thousands of people there lives hmm no she is a mass murder and as such should pay the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep. Lies are not always bad, regardless of what the Arroverse says about that.
    Lies aren’t always good either, as I have said before Kara’s lie doesn’t have a physical impact on Lena however Lena lie does have a possible impact on Kara. Both need to make amends however it seems only Kara will because it’s the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep Agreed. Felicity is not culpable in any way.
    Not an expert by any stretch but pretty sure the law disagrees, Felicity’s actions result in the death of people pretty sure she holds some responsibility and here is the thing Felicity agrees with me you want to know how I know because she felt guilty(or maybe that’s because Rory was acting like a human and she wanted reassure that he didn’t think less of her, I’m, going for a she felt guilty) so Felicity knows she committed a crime so yes she is culpable in a way most likely a small way and she could maybe get away with 5-10 years paroled after 5 instead of 25 without.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Pump the hate brakes, Thanos.
    Wait you’re calling me Thanos, don’t know if I should be insulted or complimented.

The missile that hit Havenrock and killed all of those people was actually aimed at Monument Point. Felicity said that she couldn't abort the launch and, because of trajectory, couldn't divert the bird into the ocean. So she adjusted the trajectory as best as she can and saved the millions living in Monument Point by sending the missile to Havenrock. It wasn't something she wanted to do, it was something she was forced to do for the greater good.
    Well that’s troubling to say the least, but ok I’ll run with this – did her actions result in deaths of thousands of people: yes. Was she involved in a government sanctioned operation with immunity; no. did she feel guilty: yes why because she knew that she committed mass murder and as such should pay some kind of price but guess what she won’t. To me the greater good is a concept that is used to justify actions that people would frown on but it does little to help Rory and the fact that his entire family and town are dead the victims of havenrock deserve to see justice done that’s where I stand.

I agree that everything James did is on Felicity. She went against Oliver and ARGUS and broke him out to find Prometheus.
    Well thank you that’s refreshing

But Diaz- no, he may have taken advantage of the situation, but after Cayden James was eliminated, everything he did was on him.
    Ok fair enough I suppose but I was talking of what Diaz did while working for James but maybe he didn’t really do anything. I wonder if James death was related I mean if Felicity and Helix hadn’t broke him out he would – yeah I’m not going there.

As for Siren- was she working for Diaz while pretending to work for James? Or did she just see which way the wind was blowing and switch sides? But I will agree that the deaths she caused wile working for James are on Felicity.
    Ok once again refreshing thank you.

Every death that Slade Wilson caused in Season 2 was on Oliver.
    Yes I agree that is true mostly because he injected him with a drug that caused him to go insane and unstable and then lied to him, not one of Oliver’s proudest moments

LAUREL'S death is on Oliver (why the hell did he put the damn idol back together?!).
    Did Oliver order that they put the idol back together if so yes if not then I think the team share the blame.

You can say that every death that Prometheus caused is on Oliver. Samantha's death is on Oliver.
    I disagree with this, Prometheus wasn’t insane, he knew what he was doing and he chose to kill and play with Oliver’s mind he could have helped start an FBI investigation or gone to the police he chose to take the law into his own hands as such his actions are on him not Oliver well that’s how I see it.

Yet I don't see you stringing him up over that.
    I don’t need to one he is doing time in prison and two since about season 3 his “team” haven’t been shy about punishing him when they think he is in the wrong and in my mind the show has weakened the character to the point that the only way to fix it is to do a crisis event and reboot the thing.

And Felicity is paying the price- not only is she only walking because of tech in her spine, her husband just got sent away for life- and you could say that's all because she let Cayden James out to play.
    Love this how many people do you know who cant walk would love to have the ability to I know a few. The chip is a reward and was treated as such because she was injured and many people think it was insulting and bad when they did it. Oliver was sent away and that was going to happen sooner or later because of the life that he chose. What I am saying is quite simple Felicity has more than one day in court that has been swept under the rug and she will never have them because of the deal that oliver made which is growth for Oliver however to my mind she should spend at least 15-20 years behind bars and she won’t because of plot armor because she is Guggy’s pet project.

And you need to understand two things.
    I would like it noted that I don’t need to understand anything you may want me to but I don’t need to so thanks.

1) Lena lied because Supergirl is working with an off-the-books government black ops organization that routinely incarcerates aliens without due process. She may or may not know that they also imprisoned humans without due process as well (Max Lord in Season 1). So yeah, she's not going to tell them she can make Kryptonite.
    No that was the reason that she didn’t tell them about Sam and she said as such however she knew how Kara felt about kryptonite and that she would take it as a personal insult yet she wasn’t upfront about it. When asked why simple answer a plan b incase Reign beats you into a coma again.

2) Kara's upset that Lena lied about the Kryptonite while she is lying about her identity to her for 2 years now. That in an of itself shows a lack of trust on Kara's part right there.
    We all know that Kara hides her identity to protect those around her. Not saying she is right to do it however if she went public what kind of life would she have. Plus that secret is a massive thing to know however I’m with the people who want her to tell her so they can have a real conversation and clear the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Kryptonians do
    Really guess I chose a bad metaphor.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 05-22-2018 at 02:07 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Extraordinary Member

That’s your opinion, but here is the thing Lena can’t be physical hurt by Kara’s lies but in this instance Kara can be hurt by Lena’s.

Blame maybe or maybe not, the point is if he saw the person outside and threw it anyway then his actions caused a death just like Felicity’s actions caused a lot of death and as such she should answer for them, don’t get me wrong I don’t think she should be charged with murder maybe manslaughter however she should spend time behind bars instead of it being swept under the rug to be brought out and then thrown away, what makes it worse she doesn’t grow from it.
    Are you even looking at what you're typing? Felicity's actions? Did she launch the nuke?

By your crazy argument she would actually be a better person if she did nothing and let an extra 900K people die. That is just lunacy.

Possibly but here is something else that is completely ridiculous one live being worth more than another. Felicity should be held up as a hero because she saved millions of people it just cost thousands of people there lives hmm no she is a mass murder and as such should pay the price.
    First you say she is guilty of manslaughter, then you accuse her of murder. Neither of which is true by any rationale analysis of the facts.

Next you'll be saying if a Doctor only has time to save one patient he's committing a crime by letting the other one die.

I'm sorry, that's just absurd.

Lies aren’t always good either, as I have said before Kara’s lie doesn’t have a physical impact on Lena however Lena lie does have a possible impact on Kara. Both need to make amends however it seems only Kara will because it’s the CW.
    If somebody shot at Kara and Lena dove in front of her to save her, that would by some analysis be Kara's fault. If Lena knew Kara was bulletproof she would not have been injured.

Not an expert by any stretch but pretty sure the law disagrees, Felicity’s actions result in the death of people pretty sure she holds some responsibility and here is the thing Felicity agrees with me you want to know how I know because she felt guilty(or maybe that’s because Rory was acting like a human and she wanted reassure that he didn’t think less of her, I’m, going for a she felt guilty) so Felicity knows she committed a crime so yes she is culpable in a way most likely a small way and she could maybe get away with 5-10 years paroled after 5 instead of 25 without.
    Wow. Just... wow. Okay, I have to be being baited here. Nobody could actually believe this. LOL
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Well, the latest episode sees Kara still wrestling with the fall out of her and Lena's... er... falling out.

Nice to see Mon-El getting some props this episode.

Are you even looking at what you're typing?
    Yeah I am.

Felicity's actions? Did she launch the nuke?
    No how ever that doesn’t have that much relevance to the question, was she part of a sanctioned legal operation, you don’t need to answer that we both know she wasn’t. Did her actions result in the death of people well yes. To me it doesn’t matter who launch the nuke, no one in a position of power asked Felicity to do anything she did it on her own with her friends none of which had that authorization.

By your crazy argument she would actually be a better person if she did nothing and let an extra 900K people die. That is just lunacy.
    When did I say that, answer never my argument is simple her actions led to the deaths of thousands of people and to my mind she hasn’t paid nor grown from that. Your crazy argument and it is a crazy argument since she didn’t launch the nuke, and she saved an extra 900K people then she is fine and holds no responsibility regardless that it was a illegal non sanctioned operation that had massive fatalities. No one person live holds more value than other so the people of havenrock should get justice.

First you say she is guilty of manslaughter, then you accuse her of murder. Neither of which is true by any rationale analysis of the facts.
    Actually I said she should be charged with manslaughter because of the unique aspects of the case, however her actions led to lots of death on a massive scale. But you want to look at the facts ok lets look at the faces
    Rory is an orphan because of Havenrock.
    Until he came round he couldn’t look at Felicity as she was the reason that his family was dead, watch the episode her words said she was the reason and he couldn’t look at her.
    Felicity without permission from any recognized authority tried to intercept the missiles
    That action caused the deaths of an entire town.
    Difference you think she did nothing wrong I on the other head think at least she is guilty of accessory to murder at worst she could be charged with manslaughter, I can’t see anyone charging her with murder

Next you'll be saying if a Doctor only has time to save one patient he's committing a crime by letting the other one die.
    No but here is the thing a doctor makes a mistake, there is a investigation and he pays for it wither its with his job or going to jail there are repercussions he is held responsible for his mistakes by those in authority. What you are saying is that Felicity did nothing wrong on any level and I’m sorry but that is absurd.
    If somebody shot at Kara and Lena dove in front of her to save her, that would by some analysis be Kara's fault. If Lena knew Kara was bulletproof she would not have been injured.
    That could lead to some interesting conversation but it would depend on the specifics and the situation but maybe, like I said interesting conversation.

Wow. Just... wow. Okay, I have to be being baited here. Nobody could actually believe this. LOL
    Why pretty sure even if it’s an accessory to murder charge it holds jail time maybe the numbers are wrong like I said I’m no expert however it should be decided by a court of her peers instead of nothing happening, just like Cayden James nothing happens, where does it end. I listed 6 things that she has done wrong without any repercussions but guess you are an olicity so you want her and oliver to have a happy ever after wither it is logically earned or not. You know what I’m done with this not because I’m wrong but I’m choosing to walk away before this escalates any further.
    Truth is the best policy

Extraordinary Member

Why pretty sure even if it’s an accessory to murder charge it holds jail time maybe the numbers are wrong like I said I’m no expert however it should be decided by a court of her peers instead of nothing happening, just like Cayden James nothing happens, where does it end. I listed 6 things that she has done wrong without any repercussions but guess you are an olicity so you want her and oliver to have a happy ever after wither it is logically earned or not. You know what I’m done with this not because I’m wrong but I’m choosing to walk away before this escalates any further.
    I have to congratulate you. You had me hook, line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Supergirl is pre-empted tonight in the New York area for a baseball game. They will be showing it (and iZombie) on Saturday. Though it will probably be available On Demand before that.
    I live in the New York area and because of the Jewish holiday couldn't watch it at it's usual 8:00 p.m. time. Watched it on line this morning. So you don't have to weight until Saturday.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Let me guess Jimmy's going to reveal his secret identity next season and somehow wind up in jail.
    He doesn't have to reveal his secret identity to show that he's a black man.

Sandy Hausler

Though I don't know why we're talking about Felicity on this thread, under the specific facts of the case, she likely would not be guilty of any crime. Of course, a judge can decide whatever he or she wants based on a reading of the law, but a person trying to save millions, with the result being only a fraction of that number being killed -- unlikely to be even be indicted.

Oh, and I am a lawyer, so, while things like Felicity's situation, do not come across my desk too often, I do have some knowledge of the law.

Sandy Hausler

Extraordinary Member

Looks like Kara and Mon-El get to spend some quality time together next ep.

Angst expectations are high LOL

But can I just say, huge props for Mehcad Brooks this episode. His performance where James recounts his childhood trauma was powerful.

Though I have to admit, I did not make the connection straight away that the police reaction to him was because of him being African American and the other guys being white. That sucks.

Mighty Member

Was there a episode of Supergirl after the game on monday

Fantastic Member

I'm getting so upset with the writing crew. I see the writing on the wall in regards to Lena and Kara's friendship. It looks like they are going the route of Smallville and turning Lena into an enemy of Kara's instead of a friend. I was hoping they would avoid that cliché story. I wanted Lena and Kara to be actual friends and have Kara confide in Lena about her identity. It would have been an interesting avenue to explore for sure. Having Lena fight off all the darkness in her family and rise above it would have been far more exciting than this current situation of Lena feeling betrayed by Supergirl. The way its going now... she will find out Kara is Supergirl by the end of the season and she will become the next season's big bad. I don't want to see Lena go down that path.